Hyundai Grand i10 Audio System Query

i have booked 2017 Grand i10 Magna petrol
i want to put a good ICE setup
My budget is Rs25000 inclusive of labour and wiring
i have choosen:
HU pionner Avh 199 Rs.12200
Front speakers hertz DSK 165.3 components Rs.5372
rear speakers i need ur help.want in price range of Rs 3000

if any suggestions to front components speakers are also welcome.

I'm not certain about those specific models, but the Rockford speakers I played with previously worked well when an amp was in use.

I haven't purchased a stereo system for a while now, so not sure if my brand/model recommendations would be 100% on the ball. However, I'd suggest you do some research on the basis of specs, not brand. Consider the power handling (RMS is more important than Peak) and consumer reviews. Make sure you verify compatibility (Resistance in Ohms) of your parts, too. There's a lot of valuable discussion on stereos around this forum, so you could search around for advice/information. Finally, if you'd like to cover your bases before purchase, you could ask for a demo from an installer.
hi i am from Goa, on 4th April 2017 i booked 2017 Grand i10 magna petrol sleek silver.

i want help in choosing stereo system and speakers
i have budget of 25k inclusive of wiring and other costs.
i have shortlisted following HU and speakers
HU PIONEER AVH-199 Rs.12200 on amazon
Front speakers Hertz - DSK 165.3 2 Way Component System Rs.5372 on snapdeal
Rear speakers m looking for coaxial please suggest me in range of 3k
and also please suggest any other components in that range

i have booked 2017 Grand i10 Magna petrol
i want to put a good ICE setup
My budget is Rs25000 inclusive of labour and wiring
i have choosen:
HU pionner Avh 199 Rs.12200
Front speakers hertz DSK 165.3 components Rs.5372
rear speakers i need ur help.want in price range of Rs 3000

if any suggestions to front components speakers are also welcome.
Hi Congrats on the purchase!!!
My Suggestion
1. Don't go for pioneer HU if you really want quality sound. Same price you can go for Blaupunkt San Marino 330. The later doesn't have DVD player but have great sound quality and better upgrade option as compared to Pioneer and includes Bluetooth too.
2. Make sure you audition the speakers. Please consider JBL components too... They have better bass [if you are a bass lover].
3. Instead of going for a speakers in door please go for 6x9 speakers from JBL. That will complete your car audio needs.

Again please audition the speakers before getting installed and ask the installer to suggest different speaker options.
If you are in bangalore... Go to Evo... They are the best in terms of audio installation and share genuine suggestion without thinking of their profit.

Hi Congrats on the purchase!!!
My Suggestion
1. Don't go for pioneer HU if you really want quality sound. Same price you can go for Blaupunkt San Marino 330. The later doesn't have DVD player but have great sound quality and better upgrade option as compared to Pioneer and includes Bluetooth too.
2. Make sure you audition the speakers. Please consider JBL components too... They have better bass [if you are a bass lover].
3. Instead of going for a speakers in door please go for 6x9 speakers from JBL. That will complete your car audio needs.

Again please audition the speakers before getting installed and ask the installer to suggest different speaker options.
If you are in bangalore... Go to Evo... They are the best in terms of audio installation and share genuine suggestion without thinking of their profit.
thank you so much
i baught blaupunkt 66.2 coaxial speakers for rear door. cost Rs1450
i got hertz components for Rs.4850 with more 10% discount

Guys, I finally got the Pioneer AVH-X8890BT installed in my car. Below is the pic of the HU before and after..
I own a Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz model (2016) .
I have removed the company fitted stereo and replaced it with Pioneer AVH-Z2090BT.

I want to know the correct wire (color) for the dimmer/illumination in Grand i10, which I can connect with the Pioneer Stereo to make the dimmer settings work.
Pls help me.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Read through the entire thread of ICE for Grand i10.
I have a pretty unique requirement and need your valuable advice on it.
I have a Grand i10 Magna (model 2015) which came with a 1DIN Sony Xplod system. I checked on OLX where someone was selling their OEM system from Asta, I bought it and installed it myself, which is working perfectly fine.
I had inquired in Hyundai service center about the OEM system and they had quoted about 1Lakh for the system and to change the entire wiring Harness (as Magna does not come with ICE harness, which was not true).

My requirement now is to install Steering mounted controls. I'm planning to purchase the below items Switch panel and its wiring.

Switch Assembly: SWITCH ASSY-REMOCON: Hyundai / Kia 96700B4200RY -compatibility, features, prices. boodmo

Extension Wiring: EXTENSION WIRE: Hyundai / Kia 56190B4030 -compatibility, features, prices. boodmo

Where can I get them fixed so that it can work with the OEM system, this time I don't want to goto the Hyundai service center as they would not be of any help like last time.
I'm from Bangalore, checking if I can goto Glamour Car Accessories or Top Gear in Koramangala or any other place.

Thanks for your response.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Read through the entire thread of ICE for Grand i10.
I have a pretty unique requirement and need your valuable advice on it.
I have a Grand i10 Magna (model 2015) which came with a 1DIN Sony Xplod system. I checked on OLX where someone was selling their OEM system from Asta, I bought it and installed it myself, which is working perfectly fine.
I had inquired in Hyundai service center about the OEM system and they had quoted about 1Lakh for the system and to change the entire wiring Harness (as Magna does not come with ICE harness, which was not true).

My requirement now is to install Steering mounted controls. I'm planning to purchase the below items Switch panel and its wiring.

Switch Assembly: SWITCH ASSY-REMOCON: Hyundai / Kia 96700B4200RY -compatibility, features, prices. boodmo

Extension Wiring: EXTENSION WIRE: Hyundai / Kia 56190B4030 -compatibility, features, prices. boodmo

Where can I get them fixed so that it can work with the OEM system, this time I don't want to goto the Hyundai service center as they would not be of any help like last time.
I'm from Bangalore, checking if I can goto Glamour Car Accessories or Top Gear in Koramangala or any other place.

Thanks for your response.
1 Lakh for the system and to change the entire wiring [anger][evil] First go to any car accessory shop and ask them if they can fit or not after confirmation you can purchase these Steering mounted controls & wirings.

I have successfully installed the steering audio controls on my Grand i10 (2015 - Magna Variant). they work perfectly fine. I did the installation myself, went through the wiring and a few videos of other cars. It took sometime to gather the right components, but the project was successful. Installed the factory audio system first then installed the steering audio controls.

Attachments

Hi @mtaher13
I have a 2013 Grand i10 Magna. I have been trying to get this OEM steering controls. As you said, the service centre quoted me 1L+.
Now I have installed Sony XAV AX5000 system which works fine. It uses a 2.5mm[or 3.5mm] audio jack kind of pin for the steering control input.
Do you think one would be required to get a steering wheel controller for this if I'm going to DIY the OEM controls?

I have successfully installed the steering audio controls on my Grand i10 (2015 - Magna Variant). they work perfectly fine. I did the installation myself, went through the wiring and a few videos of other cars. It took sometime to gather the right components, but the project was successful. Installed the factory audio system first then installed the steering audio controls.
I have same 2015 magna model. I want to know the complete parts used. Since this model has no airbags did you change the clock spring also?

Top Bottom