Hyundai i15 To Plug the Gap Between i10 & i20 in India?

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Hyundai is on a roll. The company is coming out with new models which are making mainstream car buyers salivating. Be it the soon to be launched New Verna, the international sensation Sonata YF or the extremely gorgeous New Elantra, every model from the Korean carmaker’s stable seems to be bristling with a newfound charm. But Hyundai refuses to rest on its laurels and continues to pump resources into building models which plug every conceivable gap in the global car bazaar and create segments if required. What you see here in these pictures seems to be one such effort. Our friends at Noticiasautomotivas in Brazil have managed to catch this new Hyundai hatchback which apparently is an i10 / i20 straddler.

This means that if you find the i10 too small and the i20 too big, this is the car you should be looking at. The new car has been labelled the i15 and codenamed HB by Hyundai While there is no clarity on the choice of engine, we can safely expect Hyundai to choose from its current lineup of 1.2 / 1.4 / 1.6 petrol and 1.4 / 1.6 diesel engines. While the international markets have a probability of getting a powerful 1.6 liter unit, a 1.4-liter petrol / diesel engine unit seems more apt for India. As it is, the Hyundai i20 is available only with 1.4-liter engine units, and the new car is expected to be positioned below the model, so it is unlikely that any bigger engines will power the compact for India

It’s difficult to comment on the design of the car with its heavy camouflage, but size wise it should match the current Swift. The car seems to have a wide stance, with big bold bumpers. The width of the car should augment shoulder room, and it looks fairly long too for good kneeroom. Seems like Hyundai are bang on the money as far as functionality goes. Still early days to comment on price, but if Hyundai wants to position it between the i10 and the i20, then the price should be somewhere there too, between the two. Going by the current roll-outs from the Hyundai stables we are sure the new car too would amaze one and all. Do you think there is need for a car between the i10 and the i20? What should be the qualities / power of such a car if it comes from the Hyundai stables? What should be its pricing? Do let us know. Source: Motoroids

Attachments

Re: Spied: Hyundai i15 to plug the gap between i10 and i20?

Interesting , but is this by any chance the car that was supposed to compete with the Alto? I remember seeing some spyshots of the same in our forum.

Thread Starter #3

AMG

Suspended

Even the i10 costs more than the alto.

The i15 will cost more than the i10.

The company is coming out with new models which are making mainstream car buyers salivating.
that expressions was very interesting and exciting.

yes i was also missing something seriously something which could be placed at 5-6 lakh in top end .
something better than ford figo , spacious like vista, sporty like swift with i20 kind bling.
let me wish hyundai does meet up our hopes and deliver a great product.

no no please hyundai no more overhype like i20 and mediocre like verna.
we prefer efficiency in real.

This car should be the Getz replacement now.

Kind of simple looks, No way a looker at first sight.

350Z

Core Team

Take a look at these crystal clear spyshots of Hyundai i15. Must admit, it's a looker.

Hyundai-HB.jpg

Hyundai-i15.jpg
Pics: Autoesporte.com.br

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8

AMG

Suspended

Looks like a fusion of Kia and Hyundai.

Yeah definitely a looker , those headlamps and tail lamps are gorgeous!

Thread Starter #10

AMG

Suspended

The i15 was recently spotted on SB road, Pune by a friend. He has no pics.

So Pune-ites, take your cameras along.

Thread Starter #12

AMG

Suspended

Perhaps.

Will check and confirm.

Thread Starter #13

AMG

Suspended

It was the HA only.

[surprise]
Have a look at those wheel rims, though they are for trial purpose, will the actual vehicle come with this offset?[confused]

Top Bottom