How Would You React To See Your Car Model As Taxi in Market?

Your Car Model As Taxi. Wot?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Just imagine this: You finally decided to purchase a nice car of your choice, cleared the payment, done with the dealership formalities and bought it home. Next morning you read in newspaper that some popular taxi operator of the city has announced to introduce their fleet of new taxi cars which is exactly the same car model which you bought previous day. Here, what your typical reaction would be?

• Option One: Get into shock and feel sad.

• Option Two: Get into shock and plan to sell the car ASAP.

• Option Three: Become happy because your car model is now popular.

• Option Four: Become happy because spare parts won’t be an issue in future.
qqqq.jpg
Image Source: Google Images

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Would You Like Seeing Your Car As Taxi in Market?

I choose other. Lets see an example here ford falcon is used as a taxi but its the base version and most people who go for the falcon (very popular aussie car) get the better versions. But the finally thing is if its a good car, looks good then there is nothing wrong in the car you have also being a taxi car.

Thankfully none of the cars we have owned have been Taxi image cars. But personally i don't have any feeling of my car being a taxi car. If the car seems good and VFM i wont hesitate buying it even though it has a taxi image.

For example i don't have a problem buying an Innova if that's my budget.

I choose option 4.

Why are we not developing an icon for Taxi in India like the London Taxi. Amby would probably fit the bill - Icon / comfort / boot / cheap spares

i would become sad that's main reason i never liked innova due to its taxi image . But same time its good also because spare parts are easily available

I will surely became sad if I see the car am using as a taxi! I mean aren't car supposed to differentiate you from others!

Although have seen mercs running as taxi in UK, won't mind that:)

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Let me be honest, if I have the money, I’d always love owning the cars which are a bit exclusive and rather different from what rest of the crowd owns. So yes, of course I will be obviously disappointed to know if the car I’m using also runs as a taxi in my city. But as they say, everything has its own positive and negative aspects. Thus, on the other hand I’ll also be happy that future market of my car is secured and I won’t have to struggle to manage those spare parts.

Although have seen mercs running as taxi in UK, won't mind that:)
Same here! And even Germany has Merc E and S serving up as taxis.

Drive Safe,
350Z

To be frank, I own a car which is extensively used as Taxi. But my car looks much different than a cab with unique colour, accessories etc. When I tell or show the car which I own to people, the most common reaction is not so good as taxi cars are considered cheap.

But IMHO a particular car is used as taxi due to following plus points:
1. Good fuel efficiency.
2. Huge space (seats as well as for luggage)
3. Decent pricing. (VFM)
4. Overall strength/ ruggedness

So if all these positive points are there in a car, who cares what others say.[glasses]

I just posted a comment on the Scorp EX thread and came across this. As 350z mentioned, I wish to stand out from the rest of the crowd. I will definitely be disappointed to see the model of my car, being used as a taxi.

If my model is a taxi, i would feel proud that it's spacious reliable and cost efficient.

In todays world, Honda's, Jaguar's, BMW too our TAXI. That should not be a hindrance to me. This is my personal opinion.

Become happy because spare parts won’t be an issue in future.
voted for this cause after my first palio and now lancer waiting for spare is the horrible thing in owing a car that too in a small towns like ours.

Top Bottom