Hyundai Grand i10 Review & Pictures: Grand Entrant

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

This is really an informative review! Hyundai is now racing fast behind Maruti in terms of Auto sales market, I do hope after someday it will be the stood at first row of the line. But, I was wandering about discontinuation of the previous i10 1.2 kappa2 as I have bought this just before rumors about Grand i10 has come up (In the month of March 2013)! Anyway, I love my old i10 1.2 Sportz....

Thread Starter #17

350Z

Core Team

Grand i10 again made it to top-five hot selling cars previous month (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...8-november-2013-sales-figures-cars-india.html). Sharing an excerpt from the official press release:
Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL), the country’s largest exporter and the second-largest car manufacturer, has received an overwhelming response of its newly launched model ‘Grand’ as it enters the charts of top 5 selling car brands in India. Over 33,000 units have already been delivered to happy customers across India in just 90 days of its national launch in September 2013.

Post the launch of Grand in the Indian market, Hyundai has experienced over 124,000 footfalls at dealerships across all regions and most dealerships are recording multiple enquires and test drive requests. Over 165,000 test drives has been facilitated to customers across India. Grand has generated high interest level amidst the younger generation in metros as well as Tier II cities.

Rakesh Srivastava, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing- HMIL expressed, “We appreciate and thank our customers for showing strong confidence in brand Hyundai and making Grand a huge success in India. Grand has created a benchmark in quality, features and technology offering higher value proposition in such a short span of time. We are committed and continuously working on the operational efficiencies to cater to the demand to reduce the waiting period.”
Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice review Vibhor, my impressions

1. You could have used a RED colored car for the review as this silver looks bit pale to me
2. The 3 cylinder engine, how did it behaved on highway
3. The boot release button is not seen near the fuel lid button

Grand i10 is declared car of the year in a ceremony sponsored by JK Tyres. Well deserved - congratulations to owners and Hyundai!

Hyundai Motor India Ltd, the country’s second largest car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter has won the most coveted Indian Car of the Year 2014 (ICOTY) award for the newly launched Grand. Grand has created a new benchmark in terms of quality, features and technology offering higher value proposition to Indian customers.

Hyundai Grand has earned the country's highest automotive award in the most competitive and rapidly growing automobile Indian market. The ICOTY award has been instituted by the most eminent jury of Sr. Editors of all the prominent automotive publications in the country like Top Gear, Auto India, Motoring, Car India, Overdrive, Auto Bild, AutoX, Hindu Business Line and EVO.

On receiving the award, B S Seo, Managing Director & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd, said, “We are honored to win the most prestigious automotive award - The Indian car of the Year 2014. The Grand is a world-class product developed for the Indian market and winning the ICOTY 2014 marks its phenomenal success. The ICOTY 2014 symbolizes Hyundai’s commitment to Indian customers by offering high standards of quality, durability and reliability. Grand has consolidated Hyundai’s its position as a trendsetter and leader in the premium compact car segment. We are humbled by the overwhelming response and appreciation Grand has received by the customers, media and jurors. We thanks our customers for making Hyundai Grand a grand success.”
Congratulating the winning car, Mr. Girish Karkera, Editor, BBC TopGear India & Chairman of the jury, Indian Car of the Year 2014 said, “Nowadays manufacturers are getting so competitive with making cars that it gets very difficult to choose one car over the other. The differences are sometime almost negligible and with our kind of fair voting system the verdict can go either way. Indian Car of the Year title is a respected one and I am happy to see a car as good as the Grand i10 now wearing the crown. In our collective votes it has come out on top as a wholesome product with that added flair that has tilted the verdict in its favour.”
Hyundai-i10-Grand-ICOTY (1).jpg

Hyundai-i10-Grand-ICOTY (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

Grand i10 wins indian car of the year, cruel joke that.
Those who own ecosport are not even 10%of those who hates it, because, ecosport made more people to wait and make them hate it and thats the fate caused many votes to go towards the other cars,

