Hyundai Eon Vs Maruti Alto

Maruti Alto or Hyundai Eon?

• Total voters

350Z

Core Team
The poll results have come out quite interesting. Both the cars are competing almost neck to neck.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am not sure how are the initial booking figures for Eon, but it sure will create a segment on its own and eat a little into shares of Spark, Alto. Though I must say the only thing which can kill Maruti in India is Maruti itself. What is happening with the company right now will have an impact on its market presence. Again need to wait and watch.

i voted for alto. Eon looks good and packaging looks good as well. but deep in my heart, alto takes my vote. i feel alto looks nice (I'm bored of tall-boys) and with K10 engine, it is not exactly what you would call slow. sometimes you got to choose cars with your soul and not only your mind.

Oh the Poll competition is going neck-to-neck! Mainly because of the high pricing of Eon,The D-lite version without A/C Power steering costs near 3.30 lakhs on-road Bangalore whereas Alto LX with A/c is around 3.15-3.20 lakhs which is good.

Anyway Hyundai will get some shares from alto,but if Maruti gets frustrated then they will be forced to Bring in the Cervo to compete with it.

Eon Era (with AC- PS) is 3.61 L on road in pune
In 3.61 lakh we can get new Alto k10 Vxi special edition with 10 extra features.
Or one can get spark, Wagan R, Estilo , Astar , Santro base models which are 1000 cc engine
Then why any one will choose Eon ?

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-small-car-eon-codename-ha-10.html#post107036

IMO Eon is slightly overpriced - Remember entry level market is very very price sensitive.
Maruti will surely not ignore its sales but it will wait for some time to take some firm action.
+1 On that, Thats the same reason why I voted for the Alto. But the strike and chaos at Maruti can work things to Hyundai's advantage here.

Even if the base version of EON gets an A/C i would still prefer the K10 over it since both the car and engine have already proved them under Indian conditions and even then the price tag is less for Alto; and everyone knows that 1l engine it much better than 800cc engine when it comes to power and pickup. moreover the EON has more kerb weight to be borne by the small motor and the Alto has lesser (although slight) kerb weight to be handled by a 1000 cc engine.

Now as Eon is launched lets compare with its prime competitor Alto
@Mods : Please add pole if required
From the initial post, it seemed that the comparison was between Alto 800 and Eon. However, subsequent posts indicated that Alto K10 was also included. If it is so, my vote goes to Alto K10 for the simple reason that it is having 1000 cc engine in the same price range.

From the initial post, it seemed that the comparison was between Alto 800 and Eon. However, subsequent posts indicated that Alto K10 was also included. If it is so, my vote goes to Alto K10 for the simple reason that it is having 1000 cc engine in the same price range.
But Eon has targeted for both of the Alto series,if it was not then why should Maruti offer special equipments even for K10?

:offtopic: Hey vishwas nice changed avatar.
He he i was looking for that Pic many days and thought that would suit in this forum for showing my love to commercial vehicles.Sorry for going:offtopic:

I think the 'Eon' looks far sharper than the Alto on the outside and the interiors also seem a class ahead....

Hyundai is a tried and trusted brand in India and i feel the 'Eon' will be a runaway hit and will make a dent in the solid numbers that the Alto has posted till date.

Alto any day.

I have no hopes on Hyundai product. Also higher price of spares than a maruti.

and maruti has many authorized service and more importantly , authorized spares.

For the oe maruti spare , we pay only for the spare . local manufacturer

For oe Hyundai spare , you pay for their traveling charges too. locally manufactured , but in korea !!

No wonder the poll is tending towards alto k10. It's way ahead of eon which has more cosmetic features.

I saw some more pictures of the EON today and it looks outright ugly to me. Seems its the worst looker from Hyundai yet and its not just limited to Hyundai, but every other car that is being launched nowadays are bad looking and out of proportion. So I am in favour of the Alto even more now.

Top Bottom