Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT | 6 Years | 54,000 Kms: Ownership Review

When a product is on demand, if you are so keen to buy yourself one, you need to go the hardway. Pull out your threads, be yourself the upper hand. You can't get a discount, but you can ensure a good ride.
I still remember, when we bought smart TV, I went and bought from another dealer, who had cheated me, basically, in after sales (So many issues in coordinating installation, and the stabilizer that came with it was not the model I had listed onto, and the sales staff was like, you are getting this a freebie, so just buy and leave). Seeing the situation, my dad intervened, he just made 2 calls. One to another dealer, striking a deal, ensuring good product, with ready cash payment. Second call, cancelling this booking of previous, and said within48hrs if the payment made doesnt reach the account, I will talk with your manager (I later came to know that this dealer had been in business over the years, my dad stopped dealing with him, when he felt things are too much taken for granted)

Lesson learnt is don't go for freebies or discounts, you can get a fair discount but not too much. It is bound to come with pandora box.

Thread Starter #1,728

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Car turns 11 day after tomorrow. [:D]
IMG_20230216_211213.jpg

I have covered 8000kms in 9 months on cng. No jerks, no power loss.
On 80% highway roads and 20% city without ac, car covers 190kms in 7.5kg of gas which turns out to be 25km/kg.[roll][cheers]
100% city rides with ac gives 16km/kg-17km/kg.

On petrol, car used to give 8-9kmpl ie 12rs per km
On cng, rs per km is approx 4rs-5rs. So i have already covered my cng kit installation cost.
I installed cng to drive it for another 2-3 years but because of the rust and the possible ac compressor issue I will sell it within 2 months.

Last edited:
After 11 years i sold my beloved car today. And as I had guessed the ac compressor conked off on 2nd April so resale took a hit.
The new car will most probably be delivered this week.
I'm late but, farewell to your Verna. [:)] I can't seem to find your new car thread??

Do you feel more vibrations while standstill? If yes then maybe the mounts are gone. If you haven't changed it previously you should now.
In case someone comes upon this thread, I did end up replacing all 3 mounts and although the vibrations did reduce, it's still not completely smooth [frustration] so I guess the flywheel is the only thing that is left.
I got tired of the service center visits and their unwillingness to properly resolve the issue. Also, the car does not see much city use so it's not that big of a deal. I decided that I will take care of it in the future, maybe during the next major service.

Eh, we all grow up so fast. I have been here for more than a decade and seriously now I don't have the time plus motivation to write a new thread [sad]
But I will surely make the thread someday.
I agree sir. I am also trying to make an ownership thread on my car's too but not able to put it down on paper. Motivation is the main thing that is lacking I guess.

Were all the three mounts replaced at the same time or in different intervals?
All three engine mounts were replaced at the same time in my presence by the ASC.

Eh, we all grow up so fast. I have been here for more than a decade and seriously now I don't have the time plus motivation to write a new thread [sad]
But I will surely make the thread someday.
Totally understandable mate. I mean, I've been posting in your (and nick's) thread from day one instead of making my own :lol!:

Top Bottom