Hunt For a New Cell Phone Begins! (Bought Samsung Galaxy Y)

Re: Hunt For a New Cell Phone Begins!

equinox though is a good mobile, sony traditional charging port sucks
but i think this mobile doesnt fit the bill for 350z, he may get a better model in his budget

equinox though is a good mobile, sony traditional charging port sucks
+1. The charger port is prone to damages. Except for that, Equinox is a great buy, though the budget must be extended to get one.

+1. The charger port is prone to damages. Except for that, Equinox is a great buy, though the budget must be extended to get one.
I have not used any Sony Ericsson handset before, so not aware of its charging port, but even after buying a Nokia X2-01, I am still looking for Equinox.
There can be 2 good handsets in 7,000 rather than one.

I have not used any Sony Ericsson handset before, so not aware of its charging port, but even after buying a Nokia X2-01, I am still looking for Equinox.
There can be 2 good handsets in 7,000 rather than one.
I have used 3 SE phones and every phone gave me this "Charging port" problem. But like emperor said, if it has the same old charging slot, then imo stay away from Equinox.

AMG

Suspended

Here's a comparo between the 8520 and the Nokia E5

Comparo

Oh, and do yourself a favour.
Buy it in this colour.

@350Z the Galaxy Y is a good buy, I know a person who owns it. The phone is good has GPS with Google Maps in it. Only drawback in it I saw is the keyboard for sending messages vertically, the letters are too close to each other & mistakes could happen, takes some time to get used to, Camera is not that great just 2MP, I say this phone is good entry level android & its VFM

IMHO, save some more cash and go for the Samsung galaxy S2. Nice phone and moreover good applications available on their marketplace.

Just came across new Samsung Galaxy Y. Looks to be somewhat VFM: Welcome to Your New Smart Life - Galaxy Y - Smartphone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

Drive Safe,
350Z
waste of money better get more high end mobile then wasting money on it . look at its internal memory so low + low ram (will make you rip apart your hair in multitasking )

If you want android mobile then only go for mobile which have atleast 512 ram and 1GB internal memory

waste of money better get more high end mobile then wasting money on it . look at its internal memory so low + low ram (will make you rip apart your hair in multitasking )

If you want android mobile then only go for mobile which have atleast 512 ram and 1GB internal memory
i agree, you wont enjoy any android handsets without memory.Extent your budget and go for Lg Optimus or Sammy Galaxy SI.

Thread Starter #56

350Z

Core Team

Thanks for the opinions. I have decided to finalize within a month. Still shuffling between the models. I’m now open for touch screen option as well and keeping the budget limited to around. Rs.8,000 more or less. Help?

Drive Safe,
350Z

zengetz

Suspended

Best VFM go for the LG Optimus P500, Its my second phone alongside my Xperia Arc and the phone is very very good. I get about 200+ emails and never did it let me down. Only downside is lack of Flash for the camera (Not at all important for me though).

When I picked it up it was for around 10500 about 5-6 months back. Was loaded with Android Froyo. But I have upgraded it to Android Gingerbread.

Battery Lasts all day and I charge it during the night. The touch screen is also very responsive with both landscape and potrait mode.

I use the 'Touchpal' keyboard which is a breeze to type. You dont even have to look at the keyboard.

Specifications

MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 32GB, 2GB included, buy memory
Internal 170 MB user available, 512 MB RAM
DATA GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps
Speed HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP
USB Yes, microUSB
CAMERA Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus, check quality
Features Geo-tagging, face and smile detection, Beauty Shot
Video Yes, VGA@18fps
Secondary No
FEATURES OS Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo), upgradable to v2.3
Chipset Qualcomm MSM7227
CPU 600 MHz ARM 11
GPU Adreno 200
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser HTML
Radio Stereo FM radio
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors Black, wine, titan, blue, silver, purple
- Social networking integration
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail
- YouTube, Google Talk
- DivX/Xvid/MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player
- MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ player
- Document viewer/editor
- Organizer
- Voice memo
- Predictive text input
BATTERY Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh
Stand-by Up to 700 h (2G) / Up to 550 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 8 h (2G) / Up to 7 h 30 min (3G)

Give it a thought.

Avi

Last edited:
Thread Starter #58

350Z

Core Team

LG Optimus seems to be a good choice. I’m concerned about the service back up / reliability of LG however. Now these are the phones I have shortlisted: LG Optimus P500, Dell XCD35, HTC Explorer, Sony Ericson Xperia X8. HTC will be over the budget but I will check if I can find one somewhere at a fairly reasonable price. Is there anything else better I have skipped under the given budget?

Drive Safe,
350Z

LG otimus p500 not good at all low internal space + slow cpu not good if you want to enjoy android same goes to dell xcd35 . HTC and sony are more worst .

But if you want to buy one out of these all i would say LG is best .

But can you please raise your budget by 3K then buy this one you won't regret this one . very good mobile complete VFM

Motorola Defy: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

Top Bottom