Hyundai Accent Executive - 8000 km Review

Thread Starter #1
Was trying for upgrade from 9 years old Santro which has served me well. Budget initially was 4-5 lakhs. tried Punto, Getz at that time. Punto was dropped due to lag in pick initally, also interior was not very appealing.

I was also looking for an upgrade from 1 ltr /1.2 ltr to higher grade level.

Initial search is then moved to I20. Since we have already an exp with Hyundai and its services family was keen to buy from Hyundai itself.
sales guy bought car to home, TD done , Space factor is gud but i was disappointed with intial pick up . didnt feel much pick from 3rd gear other than revin more. Since back then the engine was same as of i10 1.2 kappa the feeling of power was less. also the price was nearing 5.5 lk.

Then sales guy said go for accent . Its packed with features only thing is its one model which has been a while being launched. nearing to phase out stages now. Any how i decided to try a TD. next day sales guy called and gave a TD car. I was surprised with the pack of features for the model.
interior looks executive with wooden finish, leather wrapped steering cover and gear knob. Sitting position was good added with features like steering adjustability , power steering, braking, Defogger , Immobilizer . Price range coming around 5.5 on road. after disc 5.3. Immediately fell in love with the car with such class interior. Td drove it. couldn't drive much but car felt smooth with long gear length [:)]. Felt drive comfortable a far better from Santro.

Discussed with parents and decided to go with Accent metallic grey. price range after discounts ranged to 5.3 lakh. Dealer offered seat cover, mat as offer.

Drive as cool since till first service there was limit in speed didnt rev much. car was smooth for city drive. drive position is gud. steering light.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Muni, welcome to The Automotive India and congratulations! Please share some pictures of the car and also the experience up till now. Looking forward to it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Went for long trip. The car felt good in highway with smooth accelerate . Mileage i thk ws gettin around 13-14 in high way. Since limit was on i kept the car under 80 while driving. But door was squeaking in uneven roads. but handling and ride comfort was there.This was fixed in first service.

Maximum speed touched was 140km with car full(5 adults). Speed was taken in tissur- palaghat by pass stretch . We where returning from Valparayi, Car full with 5 adults. Decided to try top speed. Upto 135 I felt smooth , There was no difference or shake or anythg. But as soon as car touched 140 I felt a slight vibration in steering.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
I am satisfied with all accept the pick up of the Car. I felt santro more powerfull in case of initial pick up.
Esp when we drove minor uphill and car is in second gear and rpm below 1 we will feel a major pulling prob. We need to chge gear and rev to cover it. If RPM is above 2 then car flows with the touch of pedal .
Can any one suggest how to increase the pick of the car. for two services the dealer said they have cleaned the air filter it ll be ok,, but i feel the car is like tat. There is a limit with the pickup. Is there any other option to increase the performance of the car ?

Waiting for valuable suggestions. Thanks in advance

will post pics and ICE details(Alpine) , also vanquish seat covers

Hello Muni welcome to TAI , Accent is one VFM car but many people don't prefer it now because of its age old dated design. Please post pictures of your ride.

Thread Starter #10
Driving experience-
Even though there is an initial lag in 2ng gear the car overall is very smooth to drive. Especially in city. Suspension is also good. Ac is very chilling. Chills the car within seconds. Everyone use to complaint and ask to reduce the Temp [:D]. FE I think am getting around 13-14 in highways and 9-11 in city(AC on full time). Tiltable steering is very good feature indeed. During long drive adjusted steering helps a lot from tiring the hands. In Santro hands use to tire during long drive cause of height. But since Accent seating is very low we will get a good control on road and steering wheel.
Pos +

• · Very smooth to drive
  • · Classy Executive Interior
  • · Low seating position with adjustable steering is adv in case of long drive
  • · Gear Length
  • · Good Road grip in high speeds
  • · Chilling AC
Neg –

• · Low pickup in 2nd gear Ac on
  • · Back Seat Slant not very appropriate
  • · FE is low
  • · Squeaking Sound from door’s while going through uneven roads

Thread Starter #14
Thank you . Seat Cover is from Vanquish Leather (PU Leather). Total cost including steering grip came around 11 k. Seating comfort has increased with this fitting. They have given a support in lower back bone which is a great boost while driving long distance [clap]
Also my friends commented back seating comfort has increased with this new fitting. Only thing is due to butterscotch seat color maintaining the seat is a little bit of problem.

Can anyone suggest which polish or cleaner can be used to clean the seat covers ?

What I find is more comfortable the seat is more backache you get.
When I drive my falcon i get backache but when I drive my skyline i feel good .

to clean and keep ur interior safe.. for the leather you need armor all leather protection with U/V.

Top Bottom