Hyundai Exter (Ai3) Compact SUV Launch in 2023

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Hyundai is reportedly working to launch a new entry-level compact SUV in India during festive season 2023. Codenamed Hyundai Ai3 CUV, it will be positioned below Hyundai Venue and rival Tata Punch, Citroen C3 etc.

Upcoming Hyundai Compact SUV Highlights:
  • There’s a possibility that Hyundai could showcase its new CUV at the Auto Expo 2023.
  • This crossover will be based on the same platform as Hyundai Grand i10 Nios and Aura.
  • Expect it to be larger than Hyundai Casper, which is the smallest crossover sold by Hyundai in the international markets.
  • The company might use the same 1.2 Kappa Petrol motor with a choice of Manual as well as Automated Manual Transmissions.
  • Hyundai is expecting to retail around 50,000 units of this car, for which it has already expanded the plant capacity from 7.7 lakh to 8.5 lakh units.

Hyundai Casper
Hyundai-Casper.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
Hyundai Ai3 has now been spied in India. Production is expected to begin in Mid-2023, followed by launch in the festive season.

Hyundai-Ai3-India.jpg
Source: Link

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
hyundai-ax-1-small-suv-1.jpg

After unveiling the all-new Verna in India and making a comeback in the sedan segment, Hyundai is now gearing up to make a mark in the compact SUV category. Hyundai has dropped a teaser image of what could be a new sub-compact SUV. Codenamed Hyundai AI3, this new SUV will be positioned between the Grand i10 Nios and Venue in Hyundai’s lineup for India and will be launched in August 2023.

Based on the K1 small car platform, which also underpins other compact Hyundai models like the Grand i10 Nios and Aura, the new Hyundai AI3 sub-compact SUV will be the same size as the Korea-specific Hyundai Casper. However, the new AI3 will have a completely different design from that of the Casper and will have a less radical design in comparison. The new SUV will have a boxy and upright stance, much like that of the Venue. However, both SUVs will have entirely different designs, with the possibility of a ‘sensuous sportiness’ design philosophy being seen in the new AI3.

Read

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
This upcoming compact SUV will be known as Hyundai Exter. It’s speculated to launch in August 2023.

Hyundai-Exter TAI.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Hyundai has revealed the front-view of the upcoming Exter.

Hyundai-Exter-Front TAI.jpeg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
Following are the first-ever fully undisguised images of the upcoming Hyundai Exter. (Source: Link)

Hyundai-Exter-Front.jpg

Hyundai-Exter-Rear.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Exter officially revealed, bookings open

Big-image-exter.jpg

Following a string of teasers, Hyundai has now officially revealed the upcoming Exter SUV for India. Hyundai has not just shown the Exter's exterior design for the first time, but it has also commenced bookings for a token amount of Rs 11,000 ahead of its launch. The company has also confirmed trim details and powertrain options for the Exter in India.

1. Exter will get a 1.2-litre engine in petrol and CNG guise
  2. Bookings open for a token amount of Rs 11,000
Read

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Thanks @Nairrk for the prompt update. In addition to the above details, let me add that:
  • Hyundai Exter will have total five variants: EX, S, SX, SX(O) and SX(O) Connect.
  • The 1.2L Petrol engine will have a choice of 5-speed manual transmission or Smart Auto AMT and the 1.2L Bi-Fuel (Petrol + CNG) will come with a 5-speed manual transmission.
  • There will be a choice of 6 monotone and 3 dual-tone exterior color options including two new colors: Cosmic Blue and Ranger Khaki, both of which are also available in dual tone.
  • Hyundai has confirmed some of the features on offer such as: Projector Headlamps, H-Signature LED DRLs, Diamond Cut Alloys, Roof Rails etc.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
A couple of more images showing the road presence of Hyundai Exter. Personally, I believe that the rear-end could have been better designed.

Hyundai-Exter-Front.jpg

Hyundai-Exter-Rear.jpg
Pictures Source: Link

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Exter design fully revealed

20230530123343_20230516040501_Exter _2_.jpg

In the lead up to the launch of the Hyundai Exter on July 10, the company has been drip feeding new details about the upcoming Tata Punch rival. Hyundai has now officially revealed the rear design of the Exter. We had already reported to you with the Exter’s full design when it was spied undisguised in South Korea previously, and the India-spec model remains unchanged from that.

20230530123334_Hyundai.jpg

The most distinguishing element about the Exter’s rear design is a thick black trim that spans the tail gate and connects the squarish LED tail lamps at either ends. The black contrasting trim gets a textured finish with the Hyundai logo positioned at the centre. And like the LED daytime running lamps at the front, the tail lamps also have an ‘H’ lighting signature.

Read

Pre=Booked the sx(o) AMT variant online,since I was in need of a small car with auto, and my budget being under 10 lakhs.This will be my first Hyundai car after two marutis and one Ford. Fiesta will be doing Highway duties.
At the present moment not knowing the timeline of delivery.
May be all will be clear on 10 July

Thanks Sir ,but much will depend upon the pricing.if the price of Exter SX(o) comes anywhere near venue or kia petrol 1 litre I will have to rethink about the options, since I will be getting a bigger car for the same money though with less features but the critical difference will be one litre turbo which ultimately may decide in its favour

Top Bottom