Hyundai Grand i10 Review & Pictures: Grand Entrant

Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

Agree. In VFM category Hyundai is the best. But hyundai cars are not for the people who love/enjoy driving. Unfortunately this group is very small.

Even in my friend circle all are carzy about hyundai cars except me. If i ask them to look at some other cars from VW, skoda, ford etc. they simply say those cars don't have features, they don't look good. But they never talk about ride quality, handling, suspension, high speed dynamics.

Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

If i ask them to look at some other cars from VW, skoda, ford etc. they simply say those cars don't have features, they don't look good. But they never talk about ride quality, handling, suspension, high speed dynamics.
The USP of Ecosport is its pseudo-SUV image, thanks to its exterior design, raised body and rear-mounted spare wheel and some features, NOT the ride quality, handling, suspension and high speed dynamics.

According to me, its biggest strength is the lack of competition. No doubt, Ecosport is a decent package overall, though compromised at places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Planning to buy a new car. It'll be either grand i10 asta crdi or Swift vdi. But unable to take a final decision.
Heart says Grand i10, but I'm little skeptical about its 3 cylinder engine since it is new and unproven. I'm not talking about performance. Will it be difficult to maintain the car? Will it be durable? Whereas I've absolutely no worries when it comes to Swift diesel. Kindly help.

Wonderful review Vibhor Sir.We are planning to get Grand i10 or Swift as a second car and company for Vento.As per dealer,Grand i10 of all variants have 2 weeks waiting period except Asta(O) has 3 months.

GRAND i10 OWNERSHIP REVIEW

At last got it delivered - Grand i10 Asta(O) petrol. Impressed by the performance and features. Loved driving it all the way from Showroom to Home around 35-40 Kms. Only discomfort i felt was the horn, which is so tight to press and has to take hands of the steering or gear. Very uncomfortable. Driver seat height adjustment does nt feel any big difference to me. Also the cooled glove box and rear ac vents seems to be diverting the exiting air flow and not fresh lines, coz of that there is just a normal cooling effect. Dont ever expect to use your cooled glovebox like a fridge [frustration]. It just send a small stream of cool air. Thats it. Overall very much satisfied. The interiors, the doors, the seats(I have added extra leather seat covers - beige) are all good. Was planning to put up a sub-woofer in the boot, but the battery drain issue compelled me to back off [confused]. But still the music system is pretty good. Good enough bass and volume. Car was delivered to day 02 Jan 2014 only. So will leave the car idle for 4 - 7 days for checking up whether the battery drain issue has been solved. Hyundai India you'd better pray for it to start wen i press the button after 5 days...[confused]

Attachments

Re: My Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) Petrol Ownership Review

Grand i10 looks good but i think thats all about it. Mileage not good. Leg room and head room no good for tall people. Hyundai cars suspensions are not good at all ( had an i20). Have sat in and drove most of the cars of hyundai and found the suspension bad on all, as would feel every bump and pot hole when sitting in them. A weird sound would come when driving pass a pot hole. Hyundai needs to improve its suspension quality on all the vehicles. Accessories in a Hyundai vehicle are very good as compared to all. They have a vast amount of accessories offered for them. Grand i10 has alot of goodies instored but all in all good car but not great. Could have done better if Hyundai pays more attention on the technical features than the accessories.

Grand i10 looks good but i think thats all about it. Mileage not good. Leg room and head room no good for tall people. Hyundai cars suspensions are not good at all ( had an i20). Have sat in and drove most of the cars of hyundai and found the suspension bad on all, as would feel every bump and pot hole when sitting in them. A weird sound would come when driving pass a pot hole. Hyundai needs to improve its suspension quality on all the vehicles. Accessories in a Hyundai vehicle are very good as compared to all. They have a vast amount of accessories offered for them. Grand i10 has alot of goodies instored but all in all good car but not great. Could have done better if Hyundai pays more attention on the technical features than the accessories.
Please dont generalize your Hyundai perceptions to Grand also.
Suspension is good (its far better than i20).
Pothol and bloating feeling is gone in Grand
Lot of Grand owners report decent mileage though not ground breaking its far better than i10 and i20.
Regarding Head room and Leg room>>> Have you test drive car atleast? please do so you may change your assumption

FYI.. I am one of those proud owner of D Grand.

My city mileage (bangalore) with 20% ac hovers around 17
and Highway mileage is 22+

Last edited:
Re: GRAND i10 OWNERSHIP REVIEW

At last got it delivered - Grand i10 Asta(O) petrol. Impressed by the performance and features. Loved driving it all the way from Showroom to Home around 35-40 Kms. Only discomfort i felt was the horn, which is so tight to press and has to take hands of the steering or gear. Very uncomfortable. Driver seat height adjustment does nt feel any big difference to me. Also the cooled glove box and rear ac vents seems to be diverting the exiting air flow and not fresh lines, coz of that there is just a normal cooling effect. Dont ever expect to use your cooled glovebox like a fridge [frustration]. It just send a small stream of cool air. Thats it. Overall very much satisfied. The interiors, the doors, the seats(I have added extra leather seat covers - beige) are all good. Was planning to put up a sub-woofer in the boot, but the battery drain issue compelled me to back off [confused]. But still the music system is pretty good. Good enough bass and volume. Car was delivered to day 02 Jan 2014 only. So will leave the car idle for 4 - 7 days for checking up whether the battery drain issue has been solved. Hyundai India you'd better pray for it to start wen i press the button after 5 days...[confused]
Belated but hearty congrats on your purchase!! The car looks richer and color is superb.

My sincere advice,Please TD grand once.
The ride quality is far far better than any of the cars in its segment. you feel as if its a segment above car in terms of ride wuality and noise insulation. Also handling is better as compared to other Hyundai Cars.

What a shame! I bought a Grand i10 and like most of the customers, am languishing in misery. The car is a total failure. Caution to prospective customers - You buy the Grand at your own peril. I haven't been able to drive the car bcoz of the perennial starting problem. The battery gets drained out in no time. And no response whatsoever from Hyundai! The dealer Express Hyundai Chennai asked me to sell the brand new car off in the second hand market.

What a shame! I bought a Grand i10 and like most of the customers, am languishing in misery. The car is a total failure. Caution to prospective customers - You buy the Grand at your own peril. I haven't been able to drive the car bcoz of the perennial starting problem. The battery gets drained out in no time. And no response whatsoever from Hyundai! The dealer Express Hyundai Chennai asked me to sell the brand new car off in the second hand market.

Have you checked the manufacturing date of your car using the VIN no. All 2014 made cars have the battery drain issue resolved.

Please have that checked besides you can always go the Hyundai India facebook page and put in your comment about that dealer of yours. From what i know Hyundai has an internal dealership rating system, basis of which the dealers get an additional margin (lower the rating of the dealership lower the margin for them) Hyundai is on the look out of such things and will surly assist in cases like these.

AC issues

Anybody noticed the pathetic ac of grand? The ac is so poor that i was literally sweating in car during my recent trip to amritsar and that too in feb. When i enquired hyundai technician he said candidly that it has the same compressor as that of eon so dnt expect great cooling as grands interior space is way more than eon. I said i am not expecting gr8 but atleast not pathetic. I am sure one cant travel with its ac during may-june months. Its the worst ac i have experienced in any car. Kudos hyundai for duping the customers.

Top Bottom