Hyundai i10 Auto Asta - One Year of Ownership

Thread Starter #31
Dhaya, which headlamps are you referring? Philips extreme are 55w only and its plug n play operation. I agree with you regarding 90/100 headlamps. I have dropped that idea.

So now I am confused between,
philips power extreme AND philips crystal vision.

Do let me know whether these are legal and which are the best.

All 55W bulbs are legal bro. I don know how does switching over to the same 55W increases the light output but yes i have been reading many positive reviews about the same. It voids your warranty but nothing too much to worry about actually.

I have read good reviews on Philips power extreme , so i recommend that.

cooldhaya,yes planning to change the tires, GIII potenza doesnt come in 175/70 R13. I am considering Turanzas ER 60. Price quoted was 3800 per tire. For alloys, I have selected Neo 13" ICE plain 5 spoke design.
Why don't you upgrade to 14" wheels.

All 55W bulbs are legal bro. I don know how does switching over to the same 55W increases the light output but yes i have been reading many positive reviews about the same. It voids your warranty but nothing too much to worry about actually.

I have read good reviews on Philips power extreme , so i recommend that.
I was told bulbs do not bulb warranty.

Thread Starter #35
Peter, I did consider 14" first. However I feel it will be too much for little i10. Don't know whether I am correct. Hence I decided for 13". Do let me know if you have something in your mind.

Thread Starter #36
One update, The design of Neo alloys called "ICE" which I have pasted a picture in one of my previous posts have been discontinued by Neo. Now I will have to select some other design.

Thread Starter #37
@dhaya, many guys here have a complaint about very short life of Philips Power Extreme. Although, I will first see the headlamps with 100/90 and then decide. Any suggestions on same?

Please no 100/90 bulbs , they are not street legal! Hmmm well am not sure then choose crystal vision if you hear good reviews.

@cooldhaya: using 100/90W is not legal :agree:, but using 55/60W its difficult to drive in highway or city at night. We need to do lots of guess work with stock 55/60W at night driving which is not worth our Life. I use 100/90 philips Rally H4 use low beam with Headlamp leveling(1 or 2 person @ 0-1 level) in city i guess this shouldn't be an issue because headlight are fully focused towards down, it wont be a problem for opposite traveling driver/rider[drive]. I've tried this practically with my friends, told them to ride from opposite direction of my car with Headlights ON in night.

Hmmm i have the stock bulbs in my Verna and never felt they are insufficient till now. I restrict myself to 80-90kmph in nights and i feel these are sufficient for such speeds. I don know how your setup will look while coming head-on. But these bulbs cause enormous strain on the eyes of the oncoming traffic , i have even fought with some drivers for using high beams inside city!

Thread Starter #41
dhaya, I do understand your concern. That's the reason I am holding my upgrade. At the most will change the bulbs. However the headlamps of i10 are really pathetic. They do not inspire confidence at even 60kms/hr speed.

Thread Starter #43
Somehow I do not have that confidence on highways with stock. Same thing with tires. Will be changing both now.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45
Thanks Nofate. I did look through the website and today saw the difference between 100/90 fitted swift and xtreme power fitted swift. 100/90 had better throw of light and guys at the accesory shop was tilted towards 100/90.

Let's see I will be updating it next week. Will let you all know.

Top Bottom