Hyundai Grand i10 Audio System Query

please post more pics
Hello Phukan, I haven't taken any pics of the installation (except one just for memories). I will post more pics in coming days.

I am still trying to find my way around the new HU. It ha so many settings and features that I feel like I stepped into a different planet altogether. But the boon is a sleek and user-friendly interface. I will say that the sound quality has improved A LOT as compared to the stock HU. The stock speakers feel like they have sprung back to life all of a sudden. No one is going to believe me that the speakers are just stock after they listen to the high quality sound effects. This new HU does cost a little on the higher side. But its worth every rupee for the sound quality and audio clarity it produces. It's a whole new experience of listening music in my car. I will not hesitate to take my car out even if it means driving just about 200 meters to the barbers shop just so that I get an excuse to switch on my new Pioneer HU.. [lol]

I am thinking of creating a separate thread on my complete car audio upgrade plan which will help not just be me but hopefully countless other people on upgrading their car audio.

Hey,
Sorry for the delayed response. Was out of India.....
I asked one of the car audio guys about it. He said it is possible but will involve some small change to the circuitry. Have you already tried this in the past and it did not work out as planned?
I am not sure how to do it. But it seems its possible with some tweak. never tried it as HU upgrade is still in my wishlist.

Do you have any recommendations on where I can get the HU installed?
I will recommend you to go to EVO. Ask for satya to recommend the upgrades for your car. He listens to you pretty well and decides on the upgrades depending on your Music taste and wishes. If Ulsoor is far for you then you can go to Kormangla [Glamour Car Accessories]. I have not been to this place but heard some good things about it. But they are a bit expensive and try to lure money out of you so be careful.
I haven't yet decided to change the speakers but this is in my To-Do list for 2017.
Ask me if you need any help on speakers.

Thanks a lot anishmvj for the detailed inputs. I can see how helpful this decision of me being part of TAI is already proving to be. I own a grand i10 Asta.

I asked one of the car audio guys about it. He said it is possible but will involve some small change to the circuitry. Have you already tried this in the past and it did not work out as planned?

I believe the AVH-X8890BT is one of the newer models launched by Pioneer at the beginning of the year. I haven't looked into the AVIC-F70BT myself but the one I mentioned also has Apple Car Play and Andriod Auto too. Do you have any recommendations on where I can get the HU installed?

I completely agree. I haven't yet decided to change the speakers but this is in my To-Do list for 2017.
Guys, I finally got the Pioneer AVH-X8890BT installed in my car. Below is the pic of the HU before and after..
Looks fantastic !!! Did you got the USB/AUX port working near to the charging point? you had to go for dashboard fascia from magna right? How much did it cost with fitting? Where did you got it done?

Last edited:
Looks fantastic !!! Did you got the USB/AUX port working near to the charging point? you had to go for dashboard fascia from magna right? How much did it cost with fitting? Where did you got it done?
Thanks anishmv! I got it installed from Top Gear, Koramangala. Anwar's shop, most believe this is one of the best places for anything Car Audio in Bangalore. I did not even think anywhere else as I got all the installation done with the help of another member from another forum who has some sort of a tie-up with Anwar who owns the shop.

Yes, dashboard fascia does not fully match the original one but its not a deal breaker. Looks ok in my car as its not that much noticable unless someones inspects it carefully. They also got the steering controls to work. They said the USB/AUX port in the existing setup will not work and needs a little modification. I got that done too today and it is working perfectly fine. Below is the breakdown of the costs:

The HU was sourced by the other guy directly from 'Konark Car Accessories' with bill. This is one of the official dealers of Pioneer car products in Karnataka.

Pioneer AVH-X8890BT - Rs. 35,500 (with bill and 2 year warranty)
Origial Hyundai fascia + some other thing which I forgot - Rs 2,500
Installation charges - Rs. 500
USB/Aux fixing - Rs. 900 (did separately)

The only challenge I am currently facing is that I am not able to get the Android Auto to work. I unfortunately did not have my USB cable to test it there. Still not able to figure out what I am not doing right.

Ask me if you need any help on speakers.
Yes, I will need help on the speakers, amplifiers and woofer. Absolutely no clue about what to do. Not an urgent requirement. Something for me to explore in 2017. My priority right now is to get the Android Auto to work. Going literally nuts about it.

I am thinking of starting a separate thread on my grand plans of upgrading my car audio. I'll be honest. From the time I have got the new HU installed few days back, I am feeling the need to change those dull and boring stock speakers too.

