Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi SX - Sleek Silver Finally Arrived

Oh! No updates for suspension for fluidic verna. I think we have to wait for 2 years of verna launch in May-2013. After that they will come with solution and will made us to pay for it to make easy money[anger]. But we have to keep this issue alive and come with some solution.

Got my Sllek Silver Verna 1.6 CRDI SX on 2nd November. What a beautiful vehicles Hyundai has made. I am loving it.

Covered 1520km till date with one trip to Delhi-Gwalior-Delhi. Drove on Yamuna Expressway at 1500rpm at 80km/h speed in 6th gear imagine what I got in return from this Jewel. a superb 26.9 km/l mileage awesome. what else you expect. do you think it can go better.

My till date Average Fuel Consumption is around 20 it includes both highway and city driving in Gwalior.

listing only cons as this beauty has endless pros:

1) thud sound when roads are really bad or unethical speed breaker
2) suspension is still soft for Indian road which are bad/bumby/wavy and causes bumby ride if you are on high speed.
3) Head lamps could have been better for this segment of car

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #78
Hello All,

Great to see all your thread, updates and messages. It has always helped me make some decisions and maintain my car.

Latest Update on My Fluidic Verna CRDi

1. 8th Month Update - Clocked 18000 KMS

1be1f0ba-8208-489d-90f3-1073ea622834_zps25ef9351.jpg

2. Engine - Smooth and no issues
3. Clutch was a little too tight - rectified with Clutch bleeding
4. One major Accident on a trip - Broke my bumper, damaged Radiator, Headlight.
5. Minor Scratches.
6. Front Bumper is the Worst thing this Verna has, Very very sensitive.
7.Mileage is as good as the new Verna.-Dont Expect to give ggood mileage in Bumper to Bumper Traffic - If your mileage is bad, Try a highway trip, you will know its awesome always.
Ready for the 2nd service...!

Please can you all post you 2nd service cost and experience for CRDi.

Thanks
Vickky

Thread Starter #79
IMG_6432_zpsd512e36d.jpg

Its exactly 9 months of ownership and my car has clocked 19500 KMS.

Update:

1. Minor Clutch noise - To be rectified
2. New Suspension Upgrade notification received at Service Centers - To be upgraded with new coils in phases - Confirmed

Other than these, there are no issues. Its ready for the 3rd service.

hey vickky do tell me about the suspension upgrade thing. When did they release the updates?
I doubt i would go in for it as it never made much of a difference. I have my fourth service coming up in a week or two if i do 800 km by then.

Thread Starter #81
hey vickky do tell me about the suspension upgrade thing. When did they release the updates?
I doubt i would go in for it as it never made much of a difference. I have my fourth service coming up in a week or two if i do 800 km by then.

Hello Nick,

I saw a print out on their notice board with instruction to change suspensions for fluidic verna. I spoke to a SA and he told they would be starting it in mid april and in a scheduled order. First they will adjust the spring and ask the customer to drive for a week and then the ywill replace the coil and so on..! Entire suspension will not be replaced in one shot.

By the wat, did you have any clutch issues?

Vickky

sorry to bump in guys [cry] but i am facing the clutch problem from last 3 months. my main problem with clutch is that it gets jammed
during pressing the clutch during changing my gear and i am facing the same problem once in a week. [anger] i am attaching some of the pics for your reference.
I did my 2nd service on 21/03/13 and completed 10,000 mark till now. Service manager has agreed to replace clutch master cylinder as according to him it is the culprit. Hope to get it replaced before 15th of April as the order for replacement is done.

Attachments

well yes i am having clutch issues unresolved as of now. They bled the hydraulic lines and there was no oil coming out, they just put it back and were delivering me it i took a test drive and found no changes so i told them its not right that no oil come out from the bleeder valve o they changed my master cylinder the clutch became easier to use but the jerks that come while leaving the clutch dont go, it also gives a horrible khaat noise. I told them its affecting my driving especially in traffic when it jerks and on inclines if i release it normally the car may stall so i give a lilttle throttle and at times the burning smell comes. I told the service centre they said its related to the internals of the clutch system and they found it on other vernas since hyundai did not respond to the issue they now say its normal. I dont want to accept this being normal i could fry my clutch sooner like. Everyother mechanic i spoke to online say its related to the clutch cover/pressure plate releasing the clutch in a jerk. The clutch also dis-engages when the pedal comes to the top most portion such that if in traffic i just push the clutch slightly to control speed it will cause the car to go in neutral which means the clutch travel for engagement or disengagement takes place in 65%-95% of the total pedal travel from the floor, even at 85% if i push it in slightly the car can go in neutral and if i release from there khat and a jerk. Sometimes shifting into second gear is hard until i press the clutch few times but then again sometimes while engaging reverse i get a grinding noise. Most of my friends who drive a diesel usually keep stalling my car at traffic but when they drive other petrol vehicles they do not stall it.

@himalayan have them check the springs, if thats fine make sure they replace the master cylinder and untill its found to your satisfaction give them a hard time.

The steering rattle to is there they dont accept it and just say it cannot be there since your car has the modified steering from factory.
i dont know why they are just giving me a blank face for the clutch at one point im thinking of having them overhaul my clutch but then worried if the issue continues even if i decide to change a few components unless hyundai makes suitable changes i may have to go for non oem clutch kits.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #84
Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi SX - Sleek Silver - 1st Anniversary update

One year update - 24000KMS

1. 3rd Free Service - Finished the 3rd FS in April 2013 at 19924 KMS. Total amount was Rs.5500+

2. First Anniversary update - Clocked 23000KMS on completing 1 year. Lot of driving.

photo1_zps00a8c988.jpg

3. Front coil spring changed under warranty, now the GC is lot lot better.

4. Keys replaced under warranty - Was not working properly. Now Butter smooth.

5. Clutch Releaser Bearing Replacement - Lot of Krrr Krrr noise which shifting gears was there, told the ASS team and they removed to find it damaged. Replace under warranty. Now clutch is fine.

6. Rear passengers had a bouncy ride on highway, got the rear suspension upgrade to stiffer coil springs under warranty. Now with the new coil springs the car feel more planted to the ground.

Overall a great car till now with minor tweaking, mainly because of Bangalore's road condition, Traffic etc.

After sales service team is awesome at Advaith Hyundai ORR.

Mileage averages around 14-16 in City and a whooping 20KMS average on highway with full load (Full load luggage with 4 People).

Absolutely happy with the performance. It still rocks over the streets and make heads turn.

@Vicky, Wow that's great news that you are crunching miles and miles. Good to see that you are lucky to get replacement both rear and front coil springs. I only got rear spring replaced. Now the car is very much planted but it still scraps the odd speed brakers

Thread Starter #87
my car rarely scrapes the breakers[:D] thats some kms you clocked there, mines at 27000 km after 23 months
GC improved when I changed the front coil springs in June. Rear Coil springs were to reduce the bouncy boat ride.

Yes, lot of driving, an average of 50KMS/day. 27000 is not bad for a VTVT.

@Vicky, Wow that's great news that you are crunching miles and miles. Good to see that you are lucky to get replacement both rear and front coil springs. I only got rear spring replaced. Now the car is very much planted but it still scraps the odd speed brakers
Thank you for all you guys spending some time to give valuable feedback. Yes, my car runs in Bangalore and highway to Kerala via Tamilnadu, so lot of bouncy issue, now the spring have cleared to some extent. But you need to be careful with unscientific Speed breakers. Even Lorry wouldnt be a safe bet in those condition. :)

24000 KMS ...!

IMG_70251_zpse34ea39e.jpg

Thread Starter #89

Top Bottom