Hyundai Fluidic Verna Clutch Problem

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2012 Fluidic Verna diesel which has 17K on the odo, Recently i happened to noticed a strange sound while releasing my clutch, Starting in first gear from a dead stop on an uphill i hear a grinding sound when i release the clutch, this happens in second gear as well when the momentum is low at speed breakers, but it does run smoothly when i gain a bit of momentum or when i start on a plain road.
Can someone help me understand what can be the root cause for it and how serious this issue is.

thanks,

- Is it only the noise or only raise in engine rpm without increase in acceleration?
- Try down-shifting from higher gear and accelerate, if you could notice the above phenomena, it's CLUTCH WEAR.

If so, it is premature failure (considering your mileage) What is your driving pattern?
- City : Highway ratio?
- Clutch usage frequency?
- Foot-on-pedal driving?
- Any performance mod on engine?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I have a 2012 petrol verna , 18k on odo. I used to get the same screeching / grinding noise whenever i released the clutch.

I visited the sc and they said they will try clutch bleeding first but they weren't doing it under warranty so i didn't ask them to do anything.

Just like you it used to come and go but now the noise hasn't come since 5-6 months and clutch is smooth. No problems whatsoever.

For a temporary solution, i used to accelerate in 2nd gear till 5k rpm.

Anyways , go to the sc if you want a second opinion or leave it like i did.

Thread Starter #4
Its Just the noise, i don't see and any raise in engine rpm without acceleration,

- City : Highway ratio - 60 : 40
- Clutch usage frequency - Normal
- Foot-on-pedal driving - nope, i would make sure to remove my foot from pedal always
- Any performance mod on engine - none yet.

I only hear this grinding noise when my moment is low for the appropriate gear apart from this everything seems to be fine.

Thread Starter #8
sir
does it give a thud feedback when released ?
are sure that the rpm for that gear is adequate?
it doesn't give a Thud Feedback, all i find is grinding noise,
i did visit SC and they say its normal, but if that's normal it has be there from beginning.
this grinding sound only comes when the rpm is little low than required, if i increase the rpm and release the clutch i don't find any noise.
Planning to visit another SC.

I happen to own a 2013 model Verna Fluidic SX Version and i too face some problem with the clutch. I was driving on a rainy day and after an hour or so i couldn't press the clutch pedal at all. It was very stiff. Then i happen to call one of my friend who told me to pump the clutch pedal several times and after 5 minutes it was smooth again. Is it a common problem for all the vehicles or did anyone else encounter the same problem with any other car ?

Regards

Hi All,

I have a 2012 Fluidic Verna diesel which has 17K on the odo, Recently i happened to noticed a strange sound while releasing my clutch, Starting in first gear from a dead stop on an uphill i hear a grinding sound when i release the clutch, this happens in second gear as well when the momentum is low at speed breakers, but it does run smoothly when i gain a bit of momentum or when i start on a plain road.
Can someone help me understand what can be the root cause for it and how serious this issue is.

thanks,
Hi CommonRail...did you identify the issue and get it fixed? I am facing a similar issue with CRDI 2013 Verna. Service center folks tell me its normal but fact is i encountered this problem after 2 years of buying the vehicle.

Please let me know if you were able to identify the source of noise.

My car, 2014 fluidic Verna 14K, has similar issue. When releasing clutch especially in 2nd gear, I can hear slippage sound. The ASS are saying it's normal. I know clutch will fail soon and don't want to argue with these dumb service people at Hyundai.my car still under warranty.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My car, 2014 fluidic Verna 14K, has similar issue. When releasing clutch especially in 2nd gear, I can hear slippage sound. The ASS are saying it's normal. I know clutch will fail soon and don't want to argue with these dumb service people at Hyundai.my car still under warranty.
if the clutch fails it won't be covered under warranty but if the master cylinder fails it will be covered.

like i mentioned before the noise went away on its own and many members have posted the issue below 20k kms. you could wait and hopefully the sound will go away.

Dont buy all that ASC sell you after all its your car and not theirs be adamant to get the issue fixed.when i had the issue with clutch i paid for the entire work (Clutch plate,Pressure plate, Release bearing,flywheel polishing ) and then took up the matter with Hyundai customer care and finally i was refunded the entire 12K in the subsequent service.Those ASC guy will tell no theres no issue till the warranty period once the car goes out of it they will give you the list of things that need to be replaced to get the job done.

Thread Starter #14
Hi CommonRail...did you identify the issue and get it fixed? I am facing a similar issue with CRDI 2013 Verna. Service center folks tell me its normal but fact is i encountered this problem after 2 years of buying the vehicle.

Please let me know if you were able to identify the source of noise.
Nope, they couldn't identify the problem, As usual their answer is "its normal with all cars"[frustration]. Six months back even the gear got stuck and i couldn't slots the gears when the engine was running, after cooling for 15 mins it worked as usual, i did ask them to try and bleed the master but they said it would not be required. they have recommended to change the complete clutch assembly, They cant figure out anything at all, when ever i go to them with any problem all they suggest is to replace the part.[frustration]

Hi All,

thanks,
Hi,
I have a 2019 verna sx ran only 18k and found dome clicking sound while releasing the clutch suddenly in neutral position.
But if i release the clutch slowly then the sound is gone.
I have visited two ASCs and one of them telling me that there might be a problem and another is telling me its just a normal phenomenon.
As i am new to this forum will anybody help me with their suggestions.

Top Bottom