How To React Immediately After Involving in Accident?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: What To Do Immediately After an Accident?

ah i don't agree with that [:)]

i mean i have seen several accidents , small or big , but people comes to help.

some comes to help while others loves to watch whats going on. morons. they don't help but create bugger nuisance and deviates attention of ongoing commuters.

can you imagine this. an accident took place at one road but there is traffic jams on both of the roads.

the road on which accident took place : road is jammed , obviously there will be a traffic jam.
the other road - people slow down and see what happened. i say " Khud ki thoko aur din bhar dekhte raho" morons :@

ah i don't agree with that [:)]

i mean i have seen several accidents , small or big , but people comes to help.

some comes to help while others loves to watch whats going on. morons. they don't help but create bugger nuisance and deviates attention of ongoing commuters.
Dear that is in case of minor accidents.
But when the matter is quite serious then no one stops because they don't want to get involved in the police matters.

Last year in winters(it was very dense fog) near the Dhaula Kuan a truck jumped the divider and hit a Maruti Omni killing 3 people(I hope you remember it).That night I was just a hundred or two meters behind the Van and I was also doing about 30 kph with my window open for some reason and I heard the loud noise.
As soon as my car reached the spot I saw a big container truck on our side,completely crossed the road and the driver's cabin's front wheels in the air after breaking the flyover's sidewalls.There were two more cars but both of them left.
I parked my car in the middle of the road leaving the only empty lane(two were occupied by truck and omni)with my hazard lights on.Made a PCR call and two policemen arrived within a minute.

And you know what,came an Alto with 3-4 people in it and the man driving said "chhodo yaar,yeh toh roz roz ki baat hai..police dekh legi".And said to his companions "Arey ignore it,kapde gande ho jayenge..time nahi hai"..
I mean the person has time to go home and rest but is short of time when it comes to helping someone.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

as i said there are differnt people some came to help like you did others dont give a damn.

That's the reason I say flee the spot if possible.
Really most of the people just say "Maar ke bhag gaya"..and over..

well obviously you coudn't do anything and yes , if the boy's parents filed a case then it would have been against them and not yours.
if one doesn;t have a DL , whoever mistake it is , the guy without DL will be held responsible or will be blamed.

my cousin hit a cycle wala and same incident , the guy fell on the glass , onto the roof and then at the back , she took it a nearby hospital and called her dad and at the end 4000 + medical bill was given to him. compromise.

ah it will depend whats going on your mind when the incident happen , hitting a cow a very rare case :D since mostly cows roam on the roads where you cannot go beyod 40 kmph i mean they are in congested areas. i hope i never hit a cow [:D]

i agree , i will never flee away but as i mentioned above if people come to beat , one have to flee away , better to flee rather than to be at the hospital.

lots and lots of tension these days [:(]
Its fair in that case and yes, Escaping the scene and trying to save one's person are two different things.

Fleeing off the scene after hitting someone or something(Hit and Run) when there is no apparent threat on your person is a crime. You cant just run away from a crime scene leaving the injured to die and expect the law to have mercy on you. If the injured dies due to some reason you most probably will end up with a sentence for rigorous imprisonment.

On the other hand trying to get away in order to stay safe from an unruly mob when about to be assaulted is something that can be well defended at court- You have a right to defend and protect your person from harm.

In short it all depends upon the circumstances and fleeing the scene should be the last thing on your mind when you get involved in an accident, it should be a last resort for a dire straits situation and that does not necessarily happen always.

And do remember, Its a human lives we're talking about here. You could be in the same place tommorow. If nothing's at stake, stick on to your first option in an emergency and try to save the injured in all ways you can. Its a motorist's responsibility.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

you explained very well[:)]

i mentioned above that from day one my dad said me never to flee away , what will happen the police will take the vehicle ( impound ) it can be freed. they won't kill you for an accident. just remain calm.

well one's whole life will be ruined if he gets caught after fleeing. whats the benefit.

and i agree fleeing away should be the last thing.

