Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 (2012) CRDi EX: 81,000+ Kms

Thread Starter #92
Re: To Kukke and Back in Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi EX after 61,000 Kms

Which truck is going which way.
Me chuckling. The white truck on the left (K R Carriers) was merely parked there.

Imagine my situation --- "following a long container truck on a badly broken road, seeing few oncoming trucks, approaching a Culvert ... and then THIS one suddenly appears --- TO MY LEFT" [surprise]. Funny NOW, but not then.

With a smile, I posted the Pic here, wondering WHO will ask THE question you asked. Good observation, GrandRk [clap]

Thread Starter #93
Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 (2012) CRDi EX: 60,000+ Kms Update

After the scheduled "60,000 km Service plus blah blah blah", Car was delivered at my home at 8 PM yesterday night. Bill was Rs. 19,602/-. I checked the 60K service cost with Hyundai Android App, and it threw up Rs 19K plus, so I didn't say anything furthur. A$$ had some problem in printing the Bill and are sending it by courier. Got a discount of Rs 500/- [frustration] and I paid Rs. 19,102/- thro' Credit Card. If I don't misplace the bill, I will post it here, for reference.

I was told the "Specific Gravity" in the battery was down. They adjusted and kept the battery for charging for 1.5 plus Hrs. Today morning when I started the car, I felt that the battery had more grunt than I am used to in the past 4 months. The cranking was instantaneous and cranking sound was much more purposeful. So, not changing battery now. Lemme see.

About the Horn Sound (I mentioned it in post # 88) :
INSIDE the Cabin, with all windows rolled up, I am used to hearing at least 20-25 % of my car's Horn Sound. It gave some assurance that a job was done. It was similar in my old Matiz too. I reported the "muted Horn Sound inside Cabin Problem" to A$$, and they have made it ... ... ... a FEATURE NOW [lol]. Sound inside Cabin is may be 5% of outside ... very much muted. Found it while coming to office. Morning I called the SA, and was told that it is supposed to be muted inside for the comfort and they had tuned the Horn etc. I am not liking the current sound level. Have to try in traffic to see if it is a plus or minus.
The Invoice for 60K service came by Courier... it belonged to someone else. The correct invoice came later and I found a difference of Rs.718 b/w my calculation and theirs. The SA (Mr.Emanuel) was on personal leave and said he would call me back; he got busy, I got busy and I decided it was not worth following up, as it is a computer generated bill. Posting it below, just for the record.

Pg1.jpg

Pg2.jpg

So many errors, I wonder whether they use excel spreadsheet at all ???

What is "Material internal panel protection" ?

Did you ask them to go engine coating ?, cause lacquering means coating.

Thread Starter #95

I don't know. I assumed it to be associated with Hyundai recommended schedule.

Someone with proper knowledge may fill in here please...

Thread Starter #96
My first experience with FasTag

On 9th Aug, a FasTag card was installed in my car I checked HDFC's online page and ensured that it was activated and had a balance of Rs 1000. The link for THAT is here. On 11th Aug, I was on my way to my hometown and the Tag was declared SUSPENDED / INVALID / BLACKLISTED at Five Toll Plazas.

Those who don't have time, can go to the Summary below (in this Post # 96) and also check in the FasTag thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...nse/27429-fastag-what-how-why.html#post546080).

Read on, if you have some time to Kill.

Phase-1:

• Just because the Card was visible to Tool Attendants, I had entry to the dedicated ETC Lanes (which were least crowded) and quick exit, AFTER paying CASH.
  • As I stopped for Coffee, I called HDFC's Toll Free number (1800 120 1243) at 5:08 PM on 11th. This is how it went on...
HDFC Call Center guy : Due to ZERO balance, your Card is BLACKLISTED, Sir.
Me: Gimme your WhatsApp number, I'll send the screen shots, showing the card IS activated on 9th and there is Rs 1000 balance in A/c.
HDFC Call Center guy : There must be some other reason for Blacklisting. I can't say much now, Sir.
Me: Please put me thro to your Manager.
HDFC Call Center guy : Blah blah blah, I will check with our Tech guys. It will be rectified by tomorrow.
Me: I have many more TollPlazas ahead of me. Pls sort it out within next 2 hours.
HDFC Call Center guy : Sir, ALL are busy. I will try my best.

Then I called Mr.Chandu (from Bangalore, who installed the Card in my car and collected money) and showed my irritation. He promised to involve his manager. When I reached Krishnagiri TollPlaza, the road was chocked with vehicles for about 80-100m away from the Plaza. It was difficult to locate and align with the FasTag Lane but, luckily I was in the lane next to it. The attendants guided other vehicles away and allowed me to enter the FasTag Lane. But ... THIS time, the Toll attendants SAID my Card WAS BLACKLISTED. As I paid by cash, the guy behind me, felt that I was delaying him and started honking. I felt thoroughly embarrassed. Enna HDFC Rascala ... YOU guys owe me BIG TIME.
  • May be 30-45 minutes later, I got a call from HDFC saying that my Tag A/c indeed HAS Rs 1200/- balance and their Techs are working to sort out my issue. So, at Thoppur toll plaza, I royally entered the FasTag Lane, but again had to pay by Cash. The look the attendant gave me ... HDFCeeeeee [anger]
  • Same story repeated at the next toll Plaza at Salem too.
  • Around 7PM, a HDFC Rep called and said "After activating the Tag, we send an SMS, which was NOT sent to you. We are sending SMS now. Sorry for the trouble". I got said SMS at 7:17 pm and they followed it up by calling. They had the guts to ask me if I would rate their service !!!
  • The Tag worked fine at the next three "Namakkal, Karur-Dindigul, Dindigul-Kodairoad" Toll Plazas. I think it was Lane # 4 in all these three.
  • It was marked Lane # 2 at Madurai-Thirumangalam Toll, but the Tag-Reader was NOT AT ALL installed in that Lane and I had to pay by Cash. Grrrrrrrr.

Phase-2:

• On 12th, I did a 300km long Sivakasi to Tiruchendur to Sivakasi Trip. In that route, there is only one Toll Plaza (near Tuticorin) and I bought a Rs 95/- multiple entry ticket, as it would have cost me Rs 65+65 in ETC Lane. BTW, there is a dedicated and working ETC Lane, here.

Phase-3: Return Journey

• The Tag worked and the car sailed like breeze thro' the ETC Lanes till Salem Toll booth.
  • Due to heavy traffic leading to the Toll booth, I spent some 10 minutes before driving thro ETC Lane (at Salem).
  • It was WORSE at Thoppur Toll. Huge rush --- vehicles everywhere --- still I aligned correctly with ETC Lane ONLY to find that other Lanes were FASTER [frustration]as they had allowed all vehicles to enter ETC Lane.
  • It was THE WORST at Krishnagiri Toll. With BIG vehicles everywhere I thought that I had Aligned with the ETC Lane, but, after 10 minutes I found that "it was one lane to my right". I waved and pointed to the ETC Board to the Container Truck driver in that lane, and he smilingly obliged. I gave him a thumbs up signal and drove thro ETC Lane.
  • Any word worse than "worst" ??? That was the condition at Attibele TollPlaza; I could not see the signboard and did not go to the ETC Lane (extreme left Lane, may be). All these trouble for Rs 25 toll and sixteen minutes of Fuel consumption at Idling. Whoever had this lousy idea, should be asked to buy Milk everytime he asks for Tea [evil]
  • As it was beyond 11:30 night and me being a conjusi, I didn't use the Elevated Toll way on the return trip.
  • I did NOT get any SMS for Toll Transaction, as promised in their website (here) under "SMS alerts for transactions"

Summary: My first experience was a Mixed Bag, due to Error on HDFC's part, due to changing ETC Lane numbering, due to difficulty in locating ETC Lane, due to bad driving habits on Indian Roads etc. Though operational, currently the FasTag is not FULLY effective across ALL Toll Booths because of these reasons. But, it has great potential to save precious fuel and time. Thumbs Up to FasTag Program.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #97
64,000+ Kms Update : Battery Changed

Headline: Got a Red color Exide Matrix 75D23L for Rs 5,900/-, after exchanging the Hyundai provided Exide.

Detail:
On the evening of 21-Sep-2017, when I started the car at our office car park, the battery gave up. Though the Battery Trouble started in Feb 2017 (link here), I waited just to see how long the old one would go... Well, it lasted for 57 Months (minus 6 days). The shop that supplies and maintains UPS in our Apartment is within a km of our Car park. The battery arrived within 25 minutes. 5 minutes later, I was heading to my home.

It is a 68 Ah battery with 60 Months Warranty. "Exide Mileage" battery with same 68 Ah rating, but with only 48 months warrant was available for Rs.600 less. Me being a sucker for these, I spent Rs. 600 more. Next 3 days I was down with fever. So no starting the car. On Monday, (25th) when I started the Car, it just started.

Life is Good and back on track. Happy Dasara to all TAI remember and your family members too.

Thread Starter #98

Last week, I parked my car on the road side, while going for a quick snack. I parked within the parking lines, but unfortunately smack in front of a Shoe Showroom.

When I used the key fob, car wouldn't lock. When I tried to lock "driver's door central lock", it kept "unlocking on its own". After a couple of attempts, locked using the actual key. When I parked at my residence, key fob worked neat. It worked on subsequent days too, so I ignored it.

Yesterday evening too, exact same spot and same "unable to lock using keyfob on road, but all fine at residence" story repeated.

At home I was wondering what could have happened. I recalled seeing a "Cable TV network's Cable hanging just 1 or 2 feet above my Car". May be the leakage signal from the Cable was interfering with the RF waves emitted by the Keyfob.

Or, or or or, on a serious note, it could have been done by the Shoe Showroom, by installing a Jammer to discourage vehicle owners or it could be them using some Electronic Device (like a CCTV) with remote transmission, which is interfering with the Keyfob.

I found this very interesting. Decided to investigate at leisure. Will update later. Ciao.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Keyfobs do actually use Low frequency RF. But you are the first one to report first hand about interference. Perhaps the cable/CCTV cable was the main cable (Carrying boosted/ Amplified signal) . do keep us posted.

Thread Starter #100

Keyfobs do actually use Low frequency RF. But you are the first one to report first hand about interference. Perhaps the cable/CCTV cable was the main cable (Carrying boosted/ Amplified signal) . do keep us posted.
THAT motivates me. Thank you.
Google says Keyfobs use around 315 MHz and Carrier frequency of Cable TV ranges from 54 to 798 MHz. With the cable just 1 to 2 feet above my car and close to Car's Radio Antenna, it has potential to jam signal from keyfob. Will do some research.

Thread Starter #101

Before I start a car journey, I always spend some time in going thro' TAIs "Pictures and Videos of Automobiles Involved in Accidents" thread. The gory pictures help me retain control when I get angry. Today I'm starting to Chennai on a one-and-a-half day trip. Saw the accident due to racing (link). I recollected one of my stupid races in Aug-Sep 2017.

Sometimes, even when you are prepared to avoid a Stupid Act, circumstances FORCE you to do it. The easy way I could have avoided THAT stupid incidence was "TO BE IGNORANT OF ITS HAPPENING". But, with my family having seen an insult to me, I was forced to Race. I only pray to God to shield me from such incidences. Reading THIS POST may help you FORGIVE and avoid such STUPID Races.

This happened on the "Hosur-Krishnagiri, 6 lane highway". I was in the Middle Lane, sharing some jokes with family and following a Container Truck doing 70 kph speed. As I was well behind the truck, I could see that right lane ahead was clean and decided to go past truck. I quickly turned my head to right and FELT that "the right lane BEHIND was free". The moment I moved to right lane, I spotted a Ciaz flashing lights in the IRVM and quickly moved back to the middle lane. Whole activity would have taken 2 seconds. After a 4-5 seconds the Ciaz went past me. It was a bad and scary move by me. When I overtook the Truck I saw that the Ciaz had slowed down ahead.

I lined up to Ciaz's left and saw a small family - Hubby (around 30), Wife and a Baby in the her arms. I raised my hand outside the window and mouthed Sorry. I kept my hands raised. The woman started mouthing something bad and the hubby started shouting at me. My wife too joined me in shouting Sorry, but they were pissed off... rightly so; my mistake.

I dropped speed.The Ciaz too dropped speed ... Hubby's hand came out above the car, with "Middle Finger raised" ... And THEN I saw the woman too gave the same middle finger gesture [surprise] I thought it was bit too much, yet, once again drove up to Ciaz, looked at the Hubby, mouthed Sorry, smiled and raised my hand to convey I was sorry. But, the hubby and wife both continued their bad mouthing. Then I went ahead, stopped my Car, got out hoping to talk to them, but, the Ciaz drove past and disappeared. I thought it was over, but it was NOT.

When I maintained 100-110 kph speeds, I saw the Ciaz was waiting for me ahead. As I was about to go past Ciaz, it gathered speed and the young parents were again glaring at me and bad mouthing me. I thought "What the heck", dropped a gear and simply pulled ahead. Even after Ciaz completely disappeared from my Mirrors I maintained higher speed but eventually came down to my planned 100-110 kph.

THIS time the Ciaz came just behind me and flashed head lights. I gave way, but the youngster drew parallel, bad mouthed me and went away. I was slowly getting irritated. After 5 minutes, I caught up with the Ciaz trying to clear a group of trucks from the left. Right lane was decent and I went ahead the group of trucks and fell back to the Middle lane.

Once again the Ciaz came behind me and kept flashing lights. I moved to the free right lane, but, I was getting irritated. When he went past me, I followed him and started flashing my headlights. I wanted to see if he would move and give way. He was NOT giving way. He was accelerating, I was just following him. By this time, I too lost interest in overtaking him.

