How Would You React To See Your Car Model As Taxi in Market?

Your Car Model As Taxi. Wot?

• Total voters
If my model is a taxi, i would feel proud that it's spacious reliable and cost efficient.

In todays world, Honda's, Jaguar's, BMW too our TAXI. That should not be a hindrance to me. This is my personal opinion.
+100 any car which is a hit in taxi somewhat tends to be reliable , easy on pocket and cheap spares .

Sayaji hotel in indore has a rolls Royce as a pickup for their esteemed guest .

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here in India when you pay around a crore you obviously dont want to see your car used as a taxi,i see alot of uk varaints of the S-class & some 7 series taxi used by some hotels here in Bangalore ,i did spot some new type swift with yellow boards but am sure people will still buy them no matter what,just like Innova where mid or lower variants are bought by taxi/companies(usually) & top variants are usually picked up by private users & is also a sense of status for some.

Look around the world guys, Mercs are taxis all over the world. Hell, Iv even seen a Bentley Taxi in Stockholm! If your car is used as a taxi, it means that it is spacious, has a good boot & has got good FE too. There's nothing to feel sad about...

Cheers
Jazzy

Thread Starter #50

350Z

Core Team
Additional varient logo really saves pvt. owner from emotional damage.IMO.
That's true. But Petrol cars are never involved in a cab business. As far as the variants are concerned, once a car has established its image as taxi, difference between its variants does not matter much. Anyways I do not think that it should be so upsetting for one to see their car model as taxi.

Now tell me what you all think of this
Whoa. Tell me from where do I hire one? :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Now tell me what you all think of this [;)]
What could be the charges for one day?

Look around the world guys, Mercs are taxis all over the world. Hell, Iv even seen a Bentley Taxi in Stockholm! If your car is used as a taxi, it means that it is spacious, has a good boot & has got good FE too. There's nothing to feel sad about...

Cheers
Jazzy
This again reinforces the' ratio theory' proposed by' S class'

I will love to be on the driver seat of the hummer taxi, on the Indian roads,@ 350 z , if you hire one , please appoint me as its driver[drive]
I will not disappoint you, will start a thread on the drive experience too.[:D]

Last edited:
Whoa. Tell me from where do I hire one? :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z
I find that one in Göteborg - Sweden. They have more numbers of them in Stockholm than Göteborg though. I learnt from a Swedish friend.

What could be the charges for one day?

This again reinforces the' ratio theory' proposed by' S class'

I will love to be on the driver seat of the hummer taxi, on the Indian roads,@ 350 z , if you hire one , please appoint me as its driver[drive]
I will not disappoint you, will start a thread on the drive experience too.
Charges for Hummer!! I didn't dare ask that question bro.

I will try and see if I can get the information from my friends. This becomes all the more necessary now as Vibhor is planning to hire one and give us a ride.

Vibhor >> Would be good experience for Tornado & myself. We are waiting for you [;)]

Cheers
Jazzy
I traveled extensively in a Merc S-class taxi on my first business trip to UK during 2005/06. All these luxury cars are operating in taxi segment since long!

Last edited:
IMO, old swift dzire is yet not discontinued.They are selling it in taxi model just like indicab .
The' maruti suzuki' logo is replaced by a sticker , and' dzire' logo is replaced by ' DzireTour' sticker .To me , they appeared OE. need to confirm.
Dzire Tour is the cab version of old Dzire & is completely base model. It competes with Etios & Verito in cab market. It comes with black bumpers & owner needs to get it painted at additional cost.

Well I saw first Punto as cab while tour on Rajasthan and I first thing that came into my mind is, either the taxi owner is very rich, or he likes FIAT or he is very courageous guy. [lol]

not much of a big deal

I own a car that pretty much is the taxi segment.so not much of a big deal.plus if you ever breakdown in the middle of the road at night the next taxi passing by might be able to help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I saw first Punto as cab while tour on Rajasthan and I first thing that came into my mind is, either the taxi owner is very rich, or he likes FIAT or he is very courageous guy. [lol]
Possibility of second hand car or old stock heavily discounted car can not be ruled out.
Some times, taxi company owners take taxi registration after their honeymoon with new car is over.

Just imagine this: You finally decided to purchase a nice car of your choice, cleared the payment, done with the dealership formalities and bought it home. Next morning you read in newspaper that some popular taxi operator of the city has announced to introduce their fleet of new taxi cars which is exactly the same car model which you bought previous day. Here, what your typical reaction would be?

• Option One: Get into shock and feel sad.

• Option Two: Get into shock and plan to sell the car ASAP.

• Option Three: Become happy because your car model is now popular.

• Option Four: Become happy because spare parts won’t be an issue in future.
View attachment 21050
Image Source: Google Images

Drive Safe,
350Z
I have purchased the Etios Liva GD and now I find it used by many taxi operators in Chennai. In a way I am happy that they are chosing it for its reliability and mileage. So i think I made a good choice.

have seen TATA nano as taxi in kollam . it had roof top carriers and i was totally shocked, later came to know that the per Km rate is very low due to cost of the vehicle and its mileage.

Top Bottom