Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Re: Hyundai Elite i20: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Note: Thread Now Live.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for the detailed review and the lovely pictures. i20 is a very practical car and seems to have improved in nearly every way with this version. Also good to know Hyundai is giving airbags option with the Sports variant, unlike what they did with Gi10. I believe i20s real competitor will come only next year with the launch of Honda Jazz, if Honda prices it sanely that is!

Last edited:

Awesome review. Greats Pictures as well !![clap][clap]
New Elite i20 looks great in dark shades (Red or Blue). If I see the car without the manufacture logo, then from most of the angle i found its an European car.

The MID is surely miss few basic information like Average Fuel consumption or distance to Empty.[frustration]

Hyundai is always much ahead than its competitor than its all rivals in each car segment specially for the Equipments and detailing. They bang it once again..

The MID is surely miss few basic information like Average Fuel consumption or distance to Empty.[frustration]
Yeah thats insane. I don't think Hyundai provides those in any of its petrol hatchbacks in India. I read somewhere that the above features are available in variants sold overseas, but for India they have disabled these features...

Awesome review 350z. Was waiting eagerly for this writup and you did full justice :)

My Mom has booked passion red and are waiting for the delivery during the navratras. [:)]

Pluses from my side when i took a test drive last week.
  • Killer looks : the car looks so much better in person.
  • Dependeable engine : power is great and peppy acceleration make it fun to drive.
  • Awesome NVH levels and extremely silent cabin. My mom asked the SE why does the horn sound so low while she was driving and he politely lowered the windows and asked her to horn again. You could see the grin on his face. :D
  • Gears are butter smooth.
  • Absorptive suspension. I intentionally took the car on a pothole and was pleasently surprised.
  • Doors are heavy. Like the thud sound you get when you close them.
  • High quality interiors. Everything oozes premium and eliteness.
  • Driver arm rest is a welcome addon.
  • Steering: Extremely light at slow speeds, gains weight on speed. My dad loved it.Will be a boon for city driving.
  • The alloys are just stunning. Beautiful finishing.

Minuses
  • The MID has no Average FE and Distance to Empty. Cant understand why such a basix feature is not there.
Overall it is a great package and after the santro, we are back with Hyundai after a 12 year gap.

Another gem of a review. Hats off marshal . Can it get more detailed and comprehensive than this? I doubt! Rated it a much deserved 5 stars.

Great review! As usual Hyundai is setting the benchmark for hatches in India. Could have done without the cost saving measures though. With the premium pricing, rear disc brakes, DTE and average fuel consumption would have completed the package.

Great review sir[:)] though i did not like the front much but from back it looks killer and resembles alfa romeo giulietta do you have any shot of those led tail lamps in action? Am unable to view many photos :confused:

Awesome review. [thumbswink]

Yeah thats insane. I don't think Hyundai provides those in any of its petrol hatchbacks in India. I read somewhere that the above features are available in variants sold overseas, but for India they have disabled these features...
I hope hyundai brings back those features when they launch the automatic version of the elite i20..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #27

350Z

Core Team

Thanks for the detailed review and the lovely pictures.
Awesome review. Greats Pictures as well !!
Another gem of a review. Hats off marshal . Can it get more detailed and comprehensive than this? I doubt! Rated it a much deserved 5 stars.
Thanks! :smile:

Awesome review 350z. Was waiting eagerly for this writup and you did full justice :)

My Mom has booked passion red and are waiting for the delivery during the navratras.
Congrats again, Nitin. Spot on observation. The kind of response Hyundai cars are receiving sometimes makes me believe it's the next Maruti Suzuki of India. It's only a matter of time when Elite i20 will be flooded on the roads. Hopefully yours will be the first ever ownership review. I'm eagerly looking forward to one.

and next week they are increasing the prices. Was told by the SE who had come to collect the cheque.
By how much? Is the price hike applicable only to i20 or includes all the Hyundai cars?

do you have any shot of those led tail lamps in action? Am unable to view many photos
Please reload the page if pictures are still not appearing. This is the only best close-up shot I have of the taillamp turned on. I'm sure they look much better at night.

Hyundai-Elite-i20-Taillamps.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for giving some in-depth review. If only they could have launched it months before, I could have gone with this. Hyundai known for being creature comfort and this car is not different.

Noticed a E-i20 on road today and was amazed to see the design. I was like, Wow! is this new i20!! That's some nice design concept from Hyundai, especially blackened C pillar gives it a different dimension.

Once again, Nice review.

@350z , The price hike will be applicable on all Hyundai cars.

Dear 350Z,

Thanks for giving very detailed review.

As an Hyundai car owner we liked very much about this Elite i20 features and look.

thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards,
kiran

Top Bottom