How To Protect Your Car From Colours of Holi

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
holi colours.jpg

India is indeed a nation of various festivities and colours. Today, every car manufacturer is in race to launch the best products from their lot, which are available in some different and unusual colours like never seen before. Just tell me if you had ever imagined that bright colours like Parrot Green and Red on cars would gain the popularity so early, especially when the trend was rather moving towards metallic silver? Nonetheless. Let’s accept that we want our cars to be colourful but only as long as the paint on them is OEM.

Come the season of March and there is insecurity amongst all car owners concerning about their rides. What should I do to protect my car from colours of Holi? Will the colour remain permanently on my car? How do I remove that ugly stain? Are a few questions which impatiently arise in minds of all, whether it is you or me. I still remember the first Holi with my car, when I attempted my best protect it from those colours throughout the day but it was only me who had to lose when suddenly a water balloon dropped on it from nowhere and...Ouch, it hurts. You know better what happened afterwards. All I can say is that it looked very weird on a brand new car. The bonnet of my car was now turned from white into purple, and it took almost a couple of months of effort before that mark totally vanished away. Also I must mention that owners of white (or for that matter any other such light shade) cars needs to be relatively more careful. So let’s move on and discuss a few pretty tips for the concerned owners so that both, our car and we can enjoy the actual spirit of this Holi.

As somebody rightly said, Prevention is better than cure. Strictly avoid taking off your car and driving it around in cities on this day. If you have a separate parking garage, why do you wish to keep everything else inside it except your car? A closed garage or separate shaded parking area is the next best thing you can offer to your car during Holi. Just in case that isn’t available and you live in clubbed societies, then sometimes collecting other car owners who are in same boat as yours could work too. The idea behind this is either to park all the cars of a block in particular location and notifying the other residents to stay away from them or entirely restrict playing Holi inside society premises. Even if this solution does not sound viable, it’s time to pull up the socks with a need to stay careful. Get a good quality car cover, though it does not assures permanent full stop to liquid marks but still you are a lot more relieved from unnecessary colour marks and also remember to perform a thorough waxing job on your car a couple of days before to prevent any harm to paint if the colours anyhow touches the body surface. On the interiors, covering the seats with old plastic sheets or bed sheets is considered as a nice practice too.

Just in case your car happens to become a victim of those pinkish, greenish, purplish and yellowish colours, immediately remove the stain with the help of water and car shampoo, fresh ones should generally clear out at once but for those which have been there for a while would ask for continuous daily washes, especially by rubbing hard on that area with wet and dry cloth. Now all said and done, please always remember not to panic because after all this festival is meant to spread joy. Thus enjoy and so do let others. Good luck and Happy Holi. Play Safe! :smile:

No worries..!!

give a car , good polish , even wax them.

after the colour , just wash them , use mild shampoo too!

not waxed!! no worries yet.
just sand them and polish it. hmm needs a painter(polisher also will do) to do this job!

ilango[speed thirst];70453 said:
No worries..!!

give a car , good polish , even wax them.

after the colour , just wash them , use mild shampoo too!

not waxed!! no worries yet.
just sand them and polish it. hmm needs a painter(polisher also will do) to do this job!
OMG; it just slipped from my mind. Today our DZire just came from rubbing and wax polish![frustration]

I have a garage so no concerns as such but trouble happens when you need to drive your car on holi. People drive like maniacs everywhere because of consumption of bhang maybe.

very helpful article!! well all cars in my area are colourful on holi and more than dry colours or pichkaris only baloons effect most badly!

Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
Isn't there any problem with people opting for oil colors and that color being sprinkled on our car???
Keeping the car parked away in some isolated (But safe) place would be most helpful. But what kind of oil colours are they?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom