Hyundai Elite i20 Review & Pictures: Fashionably Elite

I had a chat with my service station and they acknowledged that its a know issue with the avn's software and hyundai is working towards a fix
Ok. Lets see how soon they fix
Pls post to me once anyone get software update and got this fixed...
I got call from Hyundai Dealer and they asked me to capture and provide video showing the exact issue and by chance after 2 days I face the same issue of AVN not opening after starting the car and I have started capturing on mobile camera. then I have switched off the car and start again but AVN not opened then I come out from the car and press button to lock the car and on next press to open car (yet door off and I have not entered in car) AVN starts - At that time I was outside of the car. The whole clip I have given to dealer and they are sending this to Hyundai India (they told me that this is random issue and Hyundai is planning to change entire AVN system with some other one). They will update me once my ticket get answered. I will update you all on this. and if any one of you find this random issue then I suggest to post it to Hyundai India.
Between I want to ask one question. When you unlock the car and enter in the car. Are you able to open AVN by pressing its power button(without first pressing push button power start) Generally it should not happen because without pressing car power button no instrument should start?

mine too can be started just after unlocking the car and before actually switching on the engine via start stop button.
and please keep us posted about its status.

Hi guys

My brother bought an elite I20 with avn. I would like to know how to update the maps on the sd card that comes with the avn

yesterday my brother unlocked his i20 and got in and the avn didnt start at all. even the physical buttons on the avn didnt light up. he got out and locked the car and unlocked again and the avn worked? Did anyone face this issue?

yesterday my brother unlocked his i20 and got in and the avn didnt start at all. even the physical buttons on the avn didnt light up. he got out and locked the car and unlocked again and the avn worked? Did anyone face this issue?
Yes, I am facing the same issue but not daily its random or happening on certain time interval. even in off car if you just unlock the car and AVN starts without pressing power on button My dealer customer car told me that its bug with i20 AVN and hyundai will change entire AVN system to overcome this...i have given them my car video and they have raised my complaint to thier HO.

Still on AVN no response from HMI. Anyone else facing such issues and posted to Hyundai??
Between i have checked mileage properly for highway and i got 16KMPL
before starting highway journey - I have filled 5 Ltr Petrol(on empty tank - reserve light just came up before 1km) and then i reset to Trip B to 0 and drove it on highway on 80 to 100kmph. exactly passing 80km on my Trip B it went to reserve state and yellow low fuel light blinked. so I got average of 16KMPL (80Km/5Ltr).
In city it drastically reduce to 10 to 11kmpl only.

Hello guys,
My elite i20 (Asta VTVT)– 2200 km run having a breaking sound issue, is it something I have to take it seriously? Please advise.
While coming out of my office parking in evening (car has been idle for around 9 hours ), there is small slope ( around 2 feet slanting slope ) to enter in to main road, at this particular point when I break (softly or hardly ) there is good vibration sound coming, if I break hard the sound is more, it’s like the car is slipping in sandy surface , only at this particular spot I am facing this sound almost every time, no other places I have this problem, there is no problem in the cemented surface, what could be wrong in the car, I haven’t reported to Hyundai customer care about this, is there anything serious ? Anybody faced this kind of issue?

what kind of sound. the vibration felt on the brake peddle is abs trying to control the slipping of tyre due to slant

Still on AVN no response from HMI. Anyone else facing such issues and posted to Hyundai??
Between i have checked mileage properly for highway and i got 16KMPL
before starting highway journey - I have filled 5 Ltr Petrol(on empty tank - reserve light just came up before 1km) and then i reset to Trip B to 0 and drove it on highway on 80 to 100kmph. exactly passing 80km on my Trip B it went to reserve state and yellow low fuel light blinked. so I got average of 16KMPL (80Km/5Ltr).
In city it drastically reduce to 10 to 11kmpl only.
still the same status, no information has been received about the avn problems

what kind of sound. the vibration felt on the brake peddle is abs trying to control the slipping of tyre due to slant

I was wondering whether it’s a abs control sound, the sound is like when you apply break and if the car slips over sand, but if abs is working does the abs light comes up in the dashboard ? and the surface is not slippery at all .

Hi,
I have got short antenna, like the one in the image from amazon.com , I have no idea how to change this, can somebody explain me how to replace this, does the screw in the car is removable?

anteena.jpg

Hi,
I have got short antenna, like the one in the image from amazon.com , I have no idea how to change this, can somebody explain me how to replace this, does the screw in the car is removable?

View attachment 185463
The antenna on the car is removable.
Simply turn it anticlockwise to remove it
Can you share the price and URL of the same

Last edited:

Top Bottom