One who owns and loves his car knows and drives the best car in the world

I give full credit to Hyundai this time, ecosport is a better car than grand i10 in a lot of ways but still it showed a few of it's American roots, poor quality plastics and the false statements from FIPL that lot of stock to meet demand,just made the situation in favour of Hyundai,also the new grand I10 looks very modern and has much more euro presence to it rather than typical Korean design,looks smart,has lot of space,plastics that looks and feels better than ecosprt and finally Hyundai has worked on dynamics front of car ad well,it's not super boring to drive like Verna etc,
Autocar India,overdrive,etc haven't given their awards out and ecosport will win more than 15 awards this year, that's sure but crucially if it can overtake dusters 29 awards no need for it to be ICOTY

Grand i10 wins indian car of the year, cruel joke that.
Those who own ecosport are not even 10%of those who hates it, because, ecosport made more people to wait and make them hate it and thats the fate caused many votes to go towards the other cars,

One who owns and loves his car knows and drives the best car in the world
Worth a look !

ES.png

i10.png
source: Link 1, link 2

Grand i10 is a very well rounded package and it even bests i20 in terms of practicality. Ecosport is a good vehicle in its niche (urban suv), but not without niggles and compromises. So if one is looking for a VFM package and don't value the higher GC and higher seating, grand i10 is the choice. Hyundai nailed it!

If you look at the comments section for this video on Youtube,you would find that Europeans simply dislike Ecosport's design,after which we are all salivating.Worth noting that they call the spare wheel attached to bootlid as 'ugly'.Also they have more choice in the form of cars like the Juke and the Captur,which offers them better interior quality and more choice of engines. The Grand i10 is a no nonsense cars which has good interiors,decent looks,a nice ride,refined and economical engines and segment beating equipment,the cherry on top is the pricing which makes it a good value for money.
P.S.-Noticed that the Grand i10 sold there comes with DRLs,wonder when we will see them here[:)].

Grand i10 is a very well rounded package and it even bests i20 in terms of practicality. Ecosport is a good vehicle in its niche (urban suv), but not without niggles and compromises. So if one is looking for a VFM package and don't value the higher GC and higher seating, grand i10 is the choice. Hyundai nailed it!
No matter how many awards you give to Grand i10, the fact will remain that it is a severely under powered short breath car and only matches cars a segment (or half segment) below.
This has been mentioned out loudly in every single review. How can you justify it as a COTY?
And in today's India, Higher GC is not about value , it is a cruel reality and a basic requirement. We as people can not force governments to build road. But we can certainly buy the vehicle to suit our roads.

No matter how many awards you give to Grand i10, the fact will remain that it is a severely under powered short breath car and only matches cars a segment (or half segment) below.
This has been mentioned out loudly in every single review. How can you justify it as a COTY?
And in today's India, Higher GC is not about value , it is a cruel reality and a basic requirement. We as people can not force governments to build road. But we can certainly buy the vehicle to suit our roads.
I think you are talking about the diesel engine which at 71bhp, 3 cylinder diesel which is bit sluggish. But the petrol (kappa) engine has slightly better bhp/ton vs ecosport and has been a good performer. Of course the cars are not from the same segment and bad roads need vehicles like ecosport. But when we consider the all round package, grand i10 is definitely a better VFM, and note - Hyundai did a commendable job in managing demand and delivering the car to customer without complaints- compared to Ford which blundered in every way.

In terms of pure value nothing can really match hyundai,even maruti can't match Hyundai, in all segments of cars and suvs Hyundai is the best value, outside India Kia motors the sister brand of Hyundai is king of value, here itself the elantra is best value among c cars,b+ cars grand i10,suv Hyundai Santa fe so in all segments Hyundai is unmatched in terms of value,but grand i10 just brought in some European flare in addition to value,that just makesit a kkiller package, still I find ecosport a better car to own personally if only it had a lot bit better fit and finish

Top Bottom