Hyundai Creta Diesel SX(O) MT Review

Hi Friends,

On Thursday 28th Jan 2016 at around 9:15 PM, I faced major issue in my Creta 1.6 CRDI SX . There was sudden Jerk from Clutch and immediately the vehicle stopped and not able to engage any Gears. Clutch becomes rubbery and not to able move the Vehicle.
Thought of Clurch plate issue but within 4 months I don't think it will wear so quickly.
Called the Hyundai Emergency and within 1 hour they towed my Creta to Advaith Hyundai service centre, Vasanth Nagar and I left for home at around 11:30 PM.

On next day I came to Service centre and explained them about the issue and he started the Car and to my surprise the car moved and Gears were engaging like normal.

I was bit worried about the situation & they told me since this Hydraulic Clutch might got over heat and stopped engaging. I wanted to understand what was the issue, they called their Chennai team about this issue and ask me to drop the Vehicle on Sunday evening as their Chennai team are visiting their Service Centre to check my Vehicle. Dropped my Car and discussed with team and told me they will check completely and revert by today 01-Feb 2015 evening and awaiting for the Results.

Will keep update about this once I got my Car.

Update on my Creta 1.6SX Clutch issue - Chennai Technical Team has checked thoroughly the Clutch assembly and found some bubbles in the Clutch Cylinder which has been cleared all the pipes and in whole assembly.

Now the Clutch is little hard, after some days it will be smooth as informed by Service guys. As of now there is no issue. Will have to wait for some days.... month.. years [:)] if it reoccurs.

Enjoying now the drive.

Thread Starter #48

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Perfect SUV 'Hyundai CRETA' Records over 1 Lakh Bookings

- Fastest Hyundai Car to achieve over 1 lakh bookings and 5 lakh enquiries in 8 months-

- More than 16,000 CRETA exported-

- ICOTY 2016 winner becomes largest selling brand in the above 10 lakh segment-

- Most awarded SUV of 2016 with 26 awards -

New Delhi, March 15, 2016: Hyundai Motor India, the country’s largest auto exporter and the second largest car manufacturer, has achieved yet another milestone with over 1 lakh bookings, 5 lakh enquiries and 56,000 units delivered of the Perfect SUV- Hyundai CRETA.

Marking the World Premiere of the CRETA in India on July 23, 2015, this landmark was achieved within 8 months of launch. Winning 26 awards in the year 2015-16 including the prestigious Indian Car of the Year (ICOTY) 2016, the Perfect SUV, CRETA has been the most recognized and awarded car of the year.

Commenting on the milestone, Mr. YK Koo, Managing Director & CEO, HMIL said, “We thank our customers for the tremendous response with the record fastest 1 lakh bookings in 8 months. Like in the domestic market, CRETA has generated great response in Global markets with more than 28,000 orders. To reduce the waiting period, we are increasing CRETA production by 30% to total production of 13,000 units of which 10,000 units will be allocated for the domestic market.”

Hyundai is a new age brand and under the modern premium brand direction has set benchmarks in the SUV segment. With CRETA, HMIL has strengthened its position in the SUV segment in India and has demonstrated excellence of ‘Made in India’ products as per global standards.

The CRETA has received an overwhelming response in the Indian market and also in global markets such as Latin America (Colombia, Costa Rica, Peru & Panama), Middle East (Oman, UAE, Saudi) and Africa (Egypt, Morocco & Nigeria). Hyundai will continue to maintain its leadership position in the export market with the strong sales of CRETA.

CRETA is one of the toughest and strongest SUVs in its segment. CRETA is designed with strong ‘Hive Structure’ body shell that denotes high structural strength stability and sturdiness.

Hyundai offers Best-in-class warranty with 3 Years Unlimited Kilometers and First- in-class to offer 6 speed Automatic Transmission in Diesel variant to all CRETA customers.

The CRETA is available in three engine options – 1.6 Gamma Dual VTVT, 1.6 U2 CRDi VGT, 1.4 U2 CRDi –tuned for best performance and fuel efficiency. Based on Hyundai Motor’s evolved Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 Design philosophy, CRETA demonstrates all the essential attributes of dynamism, comfort, safety and style making it a revolutionary product in the Indian car market.
Official

Regards

Akash

Update on my Creta 1.6SX Clutch issue - Chennai Technical Team has checked thoroughly the Clutch assembly and found some bubbles in the Clutch Cylinder which has been cleared all the pipes and in whole assembly.

Now the Clutch is little hard, after some days it will be smooth as informed by Service guys. As of now there is no issue. Will have to wait for some days.... month.. years [:)] if it reoccurs.

Enjoying now the drive.
Hello Chidu,
Can you please let me know if your Creta is running fine without the clutch issue that you have mentioned in Feb-2016 ? Was there any re-occurrence of the issue ?

Regards
kmsithan

I bought my Creta 1.4 S+ in August 2016. I have done 3500 kms since then. I have felt the car nice in ergonomics and have been driving it with much enthusiasm. It just takes corners in stride and never felt body roll. It's comfortable taking over potholes and feel 1.4 engine has quite a good punch and never felt that 1.6L could have been better. Engine and gearbox have been really lovely and so is the AC. Chilling quite well even on speed 1, I had to increase temp unable to bear the chill.

But there have been quite a few negatives that are significant for the money I have spent. At 14.7 Lakhs on road Hyderabad, I expected a refined car. The Windows don't shut smooth and clunks hard into the door. Smooth is not a term worthy as it operates worst than some small cars. The seats are not at all ergonomic and the back rest is flat. I already have some lumbar spondylitis and it has worsened it. I had to buy an after market lumbar adjust to support my back. Also seating position has not been the good point. I am 6 ft and tried all height adjustments but to no anvil. The foot rest if kept to exact length, I have a problem in complete depressing the clutch and have to lug forward. Over all I never could find a comfy seating position and had to compromise. The audio system is too native and as you already you mentioned you need to 'Agree' every time and that it irritating. Also all the function cannot be accessed through the steering controls and you need to keep poking the on dash system which is irritating. Once on mute you receive a call the audio system un-muted once you end the call. T=You cannot navigate through features through the on wheel buttons. The navigation system from Map My India is too native and not many point can be searched. We do not have options to add or update points on the maps. the service adviser himself admitted that this is native and has many flaws. The are still in upgrading the Maps.

There is quite some uneven bounce in the suspension and does not absorb all the potholes. The ABS is the worst ever after Swift Dezire. Once was on a mud laced patch tarmac under bridge and had to apply sudden break. I thought some stones hit the under body, engine mechanicals or the wheel well. I another instance I felt as it the break pad came off. Such huge are sounds heard in the suspension on bad patches. I have owned and driven a Vista, Scorpio, Skoda Octavia and a Mahindra XUV 5oo.

The car has still a lot to desire for what you invest especially when you are touching a price north of 17 Lakhs.

I bought my Creta 1.4 S+ in August 2016. I have done 3500 kms since then. I have felt the car nice in ergonomics and have been driving it with much enthusiasm. It just takes corners in stride and never felt body roll. It's comfortable taking over potholes and feel 1.4 engine has quite a good punch and never felt that 1.6L could have been better. Engine and gearbox have been really lovely and so is the AC. Chilling quite well even on speed 1, I had to increase temp unable to bear the chill.

But there have been quite a few negatives that are significant for the money I have spent. At 14.7 Lakhs on road Hyderabad, I expected a refined car. The Windows don't shut smooth and clunks hard into the door. Smooth is not a term worthy as it operates worst than some small cars. The seats are not at all ergonomic and the back rest is flat. I already have some lumbar spondylitis and it has worsened it. I had to buy an after market lumbar adjust to support my back. Also seating position has not been the good point. I am 6 ft and tried all height adjustments but to no anvil. The foot rest if kept to exact length, I have a problem in complete depressing the clutch and have to lug forward. Over all I never could find a comfy seating position and had to compromise. The audio system is too native and as you already you mentioned you need to 'Agree' every time and that it irritating. Also all the function cannot be accessed through the steering controls and you need to keep poking the on dash system which is irritating. Once on mute you receive a call the audio system un-muted once you end the call. T=You cannot navigate through features through the on wheel buttons. The navigation system from Map My India is too native and not many point can be searched. We do not have options to add or update points on the maps. the service adviser himself admitted that this is native and has many flaws. The are still in upgrading the Maps.

There is quite some uneven bounce in the suspension and does not absorb all the potholes. The ABS is the worst ever after Swift Dezire. Once was on a mud laced patch tarmac under bridge and had to apply sudden break. I thought some stones hit the under body, engine mechanicals or the wheel well. I another instance I felt as it the break pad came off. Such huge are sounds heard in the suspension on bad patches. I have owned and driven a Vista, Scorpio, Skoda Octavia and a Mahindra XUV 5oo.

The car has still a lot to desire for what you invest especially when you are touching a price north of 17 Lakhs.
Thanks for your review on Creta 1.4 CRDI Dr.Shantan.We are thinking to book Creta and confused whether we should buy 1.4 S+ CRDI or 1.6 SX CRDI.Our other ride is Innova and thinking to buy Creta for city usage.So,how much FE you are getting in city and highways?

And,1.6 CRDI users,how much FE you are getting in city and highways?

What is the FE for the diesel AT in city and highway.
Is there any chance of creta getting cruise control in coming 3-4 months?
Can anybody confirm what new things have been added in the 2017 model of creta along with the apple carplay and Android auto?
Also is there any review for creta crdi at?
I am confused between duster dci at vs creta crdi at both top end.

Last edited:
my plan is to upgrade from i20 -2012 model.

I am confused between Creta and Verna 2017.both are good and share the same engine.creta is bulky and less aerodynamic compare to Verna.
Which is better with respect to high speed stability and comfort?
I am yet to test drive Verna 2017.

Thread Starter #59

Akash1886

Honoured Member
my plan is to upgrade from i20 -2012 model.

I am confused between Creta and Verna 2017.both are good and share the same engine.creta is bulky and less aerodynamic compare to Verna.
Which is better with respect to high speed stability and comfort?
I am yet to test drive Verna 2017.
In my view, if you have time then do wait for the Creta facelift. Test Drive it and then test drive the new Verna. Based on experience of both, the decision will be much more easy considering that both the cars will be of present generation. I believe the upcoming Creta Facelift would be a notch or two better than the present model.

Regards

Akash

For us, Creta has been a great choice. Ours has just clocked over 75k kms in 2 and half years. (Ertiga at 1.08L kms in 3 years and Amaze at 6.5k kms in 2 months :P) and the experience has been awesome. The refinement of diesel is unmatched and the highway range is just mind blowing. For the family of 4 or 5, it is a great choice. No doubt prices have shot up over time but still a commendable package. Aside from a clutch failure at 9k kms, and a condensor failure at 32k kms, nothing has gone wrong as such. Loving the experience aside from slightly premium servicing costs but again not too concerning.

Top Bottom