How To React Immediately After Involving in Accident?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
What to do in an accident ?

so today , my car got hit only because one rickshaw was coming from the wrong direction and i could only see him at the last moment.

2 girls were sitting on the rickshaw and 1 of them fell down because of the impact. my car got hit at 5-7 kmph.

so this is how it happened.
accident.jpg

you can see my car , i had to go in that direction as marked in the picture.

to turn left i first saw left if anybody was coming or not ( i was stopped ) then i saw at the right side of the road to see the incoming traffic. it was clear and as soon as i accelerated and saw in front a rickshaw came out of nowhere.

i applied brakes but it was too late. the car hit the rickshaw and the girl fell down. i immediately stepped out of the vehicle to see if the girl was hurt. she was and apologized but her friend kept on scolding me for what i have done. i listened. many people gathered.

she rested by sitting on the footpath. all i could say was sorry as i did not want to create a bigger scene by saying rickshaw wala was coming from the wrong side.
i again said sorry and left.

i didn't even check the car and didn't even looked at the rickshaw wala.

when i reached home the car's condition was like this.

but after applying rubbing compound it was better.

i told this incident to my dad and he said "
DAD :you should have checked twice before entering the road.
Me :from now on i will double check.

he continued and told me

DAD: if the girl got hurt badly , people around you would have hit you as well as your car.
ME: [confused] the people cannot hit me. why would they hit me before even knowing what happened ?
DAD: people don't think but watching a girl like that they would have beaten you as well as your friends.

so all i can think is , what if the girl was badly hurt ?
what if the people started beating me for no reason ?
should i hit them back or will this create a bigger nuisance ?

if i called police , whats the guarantee that people who hit me won't flee away ?
even if they stay , what can i actually do against them ?

please please share your views on this :\ the whole incidence is running in my mind. what one should do in such cases?

Re: What to do in an accident ?

buddy feel bad after reading about this incident but yes i do agree with your dad there are same crazy people ,who can create mess out of nothing and yes i witness many incident in which people just beat the driver even its his mistake or not , i can only suggest you to just be cool and calm in the situation and try solve the matter wisely , but if some one just start crawling on you then don,t let any one to take you for free ride , because at last attack is best defense .

everywhere, they see an accident they will always always come to beat up the driver, fault or no fault. ideally its not your fault, but still we do have to keep a watch out before doing anything.
And you know if theres girls involved as in your situation you know what happens further ;)
by the way the hexagonal grill is bent towards the top right edge.

the other day is was going to bang into a cow. the cow stopped in front of my path and i couldn't steer away due to a passing truck.
i know if i would've hit the cow, a huge crowd would've piled up beat me up and set my car on fire. This is india. People love taking the law into their own hands, just to try and be a HERO. I just hate that totally.
IN my area once a lady was taking a u-turn and as in your case, the rickshaw was in the wrong direction, and was driving towards the same u-turn point, just to avoid the u-turn a km ahead. he was driving on the right lane of the road(fast lane) and that lady after u-turn would be in that lane.
as she took u-turn she looked on her left for cars coming and bang! Rickshaws headlight damaged. Rickshaw guy got out crowd gathered he got other rickshaw guys lady was pulled out of car, not beaten up but they set her car on fire. IF it was a guy imagine. We are not safe to sit in the car and wait as these fools will break the glass or something drag us out and beat us up.

Last edited:

sorry to hear about the accident allhyundaicars. When you're driving , just think of every other driver as the worst driver. that lets you avoid many such situations. The road is full of ______ as said in a famous ad.
PS: You're lucky to have your Fog lamps intact. I've so far spotted at least 9 verna's with front fog lamps missing.

@Allhyundaicars:-Sad to see the dents on your car,but what you did was the best anyone can do in such situations.
My rule is simple:-

2):If you can't flee then simply come out of your car as soon as possible.If victims are less hurt then ask sorry and try to give them assistance.This will save you from public.
3):If the person is considerably injured then be very fast and get them inside your car,if anyone speaks even a single word then ask the person "where is the nearest hospital,note down your car's number on a paper and ask them to call police"..
Reach the hospital and call the police,now as usual police reaches the spot before victim's relatives.Now talk to police officials and pay them some cash.
And ask them that you need a compromise..and then see the magic of police.

