Hyundai Eon Vs Maruti Alto

Maruti Alto or Hyundai Eon?

• Total voters
Closing gap: Hyundai Eon vs Suzuki Alto

During launch of Hyundai Eon HMIL Managing Director and CEO H W Park rightly said that "Eon has been specifically built keeping in mind the varied Indian conditions and special requirements of the customers here. It will further expand our market share in the fast-growing small car segment in the Indian market," No doubt they are rapidly closing the gap with Maruti Alto, 50,000 Eon sold in just 5 months confirmed by Hyundai on CNBC Awaaz today.

In October'2011 during launch of Eon Hyundai had set a modest target of 7,000 units per month despite of the fact that the Eon was launched with a petrol engine in a market where buying sentiments are dwindling, the little wonder has managed to mop up 6,315 orders. In the same month, Maruti Suzuki has posted the lowest ever sales of the Alto – just 15,197 units. Sure, a considerable amount of the Maruti Suzuki management’s attention was focused on solving the labor crisis and the production stoppage due to it.

Though gap is still quite wide open, in Jan'12 Suzuki sold 32965 Alto compare to mere 7,344 Eon but Eon is growing whereas if we see the Dec'11 figures Suzuki manage to sell 24,113 Alto compare to 6,223 Eon we can see tremendous growth of Hyundai Eon and in coming years Hyundai Eon can give Suzuki Alto run for money until unless Suzuki comes with some unique and different strategy to counter Hyundai.

Request to mods: Kindly merge the post if thread already exist.

I would suggest you to go with Alto. Reasons, as already mentioned in thread, Eon is a brand new car so better to go with tried and tested. Also, was reading an article on CarWale website on "Test Drive" of Eon, which clearly mentioned that driving experience of Eon is not as good a alto.

Hyundai Eon is a much better car. Its interiors are good, and exterior looks good compared to all the cars in that segment.

I would suggest you to go with Alto. Reasons, as already mentioned in thread, Eon is a brand new car so better to go with tried and tested. Also, was reading an article on CarWale website on "Test Drive" of Eon, which clearly mentioned that driving experience of Eon is not as good a alto.
Dont you all think Alto is too outdated model as car? if not suzuki should have discontinued it long ago for god sake but it became goose laying golden eggs in India for suzuki and they continued Production.
if economy and ergonomics were the concern no doubt there is a contender Tata Nano.
If a cool new car is required You have hyundai Eon. bang for the buck car it it.

Come on all of you forget the Alto, there is still much much better car from maruti-> A-star.!!

Ps:Why cant we Indians welcome changes and new entrants? why should we always has to stick to old school books .

Last edited:
Ps:Why cant we Indians welcome changes and new entrants? why should we always has to stick to old school books .
Is Hyundai giving beautiful service backup like Maruti?They are still in the 2nd position.So people think to buy them unlike Maruti.

Dont you all think Alto is too outdated model as car?
It has good city car approach and best suited in Metro Cities where it does work beautifully(Hope you got it).Now the K10 has come to power which is a lot better in the price range.

If not suzuki should have discontinued it long ago for god sake but it became goose laying golden eggs in India for suzuki and they continued Production.
Why should they change or discontinue when people need it for commuting more than luxury?

if economy and ergonomics were the concern no doubt there is a contender Tata Nano.
That would serve the purpose well for entry level and buyers with tight budget, Nano nowhere competes with Alto or Eon, and add to the service backup again[frustration]

If a cool new car is required You have hyundai Eon. bang for the buck car it it.
Only the D-Lite+ model is bang for the buck, other than that Eon no where comes to compete with Alto or K10.

Come on all of you forget the Alto, there is still much much better car from maruti-> A-star.!!
A-star is priced a lot and the claustrophobic interiors is a sore point, not suggested, add the bad looks too.

Jayadev bro, I agree with your point, but as Vishwas rightly said Hyundai doesnt give beautiful service backup just like Maruti, which remains one of the major reasons why I chose Maruti over Hyundai. Eon definitely has great interiors, but as its a new entrant to the Hyundai family, it isn't that tried and tested.

voted for Alto either it is K10 or New 800, they are proven workhorses from the ages and really cheap on pocket. I feel Eon is overpriced and I drove it and did not liked its power delivery. And one more biggest trouble owning any Hyundai car its expensive maintenance as this will be known in long run. Yes Eon looks really fresh and has amazing space inside and features are awesome, but still if I want 100% justification for my money then it is Alto anytime, because who ever buy in this price segment will definitely look for a VFM car and peace of mind always !! no offence for Hyundai lovers here

Eon may have lot of features but still there is a major difference between these two which raises Alto high. That Eon is from Hyundai and Alto is from trusted Maruti Suzuki.

Voted for EON because:
1. Looks interior or exterior better than Alto 800. Fresh Design.
2. Spacious
3. Quality, fit and finish definitely better than Alto 800.
4. ASS is good as well.
5. And it's a proven car now.
6. Does not believe in the herd mentality- That if it's a maruti it has to be good and better.
7. Lastly because i just bought one.

Dear friends,

I have planned to buy a car under 4lakh budget. I have chosen ALTO 800 and Eon Era+ model. Now I want to select based on its performance. Eon Era + is 30k more priced compared to ALTO 800 Lxi varient. It's OK it is worth to pay additional cost for exterior and interior look. Now I come to my question.

Apart from style or look in which parameter Eon is better than ALTO 800?

Please answer me. Thanks in advance.

Dear friends,

I have planned to buy a car under 4lakh budget. I have chosen ALTO 800 and Eon Era+ model. Now I want to select based on its performance. Eon Era + is 30k more priced compared to ALTO 800 Lxi varient. It's OK it is worth to pay additional cost for exterior and interior look. Now I come to my question.

Apart from style or look in which parameter Eon is better than ALTO 800?

Please answer me. Thanks in advance.
Kindly give in more parameters, precisely I can say Alto800 peppiness and service experience is better when compared to the Eon, however Eon is gives you tallboy stance where it's easy to get in/get out and better quality interiors than Alto 800. So if you're looking for pick-up oriented car involving highway drives and good presence of service centers, would suggest you buy this. If premium is preferred and there is a considerable availability of Hyundai Service centers in your city, Eon can be considered, also Eon is good for senior citizens for getting in/out.

Top Bottom