Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent: Technical Problems & Solutions

I am having a problem of continuous beep sound in my Hyundai Xcent car while running. As soon as car starts running the sound start coming. When car is stopped running sound also stops. Even if seat belts are in wearing position but still sound comes. Doors are also closed properly but still sound remams coming. On dashboard hand break light i.e. exclamation mark light remains ON whereas handbrake paddle is in fully down position. Please suggest what to do to stop this beep sound and OFF the warning light on the dashboard.

Dear All

I have been reading lot of complaints about the i10 clutch becoming sticky, especially, in hill drives or in traffic when one is forced to drive in 1st and 2nd gear along with usage of clutch and brake for a long time.

I face a similar problem with my i10 and was fed up. Even changed the clutch plate and clutch cable. Finally, I found the root cause of the issue...a trivial design problem of i10.

The i10 clutch cable is placed in such a way that it touches the engine. So the clutch cable heats up, especially, in slow drive with very minimal air circulation near the clutch cable. So the cable heats up (you can check it yourself, by touching it) in such driving conditions. When heated the sleeve inside the cable becomes sticky and prevents easily movement of the clutch cable... So, I addressed the issue by putting a good cladding over the cable, especially along the part where it touches the engine. I used a good wire mesh enforced heat resistant rubber tube. I cut it length wise and wound it around the clutch cable.

The problem is solved now...

I hope the manufacturer takes a note of this and will reduce the length of the holding clamp provided on the cable, so that the cable does not touch the engine.

Please go ahead and enjoy driving.

Top Bottom