All three are my personal experiences and recommendations...AND ALL THREE ARE BETTER THAN BEING CAUGHT BY THE PUBLIC..

Last edited by a moderator:

one of my relatives, was driving and this drunk roadside junkie just jumped in front of his car he got mowed down. died on the spot my relative had jammed brakes but dint help, the public just came to beat up. he just fled and there were guys on bike chasing him he just went to the nearest police station, he did not want to prove guilty and hence had to fight court cases for a long time and insurance had to pay compensation to people who showed up claiming him as a family member. this is the state of us innocent people, the people told him to prove guilty and pay a fine not much but he did not want to.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

buddy feel bad after reading about this incident but yes i do agree with your dad there are same crazy people ,who can create mess out of nothing and yes i witness many incident in which people just beat the driver even its his mistake or not , i can only suggest you to just be cool and calm in the situation and try solve the matter wisely , but if some one just start crawling on you then don,t let any one to take you for free ride , because at last attack is best defense .
hmm i have seen this but mostly car people beating autorickshaw's wala and the ricksahaw wala's.

yesterday also i was calm , and didn;t even bother to look at the damages. if there were no girls it would have been a completely different situation.

"last attack is best defense" [:)] you said it right.

everywhere, they see an accident they will always always come to beat up the driver, fault or no fault. ideally its not your fault, but still we do have to keep a watch out before doing anything.
And you know if theres girls involved as in your situation you know what happens further ;)
by the way the hexagonal grill is bent towards the top right edge.

the other day is was going to bang into a cow. the cow stopped in front of my path and i couldn't steer away due to a passing truck.
i know if i would've hit the cow, a huge crowd would've piled up beat me up and set my car on fire. This is india. People love taking the law into their own hands, just to try and be a HERO. I just hate that totally.
IN my area once a lady was taking a u-turn and as in your case, the rickshaw was in the wrong direction, and was driving towards the same u-turn point, just to avoid the u-turn a km ahead. he was driving on the right lane of the road(fast lane) and that lady after u-turn would be in that lane.
as she took u-turn she looked on her left for cars coming and bang! Rickshaws headlight damaged. Rickshaw guy got out crowd gathered he got other rickshaw guys lady was pulled out of car, not beaten up but they set her car on fire. IF it was a guy imagine. We are not safe to sit in the car and wait as these fools will break the glass or something drag us out and beat us up.
i agree , don;t know what they want to prove , ________
yesterday also , a maniac came and said " bhaiya ji aapki galti thi" i completely ignored him.
yeah the grill is damaged , lets see what can be done.

ok so another question. if we try to save someone like in your case you wanted to save the cow. if there is another car coming and in trying to save other car which came out of nowhere and we hit the oncoming car. who's to blame ?
seriously if there was a guy , they would have beaten him to death.

sorry to hear about the accident allhyundaicars. When you're driving , just think of every other driver as the worst driver. that lets you avoid many such situations. The road is full of ______ as said in a famous ad.
PS: You're lucky to have your Fog lamps intact. I've so far spotted at least 9 verna's with front fog lamps missing.
my dad says the same thing " you can drive 100% safe but you can't trust others"
i'll be more careful from now on. but seriously never thought i will hit my car like this.

ah yes i have seen many cars. but the area around the fog lamps is of low quality. i will make a video.

@Allhyundaicars:-Sad to see the dents on your car,but what you did was the best anyone can do in such situations.
My rule is simple:-
1):Flee if the road ahead is clear.And no person is in front of your car.After once you flee,then nothing happens.Leave it all on police.
2):If you can't flee then simply come out of your car as soon as possible.If victims are less hurt then ask sorry and try to give them assistance.This will save you from public.
3):If the person is considerably injured then be very fast and get them inside your car,if anyone speaks even a single word then ask the person "where is the nearest hospital,note down your car's number on a paper and ask them to call police"..

Reach the hospital and call the police,now as usual police reaches the spot before victim's relatives.Now talk to police officials and pay them some cash.
And ask them that you need a compromise..and then see the magic of police.

All three are my personal experiences and recommendations...AND ALL THREE ARE BETTER THAN BEING CAUGHT BY THE PUBLIC..
1.) my dad said never to flee even if there is a serious accident or one can be jailed for hit and run. so a bad choice. but yes if public goes mad and start beating me this will the only thing i'll do and immediately call the police.
2.) did this yesterday only [:)] proved to be helpful.
3.) yeah thanks for sharing this. one should do the same. act fast.

after going to the hospital i'll first call my dad and then dad will handle the police.

but good , thanks for sharing all the views , i'll ask my dad also what to do in all situations.
one of my relatives, was driving and this drunk roadside junkie just jumped in front of his car he got mowed down. died on the spot my relative had jammed brakes but dint help, the public just came to beat up. he just fled and there were guys on bike chasing him he just went to the nearest police station, he did not want to prove guilty and hence had to fight court cases for a long time and insurance had to pay compensation to people who showed up claiming him as a family member. this is the state of us innocent people, the people told him to prove guilty and pay a fine not much but he did not want to.

what will one do if people will do something like this. this sucks.

i agree , don;t know what they want to prove , ________
yesterday also , a maniac came and said " bhaiya ji aapki galti thi" i completely ignored him.
yeah the grill is damaged , lets see what can be done.
Once a foolish constable said to a friend of mine after his Alto hit a motorbike which turned without indicating:-
C-Constable.
F-Friend.

C:Sir badi gaadi aapki hai and badi gaade wale ki hi galti hoti hai.
F:But hamari kya galti,we were doing just 40 kph that also in our lane.He came in front of our car crossing the divider.
C:Sir,kuch le de ke compromise kar lo.
I(very angrily):Why?Why should we pay even a single penny?We won't pay,let's go to police station.
C:But those guys are not okay.
At last we paid the bikers 400 bucks and left the spot...

ok so another question. if we try to save someone like in your case you wanted to save the cow. if there is another car coming and in trying to save other car which came out of nowhere and we hit the oncoming car. who's to blame ?
In my case I never swerve,at least if I am on a busy road.Hitting one person is better than swerving and hitting many more people.

seriously if there was a guy , they would have beaten him to death.
No doubt,if a girl says sorry and cries-She has committed no fault.
If a boy meets an accident,however hard he had tried to save-he will get the punishment.
There are hundreds of incidents in which drivers are beaten to death by public for literally no mistake of him.SOMEONE TELL THOSE NONSENSE PEOPLE THAT CAR CAN NOT STOP IN 1 INCH..

1.) my dad said never to flee even if there is a serious accident or one can be jailed for hit and run. so a bad choice. but yes if public goes mad and start beating me this will the only thing i'll do and immediately call the police.
2.) did this yesterday only [:)] proved to be helpful.
3.) yeah thanks for sharing this. one should do the same. act fast.

after going to the hospital i'll first call my dad and then dad will handle the police.

but good , thanks for sharing all the views , i'll ask my dad also what to do in all situations.
From day one,I am taught to flee if I can.They always taught me that if a police station is nearby then go there.This will at least keep you safe.
I never prefer to flee to run from accident,I have a habit of accepting my faults.But for accepting them I need to be alive.If a cop catches me fleeing them I am happy in stopping my car or taking my car to police station with him.Simple it is :"JISE MARNA THA,WOH TOH MAR GAYA..AB MEIN BHI MARUN KYA"?

If being calm works then okay,but if you feel that something can go wrong then its better to flee from the spot.

A small incident:-
Once we were going int he Honda City of my friend,we were doing about 60 kph and suddenly a Yamaha FZ16 bike(A schoolboy with his girlfriend) overtook the car suddenly(he was doing about 80 kph) and before completely overtaking the car the biker swerved to save from truck which we were going to overtake and his rear portion hit our front bumper.
Since I was driving so I before they could hit applied the brakes for giving him room to go.Now after slight hitting the bike fallen just in front of the car with guy and girl both first landed on bonnet and then fallen on road.