Last edited:
Yes, I will need help on the speakers, amplifiers and woofer. Absolutely no clue about what to do. Not an urgent requirement. Something for me to explore in 2017. My priority right now is to get the Android Auto to work. Going literally nuts about it.
Sure will help you out on speakers. PM me once you need it. Regarding Android Auto, you will have to download Android Auto Application on your phone first[Link]. Load the application and install all updates from play store. Then keep the android auto running on the phone and connect the USB cable. For more issues and troubleshooting follow this link

@icecoldsipra
Did you solve the android auto on your pioneer?
Yup! Got it fixed the very next day. The HU has 2 USB connections. I went through the manual and it clearly said that for Android Auto to work, the Android phone needs to be connected to USB2. USB1 is for iPhone. I went back to the shop and got it changed to USB2. And now, its working great!

Hello everyone,

Iam new to this portal and this is my 1st query. Really looking forward for suggestions from all experts on improving the SQ on my grand i10 sportz. I like good punchy tight bass(that fills the entire car. Not like boom boom as heard on some cheap subwoofers) and nice clear highs. But the factory fitted system is just average.
I do not plan to replace the HU as i like the look and feel of it and so was planning to go for good speakers in all 4 doors and a 4 channel amp. Budget is not a constraint but i would like suggestions for 2 price ranges : 1 : 40-60k; 2 : 20-30k (i know that's a weird range as lot might change with that price gap. Please pardon me for being so silly).
I am interested in Rockford Fosgate Punch P165-SE for front doors and Punch P1650 for rear doors with some good 4 channel amp.
Please suggest if these speakers and amp (would need suggestions on which one to go for) would be good for my requirement?
Also :
1. where is the amp placed in the car?
2. Can the tweeter for component speaker be installed on either A pillars instead of the doors?

Any other speaker/amps are also most welcome and appreciated as all I want is immersive and great sound quality.
Type of music generally played : Nothing specific. I listen to everything from Bhajans/Ghazals to rock with some extra liking for bass [:)]

Hello everyone,

Iam new to this portal and this is my 1st query. Really looking forward for suggestions from all experts on improving the SQ on my grand i10 sportz. I like good punchy tight bass(that fills the entire car. Not like boom boom as heard on some cheap subwoofers) and nice clear highs. But the factory fitted system is just average.
I do not plan to replace the HU as i like the look and feel of it and so was planning to go for good speakers in all 4 doors and a 4 channel amp. Budget is not a constraint but i would like suggestions for 2 price ranges : 1 : 40-60k; 2 : 20-30k (i know that's a weird range as lot might change with that price gap. Please pardon me for being so silly).
I am interested in Rockford Fosgate Punch P165-SE for front doors and Punch P1650 for rear doors with some good 4 channel amp.
Please suggest if these speakers and amp (would need suggestions on which one to go for) would be good for my requirement?
Also :
1. where is the amp placed in the car?
2. Can the tweeter for component speaker be installed on either A pillars instead of the doors?

Any other speaker/amps are also most welcome and appreciated as all I want is immersive and great sound quality.
Type of music generally played : Nothing specific. I listen to everything from Bhajans/Ghazals to rock with some extra liking for bass [:)]
Sounds like a good setup in the making!

The amp can be placed anywhere, really, as long as you can get all wiring there safely. Some people like to hide it under panels/carpet while others like it in the open for access/showing-off. It's largely dependent on the size/layout of the amp and personal preference.

I'd actually concur that the tweeter would be better installed that way (on the A pillar). Just snake the wiring from the main speaker through the conduit (where the rest of the door wiring passes to the frame), then up the A-Pillar. You may need to drill holes for the tweeter mounting bracket and/or wires, though.

Thanks for the response Viru!!

What about the speakers and amp? How are the Rockford fosgate speakers that I mentioned above? Also, please suggest which amp will be good and any other speakers that I should consider

Thanks for the response Viru!!

What about the speakers and amp? How are the Rockford fosgate speakers that I mentioned above? Also, please suggest which amp will be good and any other speakers that I should consider
I'm not certain about those specific models, but the Rockford speakers I played with previously worked well when an amp was in use.

I haven't purchased a stereo system for a while now, so not sure if my brand/model recommendations would be 100% on the ball. However, I'd suggest you do some research on the basis of specs, not brand. Consider the power handling (RMS is more important than Peak) and consumer reviews. Make sure you verify compatibility (Resistance in Ohms) of your parts, too. There's a lot of valuable discussion on stereos around this forum, so you could search around for advice/information. Finally, if you'd like to cover your bases before purchase, you could ask for a demo from an installer.

Top Bottom