Hyundai i10 1.2 Starting Problem

I have the same problem with hyundai i10 2009 model. My suggestion for new car buyer is Please Do Not buy hyundai i10 0r any hyundai car. I face the same imobilizer problem from last three years. Service centre always try to cut my pocket any way.

I have the same problem with hyundai i10 2009 model. My suggestion for new car buyer is Please Do Not buy hyundai i10 0r any hyundai car. I face the same imobilizer problem from last three years. Service centre always try to cut my pocket any way.
Hi dear, It won't be good/mature to say -not to but any hyundai cars", I my dad had santro in 2001, and is still running, with regular maintenance. I won a Xcent since last 1 year, and never ever had faced any starting issues. There might be some Issues/problem with your car/and few others, but that doesn't means that All Hyundai cars are bad and not worth buying.

Mr.Swadesh
What rocksns,told is partly correct,most hyundai's face this problem.
Its a typical fault in its engine spark plug and injector designing,as the design doesn't suit the physical parameter of our country's climate.
My friend's 2 santro's is having same problem.
Each service he says the same,and the staff at hyundai had confirmed the same to me(He is a close friend of mine).

Mr.Swadesh
What rocksns,told is partly correct,most hyundai's face this problem.
Its a typical fault in its engine spark plug and injector designing,as the design doesn't suit the physical parameter of our country's climate.
My friend's 2 santro's is having same problem.
Each service he says the same,and the staff at hyundai had confirmed the same to me(He is a close friend of mine).
Ok, But on a contrary I think that, If it's really a Design Issue, Hyundai must have rectified it much before. Hyundai is not a small time firm , It;'s here to stay. But I agree that there might be the issue/problem, as you had stated. Some of the service centers do have performance issues. try some good local stations, as it all depends upon how Good the mechanic is.

It has rectified in the present models after 2013.
My mechanic's advice- while operating the key to ignition don't crank it more than 5 seconds.
If 1st start fails ,do so after 10 seconds,this will not harm the ignition set up as in a self starting scooter.

Mechanism of Push Button start was brought in to improve this fault and to improve fuel economy(The starting procedure by key insert varies from person to person)

Last edited:
Yes we can say.. but i face this problem after one year of purchase n on just 5000 km at morning and in winter no problem but and service centre change battery for this problem. I spent 4000/- . But the problem still same. After this problem i do not advise anyone to buy this car. Go for other brand suzuki is very good option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes we can say.. but i face this problem after one year of purchase n on just 5000 km at morning and in winter no problem but and service centre change battery for this problem. I spent 4000/- . But the problem still same. After this problem i do not advise anyone to buy this car. Go for other brand suzuki is very good option.
From fire to a frying pan or should we say the pasture is always green on the other side ! When the car gets old some parts will become weak.Starter coil or battery can be one of them.Get to check it with different mechanics before giving a verdict.[:)]

Hey bro,
I am facing exactly the same problems with my 2009 i10 magna.
can you pls tell me wat resolution solved your prob.
Please guide me I don't want to get ripped off by the service center.

Hi guys,
I am facing exactly the same problem. Could you please suggest me what to do. It starts normally, but if I stop the engine it doesn't start and gives a weird sound if I try to start. Please help me..

Top Bottom