Hyundai Creta 2020 Reverse Light Polarity

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently purchased 2nd generation Creta 2020 and have initiated small yet tasteful modifications on the car.
In pursuit of the same, I looked into replacing various halogen bulbs on the car with better lighting options and found that reversing light has P21W size from user manual. Immediately, ordered the Philips Ultinon P21W LED bulbs from Amazon and the same were delivered to me promptly. I've done such small upgrades in the past also, so was well versed with usual DIY process.
Stock P21W Halogen Bulb:
P21W Halogen.JPG

Philips Ultinon P21W LED:
P21W LED.JPG

However, soon I hit a roadblock after installing the bulbs when none of them got lit up. I checked all connections and diagnosed the problem to be of inverted polarity.
Philips Reversing Polarity Manual.JPG

The issue is that Philips Ultinon P21W LEDs have unidirectional polarity due to inherent nature of diodes while the stock halogen bulbs of Creta had no polarity since Thomas Edison developed halogens to operate irrespective of polarity [gun]. I don't know the reason why but Hyundai has provided P21W holder/adapter with reversed polarity. What this means is that the terminal that is supposed to be positive as per electronics standards is actually negative and vise versa.

I'm looking forward to solution for this problem in either of the 2 ways:
1. Get a connection cable that can invert the polarity. This is the cleanest and easiest way to achieve the goal.
2. Get a custom adapter wherein the polarity could be corrected in bulb base contact points.

Please note that CanBus should be ruled out from the issues and I've manually tested the LEDs to be in working state by reversing the polarity manually for testing only. Also, I know this issue could be very easily solved by cutting and rejoining the wires in inverted manner but I'm not looking into splicing/cutting of any wires due to Warranty restrictions and to avoid any future waterlogged driving after effects.

I need the forum members to identify the type of cable connector from the below pictures so that I could order an extension for the same with inverted polarity/ configurable polarity.

Below are some of the pictures of the connection cable and connector for your reference.

Reflector shroud locking mechanism:
Reflector Shroud.JPG

P21W Bulb Base:
Adapter base 1.JPG

Adapter base 2.JPG

Wire Connector:
Wire Connector 1.JPG

deville_56

Honoured Member
Options:
1. Remove clips from connector and re-insert in correct polarity.
2. Buy male and female clips and make an extension and reverse the connection.
3. Worst case scenario, cut and reverse the wires, which no one like to do

Top Bottom