Hyundai i10 Automatic Sportz

Thread Starter #1
I always wanted my wife to drive and even tried teaching her how to drive but she always struggled with Clutches and Gears. In the end, she did give up learning how to drive a car and instead forced me to buy her a Scooty for nearby driving for buying groceries, etc. I always thought Scooters are a very unsafe mode of travel, esp. in crowdy cities like Delhi and it was then that she told me that she would drive a car, only if its an Automatic.
That was around more than 2 years back and it was the 1st time that I scanned the net for Automatic option among the small cars. Soon, I got to know that only i10 and A-star had an Automatic version among small cars.

We went and took a 'test drive' of both and since I am not a big fan of Maruti, I decided i10 would be my choice for Automatic version among small cars for my wife. Since I too was looking to change my Ford Fusion for a newer car, I sold it to one of my friends and bought an Automatic Sportz i10 from Deep Hyundai in Dec,10. Since one of my patients worked there, he got me a very good deal in terms of free insurance, exchange bonus and a handsome cash discount.

I bought it for close to 5 Lac only. Initially, I thought it would be just like a toy car with not much acceleration. I had also read on internet that Automatic cars lack acceleration and aren't fun to drive on highways.

I exclusively drove it in whole of 2011 and clocked close to 18,000 km. And found it amazingly agile with adequate power while overtaking bigger cars on highways. In fact, last summers, we went to Nainital, Binsar, Almora and Kasauni with 5 adults and 4 kids on board since my sister with her son had come from US for Holidays. Still, the car performed brilliantly on highways and some very steep hills.

In city traffic, the Automatic option is a boon with no tiredness felt at all while negotiating traffic moving at snail's pace with frequent starts and stops.
Interiors which are a combo of Grey and Biege look very soothing while boot space is adequate for a small car. The in-built music system is good and Air-conditioning too is very good. Even the roof is quite high helping a 6 feet plus guy like me get in and out pretty easily. The after-sales Service of Hyundai too is good and I have not spent anything major on it having driven around 20,000 km so far.

Since I now drive mainly my own XUV, my wife drives it and I thank Hyundai for providing such a good Automatic option because otherwise I would never had the pleasure of seeing her drive.

Only flaw I can think of is the mileage. Its around 10 km/l in city and 12-13km/l on highways and that too on Petrol which pinches the pocket quite a lot. [;)]

Re: i10 Automatic Sportz

nice startup love cars.

do post some pictures of your drive.

and how is the service quality of hyundai.

been hearing from friends that they are overpriced .

I always wanted my wife to drive and even tried teaching her how to drive but she always struggled with Clutches and Gears.
Nothing new..same with every married man and woman too..I tried to teach my GF on my TSI and she just pressed the gas and took her to 40 kph in1 second or two..since road was empty so nothing happened but I gave up.[:D]

I bought it for close to 5 Lac only. Initially, I thought it would be just like a toy car with not much acceleration. I had also read on internet that Automatic cars lack acceleration and aren't fun to drive on highways.
You need to drive a Scorpio auto or a Cruze auto or a Laura DSG.Still I think i10 has definitely changed this feeling of yours.

I exclusively drove it in whole of 2011 and clocked close to 18,000 km. And found it amazingly agile with adequate power while overtaking bigger cars on highways. In fact, last summers, we went to Nainital, Binsar, Almora and Kasauni with 5 adults and 4 kids on board since my sister with her son had come from US for Holidays. Still, the car performed brilliantly on highways and some very steep hills.
First of all tell me how you people fitted in an i10.It looks like you are an expert in space management too..[lol]

I thank Hyundai for providing such a good Automatic option because otherwise I would never had the pleasure of seeing her drive.
And I thank you for providing a good opening post,now I am waiting for complete review and a lot of pics..

Only flaw I can think of is the mileage. Its around 10 km/l in city and 12-13km/l on highways and that too on Petrol which pinches the pocket quite a lot.
I hope your wife drives very less..[evil]

At last..congrats for the car buddy(though very late it is).I have driven i10 automatic in just TDs but I find it a great car,simply perfect for city driving..
Now,where is the picture is the???

Thread Starter #4

nice startup love cars.

do post some pictures of your drive.

and how is the service quality of hyundai.

been hearing from friends that they are overpriced .
Service Quality of Hyundai is alright. You don't need to fix an appointment, just take your car to Service center which is always Jam-packed. They do it 'quick and fast'. Cost, I think is alright, nowadays nothing comes cheap, why should we expect Hyundai service to be as well? Overall, a good package...

Service Quality of Hyundai is alright. You don't need to fix an appointment, just take your car to Service center which is always Jam-packed. They do it 'quick and fast'. Cost, I think is alright, nowadays nothing comes cheap, why should we expect Hyundai service to be as well? Overall, a good package...
I agree but people have different opinions bro, if Honda is expensive people are ready to pay for it but when its Hyundai they think its not worth. Even, I own two Hyundai i10s and completely agree with you they are great to drive in city and acceleration too is pretty good.

Thread Starter #7

I agree but people have different opinions bro, if Honda is expensive people are ready to pay for it but when its Hyundai they think its not worth. Even, I own two Hyundai i10s and completely agree with you they are great to drive in city and acceleration too is pretty good.
Honestly I never get it when they discuss this thing called 'Expensive'- how expensive and expensive in relation to whom? Are they comparing it to Tata or Mahindra? I have heard ppl saying even Tata and Mahindra are expensive too? When one can pay a premium of around 60,000 for an Automatic option and sacrifice at least 20-30% of Mileage for ease of an AT option, why will he bother for a few hunfred bucks?

Top Bottom