How Would You React To See Your Car Model As Taxi in Market?

Your Car Model As Taxi. Wot?

• Total voters
I have purchased the Etios Liva GD and now I find it used by many taxi operators in Chennai. In a way I am happy that they are chosing it for its reliability and mileage. So i think I made a good choice.
I have seen many etios as taxis in Mumbai , but never saw liva , punto , nano , micra , brio , jaaz , beat as taxis so far . No doubt liva and etios are spacious , reliable and heard that it has fantastic ride quality and being a Toyota it will be easy on pocket thus grabbed by the taxi market .

In city like Mumbai it hardly matters because , wagon r , santro , alto ,etios , fiesta , vista , manza , Audi , BMW , jaguars , scorpios , xylo s , sumo are used by taxi guys and private owners too .

Last edited:
Re: not much of a big deal

I own a car that pretty much is the taxi segment.so not much of a big deal.plus if you ever breakdown in the middle of the road at night the next taxi passing by might be able to help you.
+1.
Obviously true. As long as the vehicle satisfy all your requirements and needs and not biting pocket for services, nothing matters[:D]

A friend of mine is pretty proud of his Indica Vista when its comes to some conversations/topics.
So on such days when he is leaving in that car another friend of mine screams "TAXI" just to ensure he goes home fuming. [lol]

A friend of mine is pretty proud of his Indica Vista when its comes to some conversations/topics.
So on such days when he is leaving in that car another friend of mine screams "TAXI" just to ensure he goes home fuming. [lol]
yes even i have a friend like that. He used to feel pride about about his Altis. and all taxis here are altis. Then he used the fact that taxis are CNG and his is not so its still different. now he installed CNG as well and now there is no difference. [evil]

My father tells you have to buy cars which are mostly used by taxi operators, me little [confused] asks him why so, he then tells because those cars has good FE figures.
for this reason he like to own maxximo minivan [frustration]

My father tells you have to buy cars which are mostly used by taxi operators, me little [confused] asks him why so, he then tells because those cars has good FE figures.
for this reason he like to own maxximo minivan [frustration]
Actually he is right , but then why Maximo ? You can show him sedans , hatchbacks , and SUVs also used as taxi and change is mind and then you both can find something which you both like and enjoy .[:)]

Actually he is right ,
Yeah, whenever he sees a Logan/Verito (which is seen in every nook and corner in Bangalore) he tells that.

but then why Maximo ?
He is fond of small vans which he feels easy to drive.

You can show him sedans , hatchbacks , and SUVs also used as taxi
I'm tired of showing him the best cars we could buy, he don't want any of those.Cause only one reason, the bonnet is too long for me to drive!

and change is mind and then you both can find something which you both like and enjoy .[:)]
We both had mind on the Venture, but even this vehicle which has full potential to venture into the taxi market is not doing well for it is full of niggles and problems.

I feel bit sad !! if I see the car own as a taxi, but only when it is seen a pathetic condition and maintained worst !! like with loud sound, scratches and dents all over, loosen parts, a ovrm is broken something like that

We cannot do anything on this as these days every car is prone to be a TAXI !![:)]

Yeah, whenever he sees a Logan/Verito (which is seen in every nook and corner in Bangalore) he tells that.

He is fond of small vans which he feels easy to drive.

I'm tired of showing him the best cars we could buy, he don't want any of those.Cause only one reason, the bonnet is too long for me to drive!

We both had mind on the Venture, but even this vehicle which has full potential to venture into the taxi market is not doing well for it is full of niggles and problems.
But if not mistaken , you are planning for a quanto right ? That's a nice choice

Car used as taxi, for me big plus..
It assures me following(In reality it may not be but I feel better [surprise])
*Better mileage.
*Better service.
*Efficient space.
*Cheaper maintenance.
*Better looking.
*Strong and powerful

I have swift and generally people cry about the smaller boot and rear seat space(which is true), once I saw the taxis at Goa, I started feeling good. Now anyone talks about the above issues, I quote about the 'Goa' [;)]

Possibility of second hand car or old stock heavily discounted car can not be ruled out.
Some times, taxi company owners take taxi registration after their honeymoon with new car is over.
I too spotted a pune regd.punto taxi , but couldn't make out the varient.

Attachments

When I landed in Chennai after my Dubai visit on 28th Oct, the first car I spotted while coming out of Chennai Airport was Figo, and it was a Taxi... I just wiped my eyes repeatedly thinking I am seeing it wrong due to sleeplessness for the whole night in the flight. But it was TRUE! NTL Taxi in Chennai, the first one to introduce Figo. That reminded me a couple of TV Ads of NTL Taxi I saw while in Abu Dhabi, with a glance of Figo. I guessed, they have got it, and confirmed when I see it on road.

My heart broke for a while, then thought even Mercs are running as Taxi, why not Figo? It will get much more popular than it is now...

Top Bottom