Hyundai Eon Vs Maruti Alto

Maruti Alto or Hyundai Eon?

• Total voters

350Z

Core Team
I found this funny picture of Eon on Facebook. Of course, those wheels are not fitted like that.

eon with safari tyres.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hmmm looks Eon has come to the streets already. I saw the Eon at a shopping mall and exterior looks are good , better than seen in pictures. Interiors are the best in segment!

ilango[speed thirst];108105 said:
Also higher price of spares than a maruti.
Can you quote some prices please. AFAIK a lot of Maruti spares are more expensive than other manufacturers.

and maruti has many authorized service and more importantly , authorized spares.
All manufacturers have authorised spares. As for Maruti's authorised service, they have the quantity but not quality. Hyundai service is also widespread though not as much as Maruti. But then Hyundai's re more reliable too.

For the oe maruti spare , we pay only for the spare . local manufacturer
For oe Hyundai spare , you pay for their traveling charges too. locally manufactured , but in korea !!
Who told you this? All Hyundai small cars are manufactured in India. Even the export versions. In case you buy an i10 or i20 in Korea, the car will come from the plant in India and so will the spares. In fact the Maruti gearboxes have still not been localised and a lot of the components come from Japan.

No wonder the poll is tending towards alto k10. It's way ahead of eon which has more cosmetic features.
What extra features does the K10 have over the EON?

I saw some more pictures of the EON today and it looks outright ugly to me. Seems its the worst looker from Hyundai yet and its not just limited to Hyundai, but every other car that is being launched nowadays are bad looking and out of proportion. So I am in favour of the Alto even more now.
Looks are subjective. However even I did not like it that much in the pictures but the actual car looks better.

Hmmm looks Eon has come to the streets already. I saw the Eon at a shopping mall and exterior looks are good , better than seen in pictures. Interiors are the best in segment!
It's not yet on the streets. Only the demo and TD cars have arrived.

Eon has the FRESH AIR, Alto is now obsolete. Some tweaks here & there.
Maruti-800- Alto- A Star.
Wondering what is alto still doing around.

And yes, interiors look more classy in Eon while it is very cheap in alto.

Eon has the FRESH AIR, Alto is now obsolete. Some tweaks here & there.
Maruti-800- Alto- A Star.
Wondering what is alto still doing around.
Alto is selling mainly for its best mileage and maneuverability in cities,And moreover people have good impression just because its a cheap and at the same time reliable car.

And yes, interiors look more classy in Eon while it is very cheap in alto.
All comes at a price bro,Eon looks overpriced for the buyers in this segment.

Peter, only the interiors feel better in eon. But overall hyundai cars are not that good. Their service is hopeless in Pune and mileage has always been a problem. Add to it costly spares when compared to maruti.

Almost all i10's and i20's, getz and sonatas have steering rattle. Cases are piling up on hyundai, however no solution till date, no recalls. They should be banned from India.

Sorry, but I have seen more than 350+ hyundai owners in Pune who spell more bad words than what I just wrote.

Hence the comment, they have better cosmetic features. Even if I get a hyundai car for free, I will like to throw it off the cliff, though I am aware that you have exactly opposite experience. But in Pune things are really worst if one goes with hyundai

Last edited:
Here is the comparison between MS alto LXI(800cc) and Hyundai Eon D-lite(O),now this clearly states the Alto is far better in the competition just for having a power steering and the price is price of alto LXI on-road Bangalore is round 3.50 lakhs,but the Eon D-lite(O) is 3.52 lakhs on-road Bangalore without the power steering so a buyer will definitely will see the VFM in this budget range.
Courtesy: DWS auto,Car wale
Hyundai Eon D-Lite (O) vs. Alto (800 cc) Lxi comparison, most value for money small car in India | DWS Auto India

Can you quote some prices please. AFAIK a lot of Maruti spares are more expensive than other manufacturers.

brake cylinders say swift compared to i20 , i20 is 400 to 500 more

brake shoe/brake pad , maruti uses tvs/kbx , hyundai uses mando , though locally manufactured , priced about 300 more

take the case of bumpers , wagon R bumper cost 1200/- mgp. where as a i10 cost some where near 1600

Every other engine spare , usually a new car doesnt need them all is costlier in hyundai

All manufacturers have authorised spares. As for Maruti's authorised service, they have the quantity but not quality. Hyundai service is also widespread though not as much as Maruti. But then Hyundai's re more reliable too.
MGP too have quality. No company compromise on quality of the spare.

hyndai service is wide spread, but maruti is even more wide spread and also original maruti spares are available at spares , means you can use trusted/ experianced mechanics to fix them. i bet they are far far better than in service. i have seen lot of service station , where a good mechanic is appointed and below him 3 to 5 new ones , who some times do work in a hurry and chief cannot attend all of them though its supposed to be his work .this is with reference to mechanics in hyundai, maruti , mahindra , ford ,tata.

