Hyundai Elite i20 Review & Pictures: Fashionably Elite

Hi all!! My Elite i-20 is almost 4 months old now and has clocked around 8K kms. Of late, I've started feeling that the cabin insulation has deteriorated (or maybe I didn't notice it earlier). At times, I feel as if the glasses have not been rolled up completely (I can even hear people talking outside). Is it a common issue/attribute (or however you call it) for Elite i-20's or do I have to get this highlighted to the SA during my 2nd service?

Thanks in advance for your comments/suggestions :-)

It is common in elite i20 but if it's too loud or clear sound from the outside then you can get it highlighted in the next service

It is common in elite i20 but if it's too loud or clear sound from the outside then you can get it highlighted in the next service
I don't think its common in i20 elite
instead i found cabin very silent. you have to check compartments for noisy things or sunglass in sunglass holder - such things give noise on bumpy roads. Also Tyre air pressure is very imp.

I don't think its common in i20 elite
instead i found cabin very silent. you have to check compartments for noisy things or sunglass in sunglass holder - such things give noise on bumpy roads. Also Tyre air pressure is very imp.

Verma Rahul is talking about outside noise, not inside rattle.

Verma Rahul is talking about outside noise, not inside rattle.
I am facing some rattle in my elite i20, whenever I drive on bumpy roads I can hear like something knocking on the front passenger's door,it is not heard by me when I drive on plain road.
Is any one of you also facing the same?

Last edited:
I am facing some rattle in my elite i20, whenever I drive on bumpy roads I can hear like something knocking on the front passenger's door,it is not heard by me when I drive on plain road.
Is any one of you also facing the same?
Yes Aditya, I too face the same, i removed everything from glove box and checked, but very small rattle comes from front passenger side door, unable to find from where exactly the sound coming from.

Yes Aditya, I too face the same, i removed everything from glove box and checked, but very small rattle comes from front passenger side door, unable to find from where exactly the sound coming from.
Sad to hear about your problem too.
Are you able to find out a solution for this problem, if so then share with us.

Off late I am noticing increased NVH Levels in my i20. The Suspension sound is there every time I go over speed breaker and potholes even at slow speed (<20 kmph) and the suspension has become hard. Engine clatter is also heard easily in cabin. Don't know whether these issues are specific to my car.

Off late I am noticing increased NVH Levels in my i20. The Suspension sound is there every time I go over speed breaker and potholes even at slow speed (<20 kmph) and the suspension has become hard. Engine clatter is also heard easily in cabin. Don't know whether these issues are specific to my car.
You can tell this in the service station at the time of servicing because in elite i20 the NVH levels are very low and well controlled.

You can tell this in the service station at the time of servicing because in elite i20 the NVH levels are very low and well controlled.
Everyone praised i20 for its refinement, but the diesel clatter is clearly heard in cabin and outside. Both at idling and driving. In fact if someone has driven Swift Diesel, the clatter they get when the engine is at around 1500-2000 rpm, the same clatter is heard in this 1.4 CRDi engine. Service is due next month, will highlight this problem.

Any Diesel i20 owners having same issue ?

Everyone praised i20 for its refinement, but the diesel clatter is clearly heard in cabin and outside. Both at idling and driving. In fact if someone has driven Swift Diesel, the clatter they get when the engine is at around 1500-2000 rpm, the same clatter is heard in this 1.4 CRDi engine. Service is due next month, will highlight this problem.

Any Diesel i20 owners having same issue ?
Don't know about Diesel but being a petrol owner I can say that it is well refined and their is no clatter inside the cabin, once all the doors are closed the outside world remains outside.I have to see the tachometer to check if the damn thing is on or not.

I agree to Aditya, I too own Petrol, never heard any sound from outside, sometimes I switch off the AC & Music to hear the engine noise, if AC and music is running it’s tough to hear the engine noise & only few loudest vehicle exhaust sound can audible inside the cabin like modified Royal Enfield’s thump, big buses exhaust note and Diesel auto’s ect, biggest advantage of this is when someone try to irritate me with honking , most of the time I don’t hear those honking unless ICE is off or window glass is down.

Guys, I hope you understand that Petrol engines are smooth as butter. I also have a petrol car i.e Honda Brio. I don't have any doubts regarding the refinement of any petrol car barring some 3 Cylinder ones. Petrol i20 doesn't have this problem, i was talking about diesel, although the vibrations are very low, the engine is very much audible.

I shall test the NVH levels later. May be that'll give me an idea.

Top Bottom