Hyundai i20 1.4 CRDi - Test Driven

I agree with you Jayadev! None of the Hyundai's are good handlers above 100kmph(don know about SUV'S though). The ride becomes very wobbly , bouncy , stability is not very inspiring! Forget i10 and i20 even i have seen Sonata Transform owners complaining about high speed stability!

Good review zinam , but missing pictures

i have driven a i20 , both petrol and diesel.

the diesel was bit sluggish to me , also the petrol

the petrol punto scores so high above the petrol i20

looks wise i20 is bit pleasing unlike other hyundai cars with some what good head lamp and rear designs.

petrol i20 - i have accelerated kinda drive

diesel normal drive - but was like a bit sluggish.
At 2200 rpm line of diesel i20 and diesel punto , i agree i20 leases more power thing , But at same time the swift stands for its name

quicker of 3 . even we can add fabia , i come behind the swift.

I like the safety feature of i20 with 6 airbag .
i dont like its price

ilango[speed thirst];58595 said:
Good review zinam , but missing pictures
i have driven a i20 , both petrol and diesel.

the diesel was bit sluggish to me , also the petrol
i have read somewhere(i think in bsmotoring) i20 crdi 1.4 does 0-100 in 11.8 seconds

the petrol punto scores so high above the petrol i20
cant believe it i20 has better driveable ratios compared to sluggish punto.

looks wise i20 is bit pleasing unlike other hyundai cars with some what good head lamp and rear designs.
sure

petrol i20 - i have accelerated kinda drive diesel normal drive - but was like a bit sluggish.
At 2200 rpm line of diesel i20 and diesel punto , i agree i20 leases more power thing , But at same time the swift stands for its name
good old swift wins here again

quicker of 3 . even we can add fabia , i come behind the swift.

I like the safety feature of i20 with 6 airbag .
i dont like its price
life is give and take to get something, sometimes you have to give more things.

My TD opinion on petrol i20,
+ves
Very spacious
Good interior quality
Good seating position with adjustable seat and steering

Areas of improvement -
Handling
Steering rattling issue as complained by many i20 owners
AC not effective :(

I agree with all your above views Nofate , they are absolutely true! But AC its not effective even in Polo and Fabia 1.6L!

In my opinion, i20 is the best diesel hatchback you can buy now, followed by polo.

Every car has its pros & cons, but i20 is an all rounder. It has the performance, the space, the FE, the safety, the A.S.S & the resale value.

In my opinion, i20 is the best diesel hatchback you can buy now, followed by polo.

Every car has its pros & cons, but i20 is an all rounder. It has the performance, the space, the FE, the safety, the A.S.S & the resale value.
i agree to the above only to an extend considering the persistent steering rattle issues and poor air-conditioner in i20 is a huge put off. even though i have no personal hands on experience with these but they are what i noticed from reviews and experiences across the internet.

for the given price of i20 it would be difficult for me to bear with said rattle and heat.

The steering rattle & AC issue has been reportedly solved by Hyundai.

"For AC problems, Hyundai has suggested i20 ECM reprogram for AC performance enhancement and for tackling the rattles, they add Urethane Pad & Yoke Spring for Noise. The latter has got to do with the steering assembly."

Yes my friend who just bought one a few months back his AC is good and no steering rattle issue in his car. The SE while purchase mentioned that the AC effect problem has been rectified now with the BSIV models.

The steering rattle & AC issue has been reportedly solved by Hyundai.

"For AC problems, Hyundai has suggested i20 ECM reprogram for AC performance enhancement and for tackling the rattles, they add Urethane Pad & Yoke Spring for Noise. The latter has got to do with the steering assembly."
Not sure about AC issue, but the rattling issues has been re-appeared to most of the owners again.
Also, Hyundai has not given any solution to it, it was offered only to few customers by service center. Hyundai is yet to find a solution.

Having said that i20 CRDI engine performance is top class.

what i noted is people are complaining again, ac is improved with ecu rework but compromised the original fuel efficiency and power delivery.

ps:one of the main reason i sold of my previous car (not hyundia) was ac issue , of course a.s.s did some ecu reprogramming which gave marginal improvements but i felt engine working more than usual after that though i could not check fuel efficiency.

I don know what rattling issue you guys are mentioning! My friend owning one for 3 months has not faced anything till that.

About loss is power delivery and FE , Well just like Punto ,i20 is also sluggish and struggles initially but after 2rd gear its a rocket! And FE my friend got 17.xxkmpl in his recent trip , which i think is not very bad or poor to complain.

And hey this thread is about i20CRDI and we are discussing issues about i20 petrol! Like RSM said i20 CRDI is a great performer but a little pricey maybe.

Top Bottom