We people came out as fast as possible and one of us took their bike and parked it on roadside locking handle and keeping the keys.Some people gathered and started blaming us,but we ignored them and collected their schoolbags,shoe of guy etc and kept them in our car's boot and got both of them seated on our rear seat.
Suddenly I heard one guy saying "Iss car wale ko toh dekh lo".
I gave him a glare and touched my pistol and asked the same guy "Where is nearest hospital"?
And safely took both of them to hospital telling people to note down our car's number and call for police.
Then I talked to my father and he said "No issue,just talk to inspector and he himself will get the matter solved".
When the family members of guy and girl arrived the they asked inspector to arrest me but inspector took them this way:-
"Sir,where is the DL of your son and bike's papers?Where is the helmet and what were they doing bunking the school"?
Since guy didn't had DL so inspector threatened them saying "If you file a case against them then you will need to prove that your boy was eligible to drive and even stricter action will be taken against you people"..
At last..AS USUAL COMPROMISE...[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: What To Do Immediately After an Accident?

at times we need to flee as vipul rightly said,
that day i was thinking ill just crash my car into the truck or divider if i can't stop in time, cause then at least i would be saved, if i hit the cow guys would've killed me. over that the entire bonnet and windshield would've shattered.
there was a time behind my building where railway tracks pass for local trains, daily people die on track around india, now a train driver would try his best but he won't risk using the brakes and risking lots of lives, right? this day a cow got banged on the tracks and people ran and beat the driver as well as doing thod fhod of the train. All this stuff played back when i was fearing the worse of hitting the cow, luckily verna has great brakes and it stopped without skidding.

Never try to flee from the spot if you get involved in an accident. Its a serious offence.

We've had cases where the person who fled was chased by locals and beaten up real bad after his crash into another vehicle on the run. Most people have cell phones these days, They can always call up for help to get you up ahead on the road. And when you get caught, They might be even more enraged and will unleash their rage, all out on you with more brutality.

Most of the time, people who do hit and runs end up in a more serious accident further down the road as they will be driving even more rash, out of excitement and on fear of getting caught.

I have come across lots of instances where people, mostly youngsters, who crashed and got killed, or hurt someone else after trying to escape cops hot on their tail for refusing to stop on demand.

If you feel there is a situation where people might turn into a mob and can turn against you when you get involved in an accident, Dont waste time and just call the cops.(Always be aware of the Police helpline numbers when on the road.) There are plenty of better chances to prove your innocence at court and fleeing from the spot is a never a great idea.

P.S: TSIVipul, Could you stop pushing anti social ideas on the forum for once? Its a request and I dont think you'll get any Brownie points for what you've been doing.

Last edited:

@Jalex:
I think you haven't read me correctly.
I have mentioned one fact,what?
If you are fleeing then first of all you must catch for the police,weather its any phantom unit on bikes or a police picket or any station.This is for your safety.
Else how many people really escape unhurt from accident sites.

Hit any person in his area and see how people thrash the hell out of you,its better to escape the place.And once you are out of the population,then let the people follow you,what can they do?Don't we have mobile phones?
Instead of stopping at the spot if I have chance to flee,I believe in fleeing and once I reach nearest police station/picket.I simply hand over myself to them.At least this keeps me safe.
About calling the police,dear mob doesn't take more than 3-4 minutes to get a bone or two broken of yours.Your car may be having the sign of 'advocate' on it and everyone knows that people down there in south are far more educated then those are here.I hope you get my point.

Rest be assured,I never promote any wrong practice,but just share what I myself have either felt or what I have experienced.
And sorry to say dear,but for this so-called society of ours,you need to go anti social too if you want to live peacefully.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

A small incident:-
Once we were going int he Honda City of my friend,we were doing about 60 kph and suddenly a Yamaha FZ16 bike(A schoolboy with his girlfriend) overtook the car suddenly(he was doing about 80 kph) and before completely overtaking the car the biker swerved to save from truck which we were going to overtake and his rear portion hit our front bumper.
Since I was driving so I before they could hit applied the brakes for giving him room to go.Now after slight hitting the bike fallen just in front of the car with guy and girl both first landed on bonnet and then fallen on road.

