Hyundai Grand i10 Review & Pictures: Grand Entrant

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

@maneesh864u: Do you have diesel or petrol grand i10? I have diesel grand and AC is very good, chills in no time. Usually diesel variants have bigger compressor( as diesel engines extra torque can handle the performance drop by bigger ac compressor better)

@nkonamme: yea i hv diesel one. I noticed this cooling problem in jan and the hyundai technician vindicated my fears abt ac cooling.[lol]. I cant understand why did they put eons compressor in grandi10 [frustration]

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Planning to buy a new car. It'll be either grand i10 asta crdi or Swift vdi. But unable to take a final decision.
Heart says Grand i10, but I'm little skeptical about its 3 cylinder engine since it is new and unproven. I'm not talking about performance. Will it be difficult to maintain the car? Will it be durable? Whereas I've absolutely no worries when it comes to Swift diesel. Kindly help.
Take my caution seriously, don't go for Grand i10. It clearly has a design problem perhaps bcoz of too many features. I bought one and now have filed a case with the consumer court. Hope to get my money back.

Haha design problem coz of too many features[clap] haha this is the funniest logic one can give[frustration]

hello guys,
i am confused to make the choice between grand i10 sportz & swift petrol vxi Can anyone clarify the cost of maintenance of grand i10 and the actual mileage it gives up in city?
I am getting the review of costly spare parts and maintenance cost of grand i10 as compared to swift

THanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz

Finally, booked the Hyundai Grand i10 - Sportz variant - at Mukesh Hyundai, Kolkata a couple of weeks back. The delivery is scheduled on Monday afternoon. I had went to the factory shed to do a pre-registration inspection, went off well.
The on road price has come to 549322/-
No discounts offered - the dealer would be providing the mud flaps, floor mats and teflon coating free.

I have seen in other forums that the teflon coating (even if its provided free) should not be availed as it damages the original paint and also comes off after a few months. Any suggestions if this is required? I plan to park the car mostly indoors (garage at home and basement parking at office) and also would be applying wax polish periodically. Although the initial gloss would be there if teflon coating is provided, would it create problems later on?

I had booked a Grand i10 diesel Sports for 5.82 lacs, but after negotiation, I was able to get a diesel asta for 5.98 lacs ex-showroom. In delhi the RTO rules says that for cars under 6 lacs (ex-showroom) the registeration charges would be as follows

Price Upto Rs. 6 Lac - Petrol Cars - 4%, Diesel Cars - 5%
Price between 6 Lac - 10 Lac - Petrol Cars - 7%, Diesel Cars - 8.75%

So now I will have to pay 3.75% less i.e. INR 22500 less.

But the dealer says that in this case, I need to get the registration done myself. Help me if anyone has got registration done in Delhi. Thanks!

Thread Starter #53

350Z

Core Team

I had booked a Grand i10 diesel Sports for 5.82 lacs, but after negotiation, I was able to get a diesel asta for 5.98 lacs ex-showroom. But the dealer says that in this case, I need to get the registration done myself. Help me if anyone has got registration done in Delhi. Thanks!
You didn't negotiate with the dealer, he negotiated with you instead. What's the point of reducing the price when registration has to be done by self? I'd recommend insisting him to get the registration done and include those charges in the decided price. To register the car by self, check this: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...getting-your-car-registered-yourself-rto.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

You didn't negotiate with the dealer, he negotiated with you instead. What's the point of reducing the price when registration has to be done by self? I'd recommend insisting him to get the registration done and include those charges in the decided price. To register the car by self, check this: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...getting-your-car-registered-yourself-rto.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for sharing the link.

I insisted him to register the car, but he said, he will charge the full RTO registration amount of INR 52K, while if I get it done myself, by taking dealer's invoice of INR 5.98 lacs, the RTO will charge only INR 30K, as the price of car would be under INR 6 lacs.

I am planning to visit RTO withing this week, and if the process would seem troublesome [confused], I would settle for a sports model instead of Asta.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Thanks for sharing the link.

I insisted him to register the car, but he said, he will charge the full RTO registration amount of INR 52K, while if I get it done myself, by taking dealer's invoice of INR 5.98 lacs, the RTO will charge only INR 30K, as the price of car would be under INR 6 lacs.

I am planning to visit RTO withing this week, and if the process would seem troublesome [confused], I would settle for a sports model instead of Asta.
Have you seen the updated price list ? What's the cost of the asta variant mentioned?

I got a price list having a blunder from hyundai.

Asta solid color - 5.98 so tax around 30000.
Asta metallic color -6.02 so tax around 60000.

This is nuts.

Re: Riding manner and usage of ORVM's

Hi, I have just joined this interactive forum and it is really nice. I was planning to buy Grand I10 and i was thinking of taking magna instead of sportz model so I am searching for reasons not to go for sportz [;)] ..now it has electrical folding ORVM ..can some one tell me if we can manually open and close the electrically foldable ORVM and secondly if We can close only one of them. I am asking this because if we operate electrically, so I guess it would be affecting both?

Have you seen the updated price list ? What's the cost of the asta variant mentioned?

I got a price list having a blunder from hyundai.

Asta solid color - 5.98 so tax around 30000.
Asta metallic color -6.02 so tax around 60000.

This is nuts.
I totally agree. I have asked my dealer to give me an invoice of under under 6 lacs after adjusting discounts. But the stupid dealer says that even if the invoice value is under 6 lacs, he will still charge the taxes of 58k, to which I refused and then he said that you get the car registered yourself from the RTO and save ~20k. I know its a challenge to visit the RTO [frustration] due to red tapeism, but I will still give a try over the weekend.

And you are refering Apr'14's price list. Current ex showroom prices are:

2nd Gen 1.1 U2 CRDi 5-Speed Manual Asta Solid 604,661
2nd Gen 1.1 U2 CRDi 5-Speed Manual Asta Metallic 608,177

Fingers crossed [surprise][rules]

I am planning to buy grand i10. But I am confused between diesel and petrol.
These days monthly kms covered by car are usually 500kms. But in future they might increase[less probability].
And which model to choose? I prefer manual gearing

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

These days monthly kms covered by car are usually 500kms. But in future they might increase[less probability].
Go for petrol. Why waste money on diesel since your usage is less. I chose verna petrol because my running is 500 kms per month. Per day is around 20kms(approx). One should buy diesel if daily usage is more than 50kms

Go for petrol.......you need to think petrol vs diesel only if your monthlly running is greater than 1000km in your case its no point of looking for deisel

Top Bottom