Hyundai i10 Magna: Spare parts and ABS fitment

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Happy pongal to Everyone of you and your family members ! [cheers]

Just on this auspicious day of pongal, an accident happened to my most loving i10 Magna 2009 model car. It was a truck halted in middle of the road, I pumped breaks hard for few Secs car skidded on the dry empty road and banged, the back of the truck. [frustration]

The bumpers gone, Radiator pipe gone, a ditch over the hood. We are safe in the car. I could drive the car to garrage, as the temperature was fine in engine. Headlights and Engine is fine.

Can anyone have a price list of the "Magna i10 manual" spare parts cost.

I am 100% Confident, that if I had an ABS over my car it would have saved the day with few feet away from the truck.

Can any one of you suggest if I can install ABS at any authorized Service center, and how much it would cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Magna i10, Spare parts and ABS fitment

Hello krajubh,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Sad to hear about the unfortunate incident.

I am 100% Confident, that if I had an ABS over my car it would have saved the day with few feet away from the truck.
Can any one of you suggest if I can install ABS at any authorized Service center, and how much it would cost?
Aftermarket ABS installation is not recommended and i have come across some cases when such installations have failed. Have a talk with your dealer/SA about the ABS installation.
As for the spare parts cost, i will try to get the details of the parts you need. Kindly tell me the parts whose prices you want to know.

Thread Starter #3
Hello Akash,

Appreciate your quick reponse and valuable advice.

The cars still sitting in the garrage, due to holiday weekend no "job Sheet " has been prepared. I Cam confident on

Complete Front Bumper == 100% Damage
Radiator Pipe = 100% Damage
Radiator = After the accident I see only the Radiator collent off the road, not sure on the Radiator
HeadLights = Front Passenger side light came out but it is in working conditoin
Two Ditchs on the Hood == How much would this usually cost to get removed.

Front Passenger Side Door is locked due to the impact.

Can u guess how much the above all would cost??

One of my friend suggested if the cost of the Damage is around 7k only then he wanted me not to go for Insurance claim, how far is this valid?

Mine is a one and half year old Car just ran 4000 kms, this Year I paid a premium of 7k to Reliance Insurance. Any advice over Claim is also very much appreciated.

The estimate charges will be about 8k. The front bumper itself costs about 4.5k.
IMO you should claim insurance since the repair costs are pretty close to 10k.

sad to hear this, ride safe buddy.

i dont think that ABS are after market installable.

however ABS are of great use at high speeds
abs are installable but sadly not in india .abs installation requires certain strict specification and tests to be passed for reliable operations, which in india nobody is equipped with.

the best option is to buy a new car with abs , exchanging the present one or be conscious about the braking capabilities and drive slow.

Hello Everyone,

Happy pongal to Everyone of you and your family members ! [cheers]

Just on this auspicious day of pongal, an accident happened to my most loving i10 Magna 2009 model car. It was a truck halted in middle of the road, I pumped breaks hard for few Secs car skidded on the dry empty road and banged, the back of the truck. [frustration]

The bumpers gone, Radiator pipe gone, a ditch over the hood. We are safe in the car. I could drive the car to garrage, as the temperature was fine in engine. Headlights and Engine is fine.

Can anyone have a price list of the "Magna i10 manual" spare parts cost.

Glad that you are safe.
I am not sure that ABS would have shortened your distance but yes it could have helped you in maneuvering your car by preventing wheel lockup. But neverthless it is required in India.

350Z

Core Team
Hello Everyone, I am 100% Confident, that if I had an ABS over my car it would have saved the day with few feet away from the truck. Can any one of you suggest if I can install ABS at any authorized Service center, and how much it would cost?
Welcome to The Automotive India, Krajubh. After market installation of ABS is certainly not the most viable option. Also remember, at the end, it is You (The Driver) who should have control over the car and even the difference of 1 Kmp/h does matters a lot. Check out the video below to understand what I am trying to say.

YouTube - difference of 5 km

Complete Front Bumper == 100% Damage
Radiator Pipe = 100% Damage
Radiator = After the accident I see only the Radiator collent off the road, not sure on the Radiator
HeadLights = Front Passenger side light came out but it is in working conditoin
Two Ditchs on the Hood == How much would this usually cost to get removed.
These are the approximate prices of Hyundai i10's spare parts (Excluding any labour charges)

- Front Bumper: Rs.980
- Radiator: Rs.2,400
- Headlamp: Rs.3,522
- Dents: Depends how big it is, seeing the pictures might help.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to The Automotive India, Krajubh. After market installation of ABS is certainly not the most viable option. Also remember, at the end, it is You (The Driver) who should have control over the car and even the difference of 1 Kmp/h does matters a lot. Check out the video below to understand what I am trying to say.

YouTube - difference of 5 km

These are the approximate prices of Hyundai i10's spare parts (Excluding any labour charges)

- Front Bumper: Rs.980
- Radiator: Rs.2,400
- Headlamp: Rs.3,522
- Dents: Depends how big it is, seeing the pictures might help.

Drive Safe,
350Z
How come the front bumper price was quoted at 4.5 in an earlier post and now 980... its a huge difference.

Thread Starter #15
Hey 350Z,

Thanx a billion over the youtube link, which gave me a clear picture of the scope of accidents. And it is true that I was in Indeed driving in a safe speed, i.e no above 50KMPH. Yesterday I spent halfday with my Service Center and logged a claim from Reliance General Insurance for around 30k with fingers crossed ;)

The agent at the service center appreciated me for the control and low speed I am driving when I met that accident, I just told him that I hit a truck after applying breaks, with his experience he told that I was in less speed and had in deed controlled the car so is the minimum damage, this adds a great relief to me. :)

Now I have my analysis,
1) Never Ever dare to drive close to autoWalas:
I have been doing this since I got my car, so I have not got ever a scratch so far by them.
2) Safe distance have to be maintained with trucks.
This one as well I did in low speeds but that distance was not adequate.
3) As allways I drive slow over Wet Surfaces as I know I lack ABS.
Now I have to remember the same rule on dry road and based on the object travelling before you.

I have my lessons learnt, let me get back my car, I have an advanced algorithm to access the conditions.

Cheers, will keep posting on the actuals once they start repairing my car. But above all I love i10 driving pleasure, hyundai would have atleast add a less thick bar around the engine, The plastic case is not enough to guard the 1.2 Kappa engine.. :(

Top Bottom