Hyundai i10 Fragile and Sensitive Plastic Parts

Thread Starter #1
Its been over 3 years I've been driving my i10 and it is a charm on both city & highways.

Other than driving few things concerns me and at times annoys me a lot, here:

- Within 1st month my cousin hit car from front and bumper from both sides came open, the clips and screw loops got broken. Dealer suggested to replace the whole bumper, but I got the work done by local mechanic, he did plastic welding (Rs 300) and they got set just like nothing had happened. Saved 3-4k bucks.

- Within 6 months the left AC vent on dashboard of passenger side got broke when I simply tried to adjust the air flow. On inspecting the small plastic stick that joints the 3 shafts from inside was broken. No replacement for that stick, whole piece needs to be changed, costs Rs 1500.

- After 2 years suddenly one day stereo stopped working, got it replaced for free. Thank god I had 3rd year extended warranty, otherwise it costs me about 6k.

- Last month suddenly EPS stopped working, car was like a truck to drive. The steering module came out faulty. Costs 6k, but replaced for free in 3rd year warranty clause.

- Just found yesterday that the plastic case on front-bottom where the radiator sits is broken from side. Why the hell they made it of plastic and at so sensitive area. Replacement cost 7-8k.

- Front-left door's lock broken and power window button not working, don't know how. Both needs replacement. Cost: N/A.

- The rear view mirror produces a rattling sound when the car is on high gear and moving slow. Also the side pillars makes vibration sound when driving on rough roads.

- The cabin light switch also gets free very often and I need to fix it again and again. Found that the plastic part where it gets set got broken, so this time they fixed it with elfy glue.

- And the list can go long n long... [sleep]

In all Hyundai claims about good and catchy interiors. But IMO they only look good but are very sensitive, fragile and prone to early wear n tear.

Thread Starter #3
To add to the above list:

- The black fog light covers on the front bumper keeps coming out and the round void hole looks very bad. I've also see this in lot of other i10 cars. Though they costs just 30-40 Rs. so I keep on fixing them whenever I found them missing. [surprise]

Yes you are correct. The EPS failure is common in i10 and i20's. Recently Hyundai admitted that their steering assembly is faulty. Since the launch of i10 and i20, they have been selling faulty cars in India. The bumpers are really a joke.

Yes these are the problems with the light weight and plasticky cars. As they are cheap on regular maintenance and running , we will have to adjust with these!

Even my Verna's front bumpers are real bad , one hit from a biker and i had to change the entire bumper![frustration]

Really sad to note the issues you are facing with your i10. Couple of my friends also have i10 but they never complained about it nor discussed. At least I do not remember, strange !

Really sad to note the issues you are facing with your i10. Couple of my friends also have i10 but they never complained about it nor discussed. At least I do not remember, strange !
Even i havent heard about this issue, though, most of my friend are facing the infamous rattling problem.

I have I10 Kappa since July 2010.

I have mixed experience.

1st month, i have some rattling noise from front & Service engineer said that the pad on which radiator sits broken. It costed me 5K as it was not fully covered under insurance.

It was to my surprise that critical components like Radiator is supported by plastic component which will get hit on high bumps. This issue i have never faced in my M800 for more than 10 years.

during 3rd free service, they have replaced steering column bush & pad due to rattling sound.

Front fog cover came out once & re placed with new one....

In politics it is most common. Enjoy.

With love (i10)[confused]

BSN

Well, I did get call from Hyundai, South Korea couple of times. I have reported all issues including steering rattle. Only fake promises,no action.

Lesson learn't -- I won't accept any hyundai car, even somebody gives it for free to me.

Top Bottom