And for the sake of original spares hyundai cars need to be serviced in the hands of unknow mechanic(acceptable) with a huge labour charges(un- acceptable)

Dont ask me where do i get original spares for the hyundai. Though we source its a difficult job plus only slightly lesser than mrp. what people in my garage save is the labour cost at hyundai

Who told you this? All Hyundai small cars are manufactured in India. Even the export versions. In case you buy an i10 or i20 in Korea, the car will come from the plant in India and so will the spares. In fact the Maruti gearboxes have still not been localised and a lot of the components come from Japan.

Rather assembled in india.

say a swift crdi pump , injector common rail have problem , you can service at tvs tata's have from bosh in some cars and tvs in some i hope. but what is in hyndai . i dont even remember that korean name though i have seen several times in my garage.

Lucas tvs head lamps are available for maruti.

Duplicate, but perfect maker- rather not duplicate brand DEPO which manufactures lights for hyundai , lancer , fiat etc and give for some what less price than the original equipment is almost bit costlier than the lucas make for maruti

What extra features does the K10 have over the EON?

No i didnt think about the features.

My views are the cost of ownership after some 3 to 5 years , when the whole of warrenty etc are void.

Looks are subjective. However even I did not like it that much in the pictures but the actual car looks better.

So of the two my choice will be a alto!! Remember i didnt mention or ever say hyundai cars are worst[evil] . Just we need to pay more for the car!

I would still not mind paying a bit more for a Hyundai. The build quality is far superior to Maruti. Rattles are much less in a Hyundai. Handling wise though the Hyundai's are not good. They're more suited to city driving. I beleive a better built car with expensive spares and higher purchase price can be more economical than the cheaper option. Add to that the peace of mind that comes with a well built car. Personally I would prefer to drive the car and enjoy it's driving pleasure rather than have it taken often to the service station, however good it may be. I cannot comment on the Hyundai longevity as my i10 is relatively new. However I have had friends do over 2L kms on Santro's and the cars are still in good nick. I have owned 2 Fiats and have done most of my driving in them and I don't regret selecting them over equivalent Maruti's despite being perceived as being expensive to own and maintain. The 800 and Omni were the only real VFM cars from Maruti. All said and done the launch of the EON is good for Alto owners too. Now that there is competition, Maruti will not be able to take Alto buyers for granted. Let's hope the EON does well. It will benefit everyone.

yep , santro and accent petrol version runs smooth for longer duration.
though a bit , remember bit more in bill at SS , you save at local garage.

BUt if my luck... is there a major repair , like say fate hmm after 5 years .. suppose...
like you hit something and got a radiator leak and drive without seeing the temp needed etc kind of stories.

will be bit saved money wise if its maruti!

yeah comfort differs, My point is just about the bills , rather

the comfort level may be a bit more than a k10. have not driven a eon still

Ultimately we all go to the A.S.S. and not to independent garages. However Bosch Garages are well equipped and can take care of modern cars. So after the warranty even a Hyundai can be taken there. Most other independent garages can take care of mechanical jobs but you have to really know the guy (or if you own the place) if you want to take your car there. Since I don't have much mechanical knowledge, I prefer to visit the A.S.S.
Regarding spares one of my friend complained to Hyundai that the Hyundai dealer was not selling spares but making customers do the job at the A.S.S. Those who had to take the part out (because the car could not be brought in) were charged for the part as well as labour. After the complain the dealer was forced to refund the labour charges for all the customers who were wrongly charged. Now you can buy Hyundai spares over the counter without any problem

According to me the Maruti Alto k10 is a far superior car than the Eon. It is firstly cheaper as compared to the Eon and it even has a more powerful engine, which makes it a better overall package!

You are right dear :)

But that time change your thinking

Coz This is 2011 alto for old man and Hyundai Eon for the new

Just Chilllllllllllllllllllllllll

Top Bottom