Hyundai Eon Vs Maruti Alto

Maruti Alto or Hyundai Eon?

• Total voters
I voted for EON,

Specs are very promising on papers but need to wait for some time to check if EON is really able to rule the small car segment. If EON becomes success then Alto, A-Star will feel real heat.

No wonder it can even burry the sales of I10. [lol]

Took a test drive of EON.. Liked it.. But am in favor of alto.

Reason: THE VFM [:)] (there isn't anything to supplement 35K INR in EON Plus the nasty spare values )

Last edited:
Voted for Alto since its proved itself in a span of so many years. Although liked EOn but think its a bit pricey for an 800cc engine. People can get the hot K10 at around same price!

Thread Starter #19
After posting vote, do post why you think so, why alto ? or why Eon ?
Lets compare these cars in all aspects.

Thread Starter #21
Eon Era (with AC- PS) is 3.61 L on road in pune
In 3.61 lakh we can get new Alto k10 Vxi special edition with 10 extra features.
Or one can get spark, Wagan R, Estilo , Astar , Santro base models which are 1000 cc engine
Then why any one will choose Eon ?

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-small-car-eon-codename-ha-10.html#post107036

IMO Eon is slightly overpriced - Remember entry level market is very very price sensitive.
Maruti will surely not ignore its sales but it will wait for some time to take some firm action.

I vote for Eon coz it is fresh unlike the pale & dull alto. The interiors too are more chick & modern in Eon than alto.

Frankly, looking at Alto, it is like sitting in car of 1990s, Eon on other hand belongs to this decade & yes, despite the added features on Alto, it still remains revamped M-800 in real terms.

The monotonous interiors, cheap plastic & cutting corners externally immediately gives a feel that Alto is replacement for 2 wheeler unlike Eon.

I would rather compare Alto with Nano LX while Eon compares with A-Star & Estillo.

350Z

Core Team
I vote for Maruti Alto assuming a first time buyer who has strictly limited budget and seeking for a value for money deal. The main advantage I find in Eon is of airbag and fresh design; otherwise, it costs tad more than Alto (Comparing with K10) and then that too with 800cc engine as opposed to Alto’s 998cc. The worst part is that Eon’s base variant which lacks basic features like Air conditioner comes for a cost at which one could easily own Alto LX. Maruti Suzuki needs to focus on weeding out their decade old designs and start concentrating on safety features as well. It might help them significantly, but as of now for those who have flexible budget, upper variants of Eon do make some sense. So the bottom-line is, as someone else said, there’s sure a possibility that Hyundai Eon can eat up some shares of Alto’s sales.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I vote for EON since its new to the market , looks good and Interiors are much better than Alto. Being an Hyundai product there is no doubt in my mind it will be as reliable as other Hyundai cars.

I voted For Alto! as I was using this car for 130000KM (almost 10 years) without any problem. Alto undoubtedly a trusted,reliable car for sure.
If you look at the EON on road price the buyer at entry level will think twice before buying. In my opinion Eon will eat up santro and i10 sales.
Let us wait and See!!.

Top Bottom