Howdy Folks

Thread Starter #1
Just joined TAI and looking forward to interacting with all the folks out here. I've been a little out of touch with the Indian auto scene so figured what better way than join TAI. Been passionate about cars ever since I was a kid and there was a time when I dreamed of becoming an automobile designer but in a time where there were only 2 mainstream models in India that hadn't changed for almost a decade [i.e. erstwhile amby and fiat] it didn't seem like a bright career move so plunged into IT instead which bought me to the states about 8 years back and having been here in NJ started loosing touch with the Indian auto industry. As for my current rides I currently have a camaro 2ss that I'm absolutely nuts about and an aging chrysler concorde that has been my trusted workhorse.

Looking forward to learning more about what I've been out of touch with the past couple of years from all you cool ppl

[cheers] mates
Sodi

350Z

Core Team
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, SSDude. Did I just read Camaro? That is fantastic. You sure would be having a gala time with it. Do considering writing an ownership review sometime soon coupled with lots of photographs. It will make for an interesting read for many of us. Have a pleasant stay on board and in case of any assistance related to the forum, please feel free to get in touch with our team. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Thanks 350Z . I could definitely do a review of the beast [i.e. my bumblebee] with loads of pics. I'm in India right now for a short stint and heading back to NJ this weekend so rest assured will post something more detailed once I'm back in NJ. I guess I should be posting that in the global auto news section. Correct?
In the meanwhile , here are some pics. :)

Attachments

hey buddy welcome , wishing you pleasent stay on T.A.I thats awsome ride you on i just love the car do post more picture of your ride if iam not wrong this is the same car used in saif ali khan new movie agent vinod.

Thread Starter #5
hey buddy welcome , wishing you pleasent stay on T.A.I thats awsome ride you on i just love the car do post more picture of your ride if iam not wrong this is the same car used in saif ali khan new movie agent vinod.
Yes. It's the same one in Agent Vinod. Although it was the 2007 transformers movie that really put the 5th gen camaro into the public limelight. Chevy had unveiled the 5th gen concept camaro back in 2006 in an attempt to revive the camaro lineage which was discontinued in 2002. So after a hiatus of nearly 8 years they relaunched the 5th generation camaro in 2010. Here's a more recent pic . Had blacked out the front and the tires last winter.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TAI "SSdude" ! Hey where is Megan Fox i dont see her in the pics[:)]. That is an interesting car you got there,Just curious(was always on my mind) do you see camaros with autobot emblems on them (bumblebee fans)?

Thread Starter #7
thx Prads n Shubam.

As for transformer editions there are quite a few of the original TF editions out there . Not sure of the exact count but its definitely somewhere between 3-5K TF edition cars. The only real difference between the the TF editions and the regular camaros are the badging [i.e. TF door sills , TF hub caps etc] . 100% of the TF badging is also available aftermarket so only the really crazy folks go in to buy the TF editions. I'm only semi crazy :)

My Meghan fox is in the passenger seat by the way. :)

Thread Starter #11
ilango[speed thirst];144306 said:
Welcome to tai !
have a great stay.
that is one great ride you own!!
THe first picture was superb!!
Thanks Ilango. I almost got into trouble because of that pic. Had gotten into a restricted area of a park to do the photo shoot.
I used to own a Peugeot a long time back while I was in India. I guess you might see a lot of them around where you live since that used to be the peugeot hub back then.

welcome to TAI man. enjoy your stay..your car lookin' killer in 1st pic!!
send me high res one. i wanna make it my wallpaper [clap]
Thx Viper. For more pics feel free to check out my album. Too many to post in here so you're probably better off checking it out directly. Njoy
https://picasaweb.google.com/2SSDude/FallPhotoshoot?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJX2vM-epZ_zfg&feat=directlink

hi SS dude.
you got one heck of a ride.
welcome to TAI[cheers]
Thx man.[cheers] to you too.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Yes. It's the same one in Agent Vinod. Although it was the 2007 transformers movie that really put the 5th gen camaro into the public limelight. Chevy had unveiled the 5th gen concept camaro back in 2006 in an attempt to revive the camaro lineage which was discontinued in 2002. So after a hiatus of nearly 8 years they relaunched the 5th generation camaro in 2010. Here's a more recent pic . Had blacked out the front and the tires last winter.
Your car is looking sportier after blacking out some bits. First image seems to be some sort of a Camaro owners meet?

Thx Viper. For more pics feel free to check out my album. Too many to post in here so you're probably better off checking it out directly. Njoy
https://picasaweb.google.com/2SSDude/FallPhotoshoot?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJX2vM-epZ_zfg&feat=directlink
Fantastic collection. Must see for a Camaro fan like me. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom