Hyundai Creta 1.4 CRDi A/C Compressor Failure at 91K Kms

Thread Starter #17
Issue was just leaky pipes. Replaced them. Huge relief. Total 6k including periodical services. Hyundai ASC was the one who claimed compressor is doomed.
Oh great to know that it wasn’t a failed compressor. I take it a FNG did the diagnosis and fix for this one right?

It happened with my Creta 2016 petrol with just 38K on odometer. Regular servicing at HASS since the 2016.
I was on way to Katra from Delhi. The cooling stopped some where near Karnal. I got it checked at Goyal HASS at Ludhiana. Too my greatest surprised the technician told me that compressor has failed and quoted 40K for the complete job which includes changing of coils, condenser and compressor. I was shocked the hear that AC can fail at just 38K even if the car was maintained properly.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
There's no need to change coils or any other parts if the oil in the compressor hasn't turned black. Get your car checked from a good fng and you can get the job done within 15k.
Or you can change this part in the compressor. This will cost you total of 5k but will work depending on your luck. Mine worked for 8 months in my verna
IMG_20230615_201717.jpg
IMG_20230615_201713.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom