Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT | 6 Years | 54,000 Kms: Ownership Review

I drive my verna with slight throttle below 1500rpm for mileage

But it has lag below 1500rpm. sometime below 2000rpm also has lag.
So it struggles to move.

On ghat road i've to keep above 2500rpm.if i run my car above 2000rpm,mileage droos drastically,it cant run on 4th gear on ghats.3rd gear too.
At steep i've to downshift to 2nd gear,even though in 2nd gear it struggles move forward.
When i start my car which is in 1st gear on steep road,it rolls back because it has delay in acceleration.

It has no pickup on low rpms
And city mileage with ac on is 8kmpl.on highways 16kmpl with ac on.i am using premium petrol.
I will upload videos soon.

Tommorow i am going visakhapatnam which is 150kms from my place(kakinada) ap.
guys,
done 2nd service
DSC_0175 (2).JPG

but still i am suffering with acceleration delay.
i highlighted this problem at service centre but they are helpless.
and they asking for feedback for service they've done.

what is the problem with my car?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3efsTGVuow

it is even worse if i throttle with ac on and eco on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsMXJJQtWm4

please reply me a solution.

Thread Starter #1,503

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Which car did you drive before this ? I checked my car and it's the same.
I don't think there's a problem with the car. It can be your driving style also. I made a video
https://youtu.be/xAxdKPzloyE

About the ghat problem. If you are on a slope yse handbrake , engage first gear , accelerate a little and disengage the handbrake.
Petrol cars have generally poor low end torque and you feel like the car is powerless.

There's nothing wrong with your car.

About the headlight issue. Right side Led broke on its own so removed it and i bought 2 h4 osram bulbs today. I was really happy with the throw since it became just like new.
I was happily clicking pictures to upload here and guess what the problem is with the bulbs [frustration] the guy gave me 100\90 bulbs and i used it today without relay or anything. The bulb output is good.
So what do i do now ? Install relay and use the 100/90 bulbs.
2. Or remove them , get the standard 60/55w.
3. I fear these will melt the reflectors.
Dont want to waste any more money[frustration]

Attachments

Last edited:
Which car did you drive before this ? I checked my car and it's the same.
I don't think there's a problem with the car. It can be your driving style also. I made a video
https://youtu.be/xAxdKPzloyE

About the ghat problem. If you are on a slope yse handbrake , engage first gear , accelerate a little and disengage the handbrake.
Petrol cars have generally poor low end torque and you feel like the car is powerless.

There's nothing wrong with your car.

About the headlight issue. Right side Led broke on its own so removed it and i bought 2 h4 osram bulbs today. I was really happy with the throw since it became just like new.
I was happily clicking pictures to upload here and guess what the problem is with the bulbs [frustration] the guy gave me 100\90 bulbs and i used it today without relay or anything. The bulb output is good.
So what do i do now ? Install relay and use the 100/90 bulbs.
2. Or remove them , get the standard 60/55w.
3. I fear these will melt the reflectors.
Dont want to waste any more money[frustration]
i have driven alto and hyundai i10 but it is not like that.it didnt has any lag in acceleration to throttle input.

Thread Starter #1,505

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I would like to update my earlier statement. City cars like santro , alto has good low end torque. The cars are produced for the masses who drives mostly in cities. Low in power but good at low end torque that's why santro can be driven in 3rd gear at 10kmph. Bigger petrol cars like the verna have poor low end and you will have to downshift in traffic and wait for the power to come.
Again i am saying change your driving style , nothing wrong with your car. Did you see the video i uploaded ?

I would like to update my earlier statement. City cars like santro , alto has good low end torque. The cars are produced for the masses who drives mostly in cities. Low in power but good at low end torque that's why santro can be driven in 3rd gear at 10kmph. Bigger petrol cars like the verna have poor low end and you will have to downshift in traffic and wait for the power to come.
Again i am saying change your driving style , nothing wrong with your car. Did you see the video i uploaded ?
yes brother i've seen your video and i tested other new verna sx version it also has same response.

but when i test drive ciaz petrol,there is no acceleration delay but it didnt has punchy performance verna has.

is there any option to not get acceleration delay without effecting fe?

Thread Starter #1,507

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I haven't deiven the ciaz but every car has different engine responses.

You can't do anything related to it. You will get habitual after some time. Change gears at 2100 rpm.

yes brother i've seen your video and i tested other new verna sx version it also has same response.

but when i test drive ciaz petrol,there is no acceleration delay but it didnt has punchy performance verna has.

is there any option to not get acceleration delay without effecting fe?

You want acceleration without affecting FE ? [surprise]

It is like in Foot Ball. There are Strikers and then there are Goalies. A Goalie venturing into opponent's territory to strike a Goal, would mostly end up conceding a Goal (on the run). A striker would be replaced, if he spends more time near HIS Goalie.

It is akin to "expect a wife to agree to hubby's point in an argument, Bro". Saavy ? [;)]

Thread Starter #1,511

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The clutch has become quite hard. My trusted mechanic told me to drive 5k kms more but after driving the elantra , clutch seems quite heavy in the verna. So will be buying clutch set plus clutch bearing and will change it.
Not aware of your query.

i have driven alto and hyundai i10 but it is not like that.it didnt has any lag in acceleration to throttle input.
The problem you are talking about in petrol Verna , it is due to the accelerator input given to the throttle is electrically controlled , where as in car's like alto it is done by a metal wire just pull and release mechanism to make throttle response sharper in your car , there is kit that would be installed in between you accelerator signal cable and accelerator pedal socket , that would make the throttle response sharper.

The problem you are talking about in petrol Verna , it is due to the accelerator input given to the throttle is electrically controlled , where as in car's like alto it is done by a metal wire just pull and release mechanism to make throttle response sharper in your car , there is kit that would be installed in between you accelerator signal cable and accelerator pedal socket , that would make the throttle response sharper.
what was that kit?does the kit really eliminates the lag in throttle input?how much does it cost?

HI all, I'm using 2014 Hyundai verna Fluidic 1.6 SX (o) Diesel Variant. My car came with projector headlamps. All these 3 years I managed with this worst headlamps as I don't drive much in evenings. Now that I started driving in Nights in highways i couldn't drive at all with this poor light quality of the projectors lamps. It has very poor brightness. And if i drive in rain the visibility is absolute zero and I almost made an accident. My query is
1. Can I improve the brightness of existing Projector lamp
2. If I want to change this projector lamp which one should I opt for?

Another issue I'm facing is Tight clutch. Car odometer is 64k. Should I change the Clutch plate? The SA told that not to change it until 100k kms. I'm getting knee pain due to the hard clutch.
So please find me a solution for the issues I'm facing.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,515

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
You can add hid to the fog lamps. I am searching the same on the internet.
Get it changed if you dont feel the clutch to be comfortable. My car's at 51k and i myself will change the clutch kit when i get the time.

Top Bottom