350Z

Core Team
An accident last month forced me to think what kind of world we are living in. Has human become so egotistic that he thinks only about himself? Have we lost the humanity on Earth? I was driving in Malviya Nagar on a dual carriageway road. Soon, after approaching forward, the traffic almost came to a halt as the vehicles ahead were moving at a snail’s pace. I slightly bent outside the window. To my shock, a middle-age man was lying down on the road near divider with a bike on top of him.

He was struggling alone while on-goers were looking the scene, but no one came forward. I immediately ran out of the car and helped him to pull off the bike. Although he was fine with no apparent injuries but I still don’t know how this would have happened. Anyways I just thought to share a small incident and urge everyone at least on our forum to please help someone out there in need rather than just being a spectator, which is usually a common scene in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

^^Even I am also hurt by the same.
People feel that their status will get hurt or what,I don't know.
But what I know is that,the person trapped in the situation is helpless and very badly needs our help and at that time if we can't use our car or ourself come up to help the person then we and our car both are useless in my views.

I know it very nicely,till date I have faced two accidents and both the times we people were helplessly waiting for police to come and help us,else those were some village people and truck drivers who helped us,else the bus and car occupants are really very very much heartless at such situations.
As I have already mentioned above,people love their fake status but no one likes to clean the blood off the other person,ha ha..no one wants to get blood stains on their clothes for the father,brother,child or family of someone else but when it comes to themselves then they cry,join hands and carve for the mercy of other people and amazingly then they expect others to leave everything aside and help them out..[clap]

It's so sad to hear and see these kind of incidents. I also remember an incident, when i was back in pune. One day me and my friends decided to go for a movie. so 2 of my frieds left like 5 mins before us on a bike and after 5 mins i left the place with my other friend who was riding with me. After 10 mins i see a crowd right in between of the road and unfortunatley my friends met with an accident. A Qualis was coming from the front and all of a sudden took a turn and hit my friends. Now nobody helped my friends. Me and my other friend who sitting behind me, just stopped left the bike, picked up the bullet (other friends were riding on a bullet) coz my friends leg was stuck under the bike. And then we both carefully picked him up and took to the corner, the other friend was not that badly hurt, but i helped him and took him to the corner as well.
Nobody had called the police, so my friend called the police and i stopped an Auto and took my friend to the hospital.
So i was so mad that day that nobody even came to helped my friends until we reached there. Everybody was just watching and few people started fighting with the car driver. DAMM atleast help the guy first.

But back in US if there is an accident people do come to help and the first thing they do is call 911. And within 2-5 min there will be atleast 2-3 cops, ambulance and a fire truck. And if it's a serious accident then just tripple the no's and probably a Helicopter.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
its a rare scene , i have not seen anything like this , nobody helping the person who met with an accident.

always , people rush to the person and help him. have seen this several times.

out here in india people just love to watch things, but won't go help, instead if theres a thief he will be the first to try his hand and run of. First things people do here is bash up. And yes police comes late

its a rare scene , i have not seen anything like this , nobody helping the person who met with an accident.

always , people rush to the person and help him. have seen this several times.
Not always buddy.

out here in india people just love to watch things, but won't go help, instead if theres a thief he will be the first to try his hand and run of. First things people do here is bash up. And yes police comes late
+100 to that bro

when i was in us I've never seen anyone bashing any one up, they first go check if the guys alright, or if the guy caused an accident and is able to get out of the car he goes and checks and offers help while giving his details to the public and the hospital he's taking the injured person to. Plus over there insurance is only offered to the injured driver who's name is registered on the insurance.

but i feel in India people fear, What if the guy dies before i take him to the hospital? I will be in a soup lots of questions etc better i stay away. But they will always come to show of by beating the driver and damaging his car and then walk away like a boss.

Last edited:

Top Bottom