Hyundai Fluidic Verna Road Test Drive Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Octy will come in elantra price band and not the verna , as its a Laura replacement .
Hmm, but Octy was earlier competing with Corolla & Civic & still people consider it to be C+ segment car. Skoda wanted to launch Octy at higher priced, hence they named it Laura to justify price hike. I doubt how many people now will buy Octy for Elantra price when you have better option of VW Jetta. But in such case, I don't see any immediate threat to Verna then.

Hi Guys,

My name is Manish, am new here. I have booked the Fluidic Verna sx vtvt model in carbon grey shade.Will be getting it within the next 10-12days.

I am interested to upgrade the ICE of the verna. I am not interested in a sub, i don't like the boom booms, i listen to soft romantic songs,jazz, acoustic, country. So i am more interested in the clarity rather than the boom booms.

So i want you guys to suggest me which setup should i go for with the current HU. Which amplifier would be the best for me to get the best musical experience and should i upgrade the car's speakers or not and if yes which ones should i upgrade???

My Budget is 12-15k.

Waiting for your replies.

Hi Guys
I did two trips to Chennai from Coimbatore. The first one was on 17th June. We 3 people started from Coimbatore by 8 pm and reached Chennai by 3.30 am of 18th . Drove like mad at speeds above 120 upto 160 in certain places racing with various cars to stay awake during the night driving (adrenalin is good for night driving). Slept in a hotel for just 4 hrs and ran to finish the work and started back to Coimbatore by 2 pm and reached home by 9.30 pm of 18th. On the way back raced with a few Innovas and Ventos (poor guys, lost miserably) and another Verna from Karnataka. Two vernas going at speeds of 150 and 160 - loved it. After reaching home by 10 pm checked the mileage it was 13.7 Kmpl. I had fuelled twice on the route and I remember it was for around Rs 4000. All consumed by the beauty's 1.6 CRDi.

On 24th I had to do the same trip for the same work with the same 3 people including me. This time I decided to check the mileage for the sake of it. Started from Coimbatore by 2 pm. I reset almost all readings by long pressing the trip button. Already had 3 bars of fuel. Filled the tank at TVS bunk for Rs.1810. Drove below 100 kmph and strictly no racing even if prompted. Reached Chennai by 11.15 pm (had dinner at Vellore and one or two piss stops). The FE showed 24 point something and the tank was still half full. Slept in a Hotel and finished work on 25th and started back to Coimbatore by 7 pm. Got very curious about the mileage and decided to test what Verna could offer. Learnt some tricks to get good FE, accelerate to the desired speed then while watching the instant FE bar release the right foot a bit and hold like stone. The bar will show full 30 kmph, hold it as long as possible, also use the Eco mode so that you will be prompted for down or up shifts. Filled Diesel for Rs 500 near Ambur and drove within 80 to 100 kmph, always having eye on the instant FE bar and tried to keep it at its maximum. Reached home by 3.35 am of 26th (had dinner at Vellore and one or two piss stops). You know what I got? Look for yourself in the images

Attachments

Congrats on the new car. But one thing...Do you reset the mileage indicator at every fill? or on a start of a long trip?

If you dont reset it, it will take all the messed up city average into highway average and it shows less. Reset and drive for a few miles without AC, then check the difference. After reseting, dont keep reseting until the next fill(highway use only).

Thanks Viccky
Hi Viccky,
Sorry for the late reply. The mileage indicator gets reset automatically after every tank full. Is this normal or not? Still the mileage in city is 10-11 kmpl. Not happy... :(

Regards,
- raj

Hi Viccky,
Sorry for the late reply. The mileage indicator gets reset automatically after every tank full. Is this normal or not? Still the mileage in city is 10-11 kmpl. Not happy... :(

Regards,
- raj
Please try to clean air filter every 15 days.never exceed 2000 rpm.fill fuel in early morning.this techniques helps in getting improved FE.tried myself.

Please try to clean air filter every 15 days.never exceed 2000 rpm.fill fuel in early morning.this techniques helps in getting improved FE.tried myself.
Thanks Sagar.[:)] I very rarely go above 2000 rpm and 95% of time i fill up early in mornnig while on the way to work. Can you please help on how to clean the air filter?

Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6sx vtvt - My korean beauty

NEWS: Hyundai has given The New Fluidic Verna some exterior touch-ups[clap]. the new verna now comes with :
1.10-spoke body colored(lipped) alloys.
2. new rear badges.
3. new keys(i20'ish).
The sales person said this will be the new verna with little touch ups and Hyundai haven't managed tuning or doing any changes to interior or the suspension setup.[frustration]
check out the pictures to get a clear view.

