Hyundai i10 Wheels Get Jam After 25-35 Kms of Driving

Thread Starter #1
Hi

i just purchased old i10 two days back. The original owner said that this car is mostly be in parking and used very very less mostly once in a month.

When i start the car, it is smooth and running fine but after running 25-35 km, Car type got jam. If i stopped the car race then car is stooped automatically like i pressed the break padals, after some time car even not moved after so much race.

If i wait for an hour then its again start normally. I go to local mechanic who said that its break booster is not working and that need be changed which cost should be above 3K.

Please help me guys if this issue is with break booster. What should i do?

Re: Wheel get jam after 25-35 Km driving of i10

If one brake locks, it could be due to caliper piston which is causing the drag and eventually the wheels locks up.

If all the wheels lock up at the same time, it could be due to master brake cylinder. Just drive the car for few kms, check which side of the wheel is more hotter compared to others. If you can find it, you can drive further and check whether that particular wheel gets locked. If it's the case, then the caliper piston of the wheel needs to be changed.

If there is not hotness and all wheels gets locked, it's a master brake cylinder. But when a brake cylinder gets hot, fluid will be flushed out through the brake oil cap in the engine bay.

brake booster can't be the cause but cannot be ruled out. start the car, press the pedal normally and then release. if the pedal comes up and requires less pressure the second time, brake booster is working.

If the car has ABS,malfunction of ABS sensor also cannot be ruled out.

As a intial step, check the brake pads. Do a brake bleed, change the brake fluid and check how it's running. As you have mentioned the vechicle has been parked for some time, do the intial check up.

Re: Wheel get jam after 25-35 Km driving of i10

I would suggest to take car to some expert mechanic before visiting showroom.

If it front wheel, then check the temperature of disk, if it is too hot then check for disk pad and boosters.

As above said if it is ABS unit then could be a big trouble. But I assume that ABS unit is too robust so chances are very rare. Since you buy a second hand car, its kind of gamble! Do not worry some mechanic will fix this.

It might be caliper piston and caliper pin problem.

Buy caliper grease do a small break service job..
This can fix the issue..

Ie. Take caliper pines out and remove the old grease with wd40 and clean the boots.. And pin female part in caliper itself.. Flush all the contaminants, use new grease and fit back, also keep some grease on sliding pins of pads.

Also check the caliper pin , it must be smooth and soft and cylindrical, any play in the pin inside the caliper , Change new pins, very cheap actually..

If you break and pedal comes back, then all the slave and master cylinders are fine.

Break booster problem can be solved by pressing the brake pedal after few mins, when engine is off, pedal must not be hard, vaccum must be present still, so there is no leak in booster as well as intake.

Had the same problem, confused my mechanic totally because problem persisted even after cleaning brakes, changing pads and fixing calipers. Then KUN Hyundai, Adyar chennai mechanic changed the "Brake Stopper Bush" which had been replaced by a plastic pin by another mechanic earlier. After replacing the brake stopper bush (cost Rs.150) the problem disappeared. Had to spend Rs.6500 to find out that it takes only a part costing Rs.150 that was creating the problem!!!

Top Bottom