Our speeds were increasing. Sometimes we both dropped speed to dodge around traffic, to dive from one lane to another, but we were always TOGETHER.

After sometime, I realised he was comfortable at 130 kph and wanted to push him furthur. I went past him, but maintained little higher speed. He went past me but was forced to maintain my speed. I tested him again, by going past and yet again he overtook me.

During this STUPID RACE, on few ill decided overtaking maneuvers, I saw the Ciaz braking late and diving back. The final straw came when the Ciaz bounced heavily over a patched NH. My wife shouted at me, "there is a Baby in that Car". I called it quits and stopped the Car. There was a big Pond nearby, we walked to the Pond, spend few minutes, came back and started our journey.

I caught up with the Ciaz in A2B Motel, Chinnar. He was filling Air/Nitrogen. I parked some 40 ft away from him, stood out of my car in "Direct Line of Sight" and kept looking at him. Had he made an eye contact, I would have gone and said Sorry once again, but he decided NOT to make eye contact. In one way THAT too was good.

Few lessons from my above experience:
Had I adjusted my ORVM before the journey, the scary moment would not have happened.
If Ciaz driver accepted my apologies, THIS RACE would not have happened.
Had I forgiven the hubby and wife, this STUPID RACE would not have happened.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Well done buddy.
It sometimes also needs a Man to call it quits and let go.
I don't know what kind of baby they'll raise. The woman too using rude gestures and bad mouthing, thats the height.

Ciaz is not a high performance car and would'nt have overtaken you in a flash. 4~5 seconds it took to overtake the truck shows the same. Just the rashness and flashing lights form immature dad that made it look faster than what it was.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

Its highly tinny too.Kerb wt, of petrol one is 1010 kgs only.In comparison my 2010 ritz vxi was 1030 kgs.And it was soo much shorter in length in comparison to full sedan length ciaz.
In the mad race to give fuel economy maruti is damn concerned about the build quality of their cars. And baleno upped the game further. O god!!

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended

Similar instances have happened with me also before
rule according to me- never get out of your vehicle, never roll down the window fully

Today I was in the 1st lane and at fairly faster speed(well within limits) given the low traffic towards a signal
I started to go towards the middle lane , hoping to switch to left lane when the signal came
Suddenly an Uber guy in Xcent decides to come out of his parking from extreme left, gives right indicator and comes right in the middle lane just as I entered middle lane. I braked and went back to 1st lane and in anger, decided not to let him come to 1st lane by obstructing me again. So I gave left indicator again and gained speed and switched to middle lane after overtaking him . Suddenly I noticed he has come back towards middle lane from 1st lane and has also gained speed, meaning he could rear end me easily. I simply kept speed and went ahead, narrowly avoiding his idiotic move of coming back and forth so suddenly.
Just before the signal, I slowed down , waited for him and gave him a good dose of colourful language and sped off.

Thread Starter #105

Similar instances have happened with me also before
rule according to me- never get out of your vehicle, never roll down the window fully

Today I was in the 1st lane and at fairly faster speed(well within limits) given the low traffic towards a signal
I started to go towards the middle lane , hoping to switch to left lane when the signal came
Suddenly an Uber guy in Xcent decides to come out of his parking from extreme left, gives right indicator and comes right in the middle lane just as I entered middle lane. I braked and went back to 1st lane and in anger, decided not to let him come to 1st lane by obstructing me again. So I gave left indicator again and gained speed and switched to middle lane after overtaking him . Suddenly I noticed he has come back towards middle lane from 1st lane and has also gained speed, meaning he could rear end me easily. I simply kept speed and went ahead, narrowly avoiding his idiotic move of coming back and forth so suddenly.
Just before the signal, I slowed down , waited for him and gave him a good dose of colourful language and sped off.
Me smiling, kkn13. It's VERY difficult to avoid such incidents. I am a Tamil and the word "very (வெறி) in Tamil means "hysterical" (remember famous "kola veri" song). So, with practice, we can try to cut the "VERY" word out.

Last Saturday and Sunday, I completed a 800 plus trip to Chennai and back(will post highlights later). Came across so many such incidents. Posting in TAI "before starting the trip" helped me a lot. Do you know how I cut out "VERY" ?

To the extent possible, I avoided making eye contact with other drivers. Few were more irritating, "not possible NOT to look at them". But, I gave a friendly smile and nodded at the other driver. I kept telling myself, "don't quarrel with a Pig" and had a relatively calm drive. Lemme see how long I can continue this good habit.

Top Bottom