How To Remove a Radium Sticker from the Windshield?

Re: The Automotive India Stickers v2: Grab Yours!

So went to local sticker shop to remove it, but he said it might be dangerous to remove the sticker since it is sticked in painted area. Anyway he suggested me to use kerosine and slowly take it by myself.

Any suggestion friends for removing the existing stickers which is in painted area?

Last edited by a moderator:

So went to local sticker shop to remove it, but he said it might be dangerous to remove the sticker since it is sticked in painted area. Anyway he suggested me to use kerosine and slowly take it by myself.

Any suggestion friends for removing the existing stickers which is in painted area?
I didn't know there will be problem to paint if we peel it.

Guess kerosene is the way to go then.

sethumurugan said:

Use a new Razor blade to peel the stickers and use Kersoene or Diesel to remove the sticky or gum part from that area.

Use a new Razor blade to peel the stickers and use Kersoene or Diesel to remove the sticky or gum part from that area.
Are you suer about using blade in painted surface?

Instead can i soak the stickers with soap water/ordinary water/colin and slowly scratch?

Are you suer about using blade in painted surface?

Instead can i soak the stickers with soap water/ordinary water/colin and slowly scratch?
Be very Carefull while using kerosene , it will easily damage your paint. Safest method is soak sticker with soapy water and use your nails to scratch It.
Alternatively you can use kerosene mixed soapy water.

Last edited:

Guys, small advice. If you are interested in changing the stickers whenever new stickers are released (if not due to some other reason) and want to remove your old stickers oftern, pls do not paste it on painted surface. It is really difficult to remove it. When I checked with Sticker shop guy he said if it is on glass it is easy for them to remove it. Otherwise it is very difficult.

I wanted to removed my old stickers (really faded and damaged in the edges) and paste new sticker. I could n't remove the old one. I am using some soap water and soaking it. Then using my finger nails am removing it. After spending half an hour I could remove only 50%. And my fingers got pain. So stopped. Continuing tomorrow morning.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I removed the Dealership Radium Stickers slowly using hair drier and Plastic piece. Don't use kerosene or some such solution or it my damage the paint.

Even I am thinking of removing the dealers sticker off my car, But in my case this sticker is not stuck on the glass its on the painted surface, How to go about this one without damaging the paint ?
Hi Team the same thing happened to me which I got my Skoda Rapid and there was a huge ugly GIRIRAJ MOTORS sticked on my boot![frustration] I spent 20 mins. scrubbing it with a cloth but i didn't work. So i suggest that you take the scrubber from which you have a shower ( don't worry i bought a new one after using [:D] ) and rub it with full force after applying some soap. The sticked should disappear. Hope this works.

Simple procedure (DIY) applicable for windshield as well as painted surface
- Park you vehicle in direct sunlight / heat the sticker with a heat gun (be cautious)
- Finger nails (be it from hand or leg, that's upto you[roll]) should be more than enough to remove them
- Desi juggad to remove the gum / stain: apply coconut oil and scrub / wipe with a clean cloth (far better result than use of petrol / thinner / detergent)
- Wash the surface with car wash / detergent (to get rid of oil, which is a dirt magnet)

Within a couple of minutes I managed to remove the stickers from my car.

Advantage:
- No excessive scrubbing required --> less effort and less time consuming
- Oil itself will act as lubricant between the paint surface and gum / stain --> No swirl marks / scratches
- No harm to paint / clear coat (excessive use of petrol / thinner does)
- Coconut oil is cheaper than petrol / thinner (considering the quantity required)
- Don't hurt your eyes / nose (some are allergic with petrol / thinner smell)

Last edited:
Removing sticker from windshield/rear glass of car

If we go to any accessories shop or different service center they put their sticker for advertising on the rear glass of the car. I too got now five stickers on my back of car. Does anybody have any idea how to remove it or shop in Kolkata to put out those stickers.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Removing sticker from windshield/rear glass of car

I too got now five stickers on my back of car. Does anybody have any idea how to remove it or shop in Kolkata to put out those stickers.
Use Colin and a blade or a hot air gun. I too have 2 stickers stuck in my CITY's front windshield which I want to remove so I'll too try the colin with a blade. This process can be used only on windshield stickers and not on stickers which are stuck on the boot/car panel.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom