How to Secure Car’s ECU from Theft?

Hey buddy i think you are worrying too much about your new car. Do you live in a theft-prone zone? If no , then relax a bit. We have been owning cars for more than 20 years now and no thefts have happened so far to us in any of our cars.

Hey buddy i think you are worrying too much about your new car. Do you live in a theft-prone zone? If no , then relax a bit. We have been owning cars for more than 20 years now and no thefts have happened so far to us in any of our cars.
Once if you are affected , you will be cautious till your end[evil]

I lost my bike , parked in our earlier home - till today every night i check about the locking etc in this apache - more than me , my dad checks them![thumbsup]

Ecu are hard to steal and only in some metro's esp delhi and mumbai its done. Other than this , its done in accident car in rest poart of india!

Have a good branded security system installed!

ilango[speed thirst];62589 said:
Ecu are hard to steal and only in some metro's esp delhi and mumbai its done.
He lives in Delhi!

Dont worry Alok, there are several security options available in the market. Please post your budget and accordingly we will suggest you the best one.

Thread Starter #6
He lives in Delhi!

Dont worry Alok, there are several security options available in the market. Please post your budget and accordingly we will suggest you the best one.
Its Rs. 5000 max budget for ecu security.Also should I get it done from dealer only?I am planning to keep this car for atleast 6 years.So for these 6 years,are anti rust and teflon coating and engine coating important??

Hey Alok please discuss other issues about your car in respective threads or your ownership report itself.

Since your car is new teflon coating is not needed for now. Anti-rust coating its your wish , i don think Delhi has salty water like Chennai! Still if you feel prevention is better than cure i would suggest 3M anti-rust coating and for i10 it must cost around 3k i guess. I don know what engine coating is!!

350Z

Core Team
Is there a system to prevent ecu from being stolen?
Every car has a different location of ECU. Where some have it located under the hood, others have their ECU under the Dashboard. Amongst them, Maruti 800 has possibly the stupidest one. Nonetheless, as far as I know, Hyundai i10’s ECU is placed deep under the dashboard and sure will not be as easy to access as in an 800. The best option I can recommend is to install the MicroVBB Black Box. It will cost more than the double of your specified budget, but I am sure that you could consider spending that much amount to protect rest of those Rs.4+ Lakhs. Infact, I too will be adding one in my next car.

I think, this much limit of concern is quite certain. One should always stay careful because like accidents, the theft can happen anytime with anyone. Otherwise, life teaches a lesson hard way. Probably similar to that of mine? Sometimes, it is better to learn from other’s experiences than your own.

ilango[speed thirst];62589 said:
Once if you are affected , you will be cautious till your end
:agree:

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
How come a maruti 800 have ecu?? I also have the maruti 800 1997 model with triangular tail lights and not the square ones.So I gues mine is the latest version maruti 800.
That is not the ‘latest’. Newer versions were equipped with MPFi technology that uses Electronic Control Unit, as opposed to the carburetted ones.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14
How much is the price of ecu of m800 and i10 ere next gen??How much can we get from insurance on theft of ecu and stereo?350Z,Did the insurance company give you some amount for the ecu?

350Z

Core Team
The cost of Maruti 800’s ECU is approx. Rs.15,000 but I didn’t claimed the insurance. For the stereo – insurance company refused because it is an aftermarket add-on about which you have to mention in advance while insuring the car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom