Hyundai Elite i20 VTVT Asta (O) Phantom Black: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #76
The stock halogens started to feel dim, it never was that bright most times so I took the opportunity to upgrade the bulbs, decided to go with night breaker lasers. The increase in brightness and throw was not justifying the cost I paid for them, it’s was barely much over the stocks tho a tad better, returned them and decided to look for hids, but I read and some dealers told me that since it’s a single barrel with a actuator for hi and lo beam there may be isssues with flashing.
quiet a few said adding leds to halogen projectors would cause dark spots and no proper beam pattern. I decided to take the chance and order the osram leds from amazon. If at all I was not impressed I could return it back.
Installation was a breeze the driver fit into the housing and the fan has enough gap from the dust cover.
The difference was day and night, haven’t noticed it glaring any one, the throw has improved greatly and over extended use the lights have not dimmed as I have read with other led retrofit kits

also have changed the tires to yoko earth1 stuck with the same profile

attaching couple of pics

7D5CE7CE-A90E-4FCF-8C85-F984FF7E1774.jpeg
198DA414-F79C-4570-8B8C-67B8746E0290.jpeg
C62A57C0-4A2A-47D1-A505-4DED9BC0861B.jpeg
209F3BAB-B85F-46A3-80B4-CB519E1CDB9E.jpeg
9B96A397-D4DF-4990-ABA1-B62E39471918.jpeg

Thread Starter #77
Also to add, from the past year there was an alignment issue where whenever going on a straight road you needed to have a little bit of right input to keep the car going straight and If I left the steering the car would move left quickly, the dealer did an alignment for free when I was there last for another issue but that did not solve.
when getting the tires changed the alignment checked out fine but still the issue was occurring infact got bit more worse. The tire shop rechecked alignment and could not find an issue.
took the car back to the dealership and they did an alignment but the issue was the same then they calibrated the steering angle sensor sadly the issue did not fix. I had them check the suspension but they stated that if there was an issue with the suspension it would show up in the pre alignment specs.
They then got the alignment guy for a road test and in between would stop the car turn the steering right and adjust something on the left wheel, the alignment issues have sorted out but if i’m on speeds like 60-80 and trying to move onto another lane the confidence lacks, hard to explain in the right terms why but there’s a marked difference like you feel it may steer to much if trying to move left right lane changes feel fine

any ideas on what to check and make it right?
they also told me to not do alignments outside as they don’t calibrate the sensor as well as that the current alignment will not be as specs but to keep car straight

the Amaron battery which we had changed in 2018 was recently having longer cranks so I had it checked from the shop where I got it and would take for regular checks like battery water top up etc. it was in the 43rd month of 48 months of pro rata. The battery tested as unstable battery and another tested at Hyundai showed low battery. Both said the battery can be used with no issues, but I did not want to wait till it won’t start one day. The dealer gave two prices, one under the pro rata warranty price and other with a normal out of warranty swap
The normal out of warranty swap was cheaper as it followed dealer pricing and not mrp as needed for pro rata.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #78
The front windshield washer stopped working all of a sudden, the rear was functioning, since it’s of major use during the monsoons, I went over to the dealer today and also asked to check suspension noise.
the washer pump was not in stock (been finding lot of shortages with parts at Hyundai nowadays) the suspension issues were found to be from stabilizer links and the steering rack. Opted to get it changed there. (May be cheaper outside but I can’t be sure of the workmanship and certainly won’t get warranty on parts)
Total came upto 12k with a discount and alignment done free. The noise has gone and so has the alignment issue.

Thread Starter #79
Got the car for it’s 60k service, had issue of some exhaust noise under sudden acceleration from the rear side, a bit of rattle from front and the annual clutch issues, had them change the clutch slave cylinder if it’s not entirely fine will change master as well.
Hyundai dealer recommended to change control arm bushings but stated it would take a day as it needs to be sent to a machine shop to be pressed in, I decided it’s not worth the hassle so opted to change both control arms. The rear dead axel bushings too was gone but opted to get it done when I do have free time.
The exhaust clamp was leaking slightly they told me to use as is till it gets worse but being a 300 rs part just made them change it.
while doing the routine tune up (spark plugs check, throttle body clean) they found oil on the spark plugs threads on all four, the wells were dry does not seem like o ring leak and the tips of the plugs were dry, neither smoke or oil consumption was noticed, so we cannot pin point what’s the cause.
Total service costs around 16,000

oil amsoil 5w30 - 3500
Service parts and labour 13050
287BD000-1FC4-43D5-9FE4-08EC99A22F72.jpeg
618EB1D7-8141-4406-821B-C2A835A2FDA1.jpeg
02BDC816-FA0F-4C38-AA49-D1866741C642.jpeg
B047FDAF-73F7-410F-9B73-0A13721B2E4E.jpeg

Top Bottom