Hyundai i10 Diesel To Arrive in First Quarter of 2013

I am shocked after reading things here.. please dont get confused with prices guys

I recently bought a i10 1.2 Magna for just 4.3 Lakhs OTR!!

You get an Asta M/T for just 5.4 Lakhs OTR. (W/O Sun Roof )

So for Magna M/T 4.3 Lakhs + 1Lakh Max = 5.3 Lakhs [best bang in segment again]

350Z

Core Team
Re: Hyundai to Launch the i10 Diesel?

Thanks to rising fuel prices, Diesel has certainly become the favourite choice. We have an apt example of New Diesel hatchbacks in India, such as upcoming Chevy Beat. Hyundai is now ready to pull up its socks and bring the i10 CRDi in India. This 1.1 Liter CRDi Motor will churn out 75 PS of horse power. Although there are no official confirmations but rumors indicate the strong possibilities of its launch happening soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

A much waited move but i have a small feeling i10 CRDI may kill i20 CRDI completely because of its hefty price tag.

Hyundai should launch Santro diesel with a 1L Crdi engine with 20+ mileage instead of i10 diesel. Then it will be a hot selling car. A face lift might help a lot.

Hi, I feel Santro should be discontinued. Hyundai should launch cheaper variant of i10 with Diesel available in entire line up. It will help to gain more sales.

With skyrocketing petrol prices, the pockets of a regular commuter getting pinched, what alternatives does an average middle class / upper middle class person who wants to plonk 5-6L on a car have?

- Reduce usage of car?
- Switch to a diesel car?

If he is going for the second option, what choices does he have - Beat Diesel, Vista Diesel, Figo Diesel (don't think there is anything more in this price segment)

Given some reasonable authentic reports that say more than 50% of cars sold in 2011 were diesel; given that 'petrol only' car manufacturers like Honda have taken a beating last year; given that sales of top sellers of Hyundai and Maruti - i.e. i10 and Alto have dropped by over 20% in the last few months; given that Swift-D has a waiting period that runs into months, does Hyundai have a strong case for a small diesel car?

Should Hyundai prioritize this over its other new launches - Elantra / Tucson etc.?

Extending this further, the cheapest diesel car in India I believe is the Beat diesel (or may be the Indica v2). Is there a market for a diesel car in a segment below this?

Would an Eon diesel at 4.5L OTR have a market at all? Is it valid to assume the usage (km / month) of small car owners is too small to give him a diesel option. Or is there an untapped segment that wishes to buy a diesel given high km / month, but cannot afford 6L on a diesel car?

From the company's perspective - Are there technical difficulties in developing diesel engines with such small engine capacities? Is it worth investing time, effort and money in trying to tap this segment?

Last edited by a moderator:

That is a great move by Hyndai if this news is to be believed. Rather than a 1.1 CRDI its better if they have atleast a 1.2 CRDi so that it can compete with the swift and Polo though the 1.1 seems to be generating the same power that the swift and polo does. Also if this is the specification then people might want to compromise on power and go for the i10 with lesser waiting period. I also suppose that it would return better FE than the swift/polo as it has a smaller engine. Wonder when they plan to launch this actually.

Scoop! - Hyundai i10 Diesel Launching in First Quarter 2013

Heartening news for the Diesel hunters in Basic Hatchback segment.

While everyone in the industry is fastening plans of launching its diesel models, the latest news coming in is about the Hyundai i10 diesel , for which everybody was waiting eagerly. Our close sources reveal that Indians will not have to wait any longer, the Korean automaker has pre-poned its plans of launching the i10 diesel in India. It was first planned to launch in the second half of 2013, now it will be in the market as soon as the first quarter of the next year, possibly in March 2013.

However, nothing on the engine specification has been disclosed by the company yet, we are expecting the next generation i10 to house the 3-cylinder diesel mill, which is likely to power the i20 facelift in international markets. The proposed i20 facelift with the new 3-cylinder diesel engine was unveiled at the 2012 Geneva Motor show, and this has been done keeping in mind the rising demand for compact hatches offering the optimum fuel economy.

The 1.1-litre U-II diesel engine churns out the maximum of 74bhp and 180Nm of torque, which means if the similar engine is used in the i10 diesel, the vehicle will be able to return the equally impressive mileage as its close competitors including Maruti Suzuki Swift diesel, Maruti Suzuki Ritz, Fiat Punto, newly launched Chevrolet Sail U-VA and some others that are powered by the fiat sourced 1.3-litre MultiJet engine.
We are expecting the Hyundai i10 diesel's cost to go higher by 50 to 60,000 rupees than the top end petrol variant. Stay tuned for more updates on the same.

Source : Cardekho

Ad!tya

Suspended
Re: Scoop! - Hyundai i10 Diesel Launching in First Quarter 2013

GREAT NEWS!

The hatchback buyers mostly look out for cars with good quality interiors, which according to me, the i10 perfectly has.
Looking forward for the release.
Maybe this could become my next car! [:D]

GREAT NEWS!

The hatchback buyers mostly look out for cars with good quality interiors, which according to me, the i10 perfectly has.
Looking forward for the release.
Maybe this could become my next car! [:D]
Well you are right! But its not going to be far behind to drop a diesel heart by Maruti either in A-Star or in Wagon-R. Nowadays Maruti face huge heat with Hyundai and they are forced to rollout the products in par competition with them. With this said, you will have many choices when you decide to purchase your next car! [:)]

This means the pressure on me to sell off i10 is now even more & post diesel launch, I doubt how many will opt for petrol. [thinking]

Hello All,

I just had been to Advaith Hyundai showroom Blore and enquired about hyundai's next step for i10. The dealer told that he has no idea but HMIL have given a clue like they are not gonna get hyundai i10 diesel to india because of the price range!!! [anger] This is the only idea behind the release of Hyundai i10 LPG. This is just a clue but still even the dealer doesnt know. Any of you had got the same info????

Regards,
Honda Activa P200 Esteem

Top Bottom