We people came out as fast as possible and one of us took their bike and parked it on roadside locking handle and keeping the keys.Some people gathered and started blaming us,but we ignored them and collected their schoolbags,shoe of guy etc and kept them in our car's boot and got both of them seated on our rear seat.
Suddenly I heard one guy saying "Iss car wale ko toh dekh lo".
I gave him a glare and touched my pistol and asked the same guy "Where is nearest hospital"?
And safely took both of them to hospital telling people to note down our car's number and call for police.
Then I talked to my father and he said "No issue,just talk to inspector and he himself will get the matter solved".
When the family members of guy and girl arrived the they asked inspector to arrest me but inspector took them this way:-
"Sir,where is the DL of your son and bike's papers?Where is the helmet and what were they doing bunking the school"?
Since guy didn't had DL so inspector threatened them saying "If you file a case against them then you will need to prove that your boy was eligible to drive and even stricter action will be taken against you people"..
At last..AS USUAL COMPROMISE...[:)]
well obviously you coudn't do anything and yes , if the boy's parents filed a case then it would have been against them and not yours.
if one doesn;t have a DL , whoever mistake it is , the guy without DL will be held responsible or will be blamed.

my cousin hit a cycle wala and same incident , the guy fell on the glass , onto the roof and then at the back , she took it a nearby hospital and called her dad and at the end 4000 + medical bill was given to him. compromise.

at times we need to flee as vipul rightly said,
that day i was thinking ill just crash my car into the truck or divider if i can't stop in time, cause then at least i would be saved, if i hit the cow guys would've killed me. over that the entire bonnet and windshield would've shattered.
there was a time behind my building where railway tracks pass for local trains, daily people die on track around india, now a train driver would try his best but he won't risk using the brakes and risking lots of lives, right? this day a cow got banged on the tracks and people ran and beat the driver as well as doing thod fhod of the train. All this stuff played back when i was fearing the worse of hitting the cow, luckily verna has great brakes and it stopped without skidding.
ah it will depend whats going on your mind when the incident happen , hitting a cow a very rare case :D since mostly cows roam on the roads where you cannot go beyod 40 kmph i mean they are in congested areas. i hope i never hit a cow [:D]
Never try to flee from the spot if you get involved in an accident. Its a serious offence.

We've had cases where the person who fled was chased by locals and beaten up real bad after his crash into another vehicle on the run. Most people have cell phones these days, They can always call up for help to get you up ahead on the road. And when you get caught, They might be even more enraged and will unleash their rage, all out on you with more brutality.

Most of the time, people who do hit and runs end up in a more serious accident further down the road as they will be driving even more rash, out of excitement and on fear of getting caught.

I have come across lots of instances where people, mostly youngsters, who crashed and got killed, or hurt someone else after trying to escape cops hot on their tail for refusing to stop on demand.

If you feel there is a situation where people might turn into a mob and can turn against you when you get involved in an accident, Dont waste time and just call the cops.(Always be aware of the Police helpline numbers when on the road.) There are plenty of better chances to prove your innocence at court and fleeing from the spot is a never a great idea.

P.S: TSIVipul, Could you stop pushing anti social ideas on the forum for once? Its a request and I dont think you'll get any Brownie points for what you've been doing.
i agree , i will never flee away but as i mentioned above if people come to beat , one have to flee away , better to flee rather than to be at the hospital.

lots and lots of tension these days [:(]

Actually every person on the road has some tension in their mind or are always angry for a reason or two,like:-
Their wife haven't gave them good food.
Boss scolded them in office.
They haven't got leave.
The girlfriend ditched them.
They are caught in a jam..

And hence when they see someone trapped in any such situation then instead of coming for help they try their best to silence down their anger.
Take it this way(you are driving in Delhi,its a easy sight there),when someone is involved in an accident,no person comes to take the victim to hospital while if they get the owner of bigger vehicle then they can beat him up but will never assist him in taking the victim to hospital!!!Wow...
I myself have once seen a accidented car on ring road with people(A COMPLETE FAMILY) trapped in it and most of the people just slowing down,giving some open mouthed stares and going away..
And we people like mads were standing and asking some more people for help.Continuously making PCR calls and police arrived 10 minutes later but the no. of people stopped for assistance was just 3(I and two more guys).
WHAT A SOCIETY!!!!

Last edited:

now come on, its gone, happened let it be, just aim at being more aware of everything on the road, drive safe.
and the road i was driving on wasn't a congested road, hardly had any cars. was doing 60-80 i suppose.

Top Bottom