Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent: Technical Problems & Solutions

My grand i10 petrols exide battery died in just 2.5 years of the car. There was no warning as such like car having issues starting or stuff getting dim etc. One afternoon i drove and parked it in a basement and after 1 hour it just refused to start with lights getting dim and meter not working/doors not locking etc. Had to call someone to get a spare battery and using that started on the first crank. Got battery checked at 2 places and both said 1 cell is dead. Directly went to amaron dealer and got one MF battery for 3500 after buyback. Wondering if the pioneer HU and comp speakers have led to faster degradation as besides that no electric stuff has been added.

My grand i10 petrols exide battery died in just 2.5 years of the car. There was no warning as such like car having issues starting or stuff getting dim etc. One afternoon i drove and parked it in a basement and after 1 hour it just refused to start with lights getting dim and meter not working/doors not locking etc. Had to call someone to get a spare battery and using that started on the first crank. Got battery checked at 2 places and both said 1 cell is dead. Directly went to amaron dealer and got one MF battery for 3500 after buyback. Wondering if the pioneer HU and comp speakers have led to faster degradation as besides that no electric stuff has been added.
That is very strange , do you have Amp and Sub connected to battery ? Our old i10 AMARON OEM battery lasted for 6 years and then we changed it. We bought it used with the OEM battery and ran 2 years with it.

That is very strange , do you have Amp and Sub connected to battery ? Our old i10 AMARON OEM battery lasted for 6 years and then we changed it. We bought it used with the OEM battery and ran 2 years with it.
Nope, only a HU and 2 comp speakers. Thats it. Even i felt disappointed with the quality

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
don't fall for this scam again. there's really no need to change the flywheel this early and even if there's need it can be repaired easily in 300rs on a lathe. hyundai always recommends to change the flywheel at every clutch change. never did this in my santro ( now at 180,000 kms ) , i10 (1,00,000 kms) and the verna ( 60,000 kms)

don't fall for this scam again. there's really no need to change the flywheel this early and even if there's need it can be repaired easily in 300rs on a lathe. hyundai always recommends to change the flywheel at every clutch change. never did this in my santro ( now at 180,000 kms ) , i10 (1,00,000 kms) and the verna ( 60,000 kms)
Can you recommend a good place to do this in delhi or gurgaon? Will keep in mind for future.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
If you have a good local mechanic then get it done from him or else Bosch. I get it done from Bosch mechanic who works in the local car market on his day off from Bosch. Good mechanic plus lower rates than Bosch

Yesterday i was waiting in my Grandi10 for one friend with ignition OFF and blower + music ON. He came after 45 mins. Tried cranking my car and it refused to start. On dashboard, Trip A and Trip B counter were reset to zero. During all this, the blower and music was still running smoothly, i tried rolling windows Up and Down which also were smoothly operating.

At last need to try "Dhakka" (push) start with the help of my friend. The engine roared back to normal. Driven 25 Kms from there to visit one relative. Parked the car their for 2 hours. The car started smoothly later as well.

My car is still running on OEM (Exide 40Ah) battery for 4 years. Is it time to change battery or because of blower the battery drained out?

Can other Grandi10 owners who have changed their battery let me know which brand and power you guys selected?

Yesterday i was waiting in my Grandi10 for one friend with ignition OFF and blower + music ON. He came after 45 mins. Tried cranking my car and it refused to start. On dashboard, Trip A and Trip B counter were reset to zero. During all this, the blower and music was still running smoothly, i tried rolling windows Up and Down which also were smoothly operating.

At last need to try "Dhakka" (push) start with the help of my friend. The engine roared back to normal. Driven 25 Kms from there to visit one relative. Parked the car their for 2 hours. The car started smoothly later as well.

My car is still running on OEM (Exide 40Ah) battery for 4 years. Is it time to change battery or because of blower the battery drained out?

Can other Grandi10 owners who have changed their battery let me know which brand and power you guys selected?

Good to hear that oem battery lasted for 4 years. Hearing first time. Normally oe battery will last close to 2 to 3 years.
I recommend you to check battery in battery shop and you will be coming to conclusion.

Battery will be dead during winter seasons. The cell may die.

I also had similar situation 2 months back, I dropped my daughter to school and took a call with blower on. The car didn't start. I got it jump started it run well for few days.
However when I checked the battery it was completely dead, got replaced to avoid later situations.
Almost 5years for my car its SEPT2013 model.

Good to hear that oem battery lasted for 4 years. Hearing first time. Normally oe battery will last close to 2 to 3 years.
I recommend you to check battery in battery shop and you will be coming to conclusion.

Battery will be dead during winter seasons. The cell may die.
Yes, that will be better to decide. What battery did you replaced in Grand i10. All online poratals shows 35AH while my current battery read 40 AH[confused]

I also had similar situation 2 months back, I dropped my daughter to school and took a call with blower on. The car didn't start. I got it jump started it run well for few days.
However when I checked the battery it was completely dead, got replaced to avoid later situations.
Yes i will do this in this weekend itself. Don't want to take risk somewhere with family on board. I still remember you Grand i10 ownership ( i guess it was first review of Grand i10 on TAI).

Parth, You are lucky to get 5 years from Oe Battery.

Yes, that will be better to decide. What battery did you replaced in Grand i10. All online poratals shows 35AH while my current battery read 40 AH[confused]

Yes i will do this in this weekend itself. Don't want to take risk somewhere with family on board. I still remember you Grand i10 ownership ( i guess it was first review of Grand i10 on TAI).

@ GrandRK - I got Amaron 35AH 2+2 yrs flo battery for my xcent s option petrol 2015 model. I recommend you to get 45ah which is standard for Grand i10/xcent diesel. It will be Rs.1000 extra than 35ah battery.

You can get 40ah battery from dealer, quite costly.

Hi All,

Got 5th Year Extended Warranty last week from HMP chennai, in Navaratri offer for Rs.5500

I had 3 and 4th year EW before, they gave new schemes for 5th Year Extended Warranty - 100K KMS.

There are options to enroll for 100K, 120K, 140K KMS for EW

Top Bottom