Attachments

no Himalayan3009. my car(white) just arrived today and I did my pdi today. I composed a new ownership thread but my topic is pending as I have just penned down pdi story and some pictures. I will complete the thread with complete ownership and then it will be posted.This grey Verna was along with mine.My Verna is the one without these new stuffs. I personally prefer the old to new as the alloys are not that great IMO and the keys too were more of i20'ish, but the rear was neat .[:)]

Hi Pradeep_wheelz,

Is your car came with all these changes you have mentioned?when can we expect your ownership thread [:D]
I will book vrna 1.4 vtvt tomorrow.Getting some good deals in pune.Tyring to figure out which is the best [clap].It will take atleast 20 days to get car delivered once booked.

No Sagar mine is without the changes.[:)] The sales executive told me that this change will be for diesels only; the cost cutting is evident as the spare wheel is not an alloy wheel . 1.4 is a good one you get a decent f.e and Verna's killer looks. As for the deals are concerned , get extended warranty done instead of cash offers of low amounts. The dealer gets a margin in insurance too so tell them insurance quoted outside is far less and you will be taking their insurance if they get the best quote.Enquire insurance companies for quotes.

Hi Pradeep

Yes I will get it 1 yr extended warranty(by default they give) so total 3 yrs.I will check if 4 yrs(like honda) warranty is there today! Regarding insurance I got 0% depreciation policy from them.I showed them quote from other insurance provider just to get my discount from them in that policy and they agreed!!

I have maximum possible discount now from them after comparing deals with at least 4 dealers here in pune one after the other (have some great negotiation skills which came handy here) and it has really helped in snatching a best out of the best deal.Why not afterall its our hard earned money!!
just to put in short
I got in all total 51k(20k associate corporate discount + rest from showroom without any loyalty or exchange bonus) cash discount!! [clap] 8 lac on road is final[:D]

Last edited:
Hi Guys
I did two trips to Chennai from Coimbatore. The first one was on 17th June. We 3 people started from Coimbatore by 8 pm and reached Chennai by 3.30 am of 18th . Drove like mad at speeds above 120 upto 160 in certain places racing with various cars to stay awake during the night driving (adrenalin is good for night driving). Slept in a hotel for just 4 hrs and ran to finish the work and started back to Coimbatore by 2 pm and reached home by 9.30 pm of 18th. On the way back raced with a few Innovas and Ventos (poor guys, lost miserably) and another Verna from Karnataka. Two vernas going at speeds of 150 and 160 - loved it. After reaching home by 10 pm checked the mileage it was 13.7 Kmpl. I had fuelled twice on the route and I remember it was for around Rs 4000. All consumed by the beauty's 1.6 CRDi.

On 24th I had to do the same trip for the same work with the same 3 people including me. This time I decided to check the mileage for the sake of it. Started from Coimbatore by 2 pm. I reset almost all readings by long pressing the trip button. Already had 3 bars of fuel. Filled the tank at TVS bunk for Rs.1810. Drove below 100 kmph and strictly no racing even if prompted. Reached Chennai by 11.15 pm (had dinner at Vellore and one or two piss stops). The FE showed 24 point something and the tank was still half full. Slept in a Hotel and finished work on 25th and started back to Coimbatore by 7 pm. Got very curious about the mileage and decided to test what Verna could offer. Learnt some tricks to get good FE, accelerate to the desired speed then while watching the instant FE bar release the right foot a bit and hold like stone. The bar will show full 30 kmph, hold it as long as possible, also use the Eco mode so that you will be prompted for down or up shifts. Filled Diesel for Rs 500 near Ambur and drove within 80 to 100 kmph, always having eye on the instant FE bar and tried to keep it at its maximum. Reached home by 3.35 am of 26th (had dinner at Vellore and one or two piss stops). You know what I got? Look for yourself in the images
Glad to hear that but verna can give even more than that. Right now I don't have fluidic verna but owned before (few months ago). Its a matter of fuel quality. I don't know what is the quality difference b/w TN and KA. I full tanked on TN and drove to Bangalore. Verna gave only 25 kmpl. Next trip from Bangalore to Nagercoil. I full tanked on a HP bunk in Bangalore and drove @ 80-100 kmph. It gave 35 kmpl. Can you believe it but it is [:D]. If you get a chance try to full tank on Bangalore and see the mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom