Hyundai Creta SX Diesel AT Facelift (2018): Test Drive

Thread Starter #1
Creta SX Diesel AT
So i had the opportunity to drive a Hyundai Creta SX Diesel Automatic 2018, below are my views of the car:
1.6L 4cyl Torque Convertor AT
126bhp@4000rpm / 260nm@1500rpm
Power/ weight ratio : 97bhp/ton
Powerful and Fast.
Smooth and refined.
Proper automatic, gearshift is not felt at all, no jerks, abrupt gear changes even on Ghats
Front Seat: Well cushioned, good under thigh support, good lumbar support and comfortable.
Back Seat: again, very comfortable with great recline angle and lots of legroom, minimal floor hump.
NVH: Above average, still you can hear the engine noise, road noise, and outside noise.
Bootspace : 403Ltr Boot space, lesser than the competitors, but sufficient.
GC: 190mm
Steering & Suspension: Absolutely balanced for City and High speeds. Gives a very comfortable ride.No nervousness at extreme expressway speeds. Stunning solidity at high speeds.
Features :
  • 1.6L Petrol & Diesel
  • 1.4L Diesel (Discontinued)
  • ABS with EBD / Brake Assist / ESP / Hill-Hold Assist
  • 6 Airbags
  • Speed Sensing Doorlock
  • Leather upholstery
  • Auto AC
  • Revere Camera with Guidance
  • Keyless Button Start
  • Halogen projector
  • Follow me home headlamps
  • Touchscreen Infotainment with GPS navigation
  • Sunroof
  • Wireless Phone charging
  • Electrically Adjustable Driver Seat
  • Smart Key Band
  • And many more....
The 2020 Creta offers even more Comfort, Reliability, Safety and Convenience features, though the engine figures are slightly lower.
A very strong contender in the segment, if you are in the market for a New Creta or a pre-owned Creta, you can book the car and bring it home because you can't go wrong with this car. My personal opinion.

Creta SX Diesel AT
So i had the opportunity to drive a Hyundai Creta SX Diesel Automatic 2018, below are my views of the car:
1.6L 4cyl Torque Convertor AT
126bhp@4000rpm / 260nm@1500rpm
Power/ weight ratio : 97bhp/ton
Powerful and Fast.
Smooth and refined.
Proper automatic, gearshift is not felt at all, no jerks, abrupt gear changes even on Ghats
Front Seat: Well cushioned, good under thigh support, good lumbar support and comfortable.
Back Seat: again, very comfortable with great recline angle and lots of legroom, minimal floor hump.
NVH: Above average, still you can hear the engine noise, road noise, and outside noise.
Bootspace : 403Ltr Boot space, lesser than the competitors, but sufficient.
GC: 190mm
Steering & Suspension: Absolutely balanced for City and High speeds. Gives a very comfortable ride.No nervousness at extreme expressway speeds. Stunning solidity at high speeds.
Features :
  • 1.6L Petrol & Diesel
  • 1.4L Diesel (Discontinued)
  • ABS with EBD / Brake Assist / ESP / Hill-Hold Assist
  • 6 Airbags
  • Speed Sensing Doorlock
  • Leather upholstery
  • Auto AC
  • Revere Camera with Guidance
  • Keyless Button Start
  • Halogen projector
  • Follow me home headlamps
  • Touchscreen Infotainment with GPS navigation
  • Sunroof
  • Wireless Phone charging
  • Electrically Adjustable Driver Seat
  • Smart Key Band
  • And many more....
The 2020 Creta offers even more Comfort, Reliability, Safety and Convenience features, though the engine figures are slightly lower.
A very strong contender in the segment, if you are in the market for a New Creta or a pre-owned Creta, you can book the car and bring it home because you can't go wrong with this car. My personal opinion.
How about safety brother? Fingers crossed after the Seltos scam. Also many "informed" people feel that it's overpriced

Thread Starter #4
How about safety brother? Fingers crossed after the Seltos scam. Also many "informed" people feel that it's overpriced
There are cars selling in huge numbers without any NCAP ratings or poor ratings too.
though after spending a good amount of time with the car,
I feel the Creta is a heavy and sturdy car and gives you a feeling of safety with 6 Airbags and other safety features like ABS,ESP,BA et.al

Just like @DJ bro why not share your review video too?

Regards

Akash
The 1st link in the post is the link to my Youtube Video on CRETA
I guess ill have to edit the post so that people can see the video review too.

There are cars selling in huge numbers without any NCAP ratings or poor ratings too.
though after spending a good amount of time with the car,
I feel the Creta is a heavy and sturdy car and gives you a feeling of safety with 6 Airbags and other safety features like ABS,ESP,BA et.al
Sorry, but I beg to differ. You have spoken about the old gen Creta. But the New one doesn't seem to have the assurance of the old in terms of safety and strength though. I suppose you already know that safety features are only secondary. The first thing is crash prevention and crash protection. ESP, Traction control are essential for preventing a crash and despite being significantly expensive than the compact SUVs, the Creta and Seltos provides them only on top Variants. Then there is the crash rating which will be good only if the shell is strong enough. We all know how that went with the Seltos. So no hopes for the Creta now.

Thread Starter #6
But all the variants come with an AHSS (Advanced High-Strength Steel) body which adds to the safety & strength of the car.
but, yes, I agree that all the cars on Indian roads should be of high Safety standards and we deserve to drive safer cars.[thumbsup]

But all the variants come with an AHSS (Advanced High-Strength Steel) body which adds to the safety & strength of the car.
but, yes, I agree that all the cars on Indian roads should be of high Safety standards and we deserve to drive safer cars.[thumbsup]
And they also showed a pic with a CG elephant on the roof! After the Seltos debacle, do you still believe it? I can't imagine a 21L rupee car having a safety score less than a Maruti Ignis. Hyundai and Suzuki should stop this double standard.

Top Bottom