How To Protect Your Car From Colours of Holi

Luckily in Goa there is not much of Holi celebration. It is an offence to put or throw colour on any person or property if he/she has not voluntarily joined the celebration.

Thread Starter #47

350Z

Core Team
Just about the right time to bump up this thread. Keep your rides safe this festival. Happy Holi!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Although I am late in replying here, but my suggestion might come handy next year. [:D]

I simply put a coat of hardwax polish (Waxpol, the cheapest and most durable polish for oldschool guys), and doesnot buff it off with a cloth. There is no harm in letting it there on car's paint for few days. It saved my cars' paint from ills of Holi hooliganism since eternity.

This time I got it applied on 01st-March, gave it a skip for cleaning on 02nd and got it cleaned on 03rd-March. Everything went fine and cars are back again in their original glory.

well,some kids sprinkled colours on our white honda city this holi,and i tried my best to remove them by washing with plain water,shampoo,VANISH(SRIDEVI ad),and even surf solution but all in vain,the spots were so dark that my car looked almost like a coloured dalmatian.then my wife told me to use her nailpolish remover on a small stain,and yes it worked(made it faint~90%).i was scared to use it as i thought it will damage the paint too,but the spots were looking so ugly,i didn't had any choice.we used 2 bottles and it took us 3 hrs for making most of them faint,then i used my deodourant too,the result was same.all of them fainted nearly 90%,and that was acceptable.
there was neither damage to the paint nor any other problem,but we can't say about long term changes as our car crashed after 1 month.so,its all up to you to use these things,cause we have experience of only 1 month we don't know much about the long term.
I know I'm bringing back a 6 year old post about a car that's no longer with us, but for future reference:

- Shampoo, Vanish, Surf, and most other Household detergents are NOT wax safe. Unlike an Auto shampoo, they will strip off layers of wax/glaze/some sealants. If you waxed your car for Holi and it got colored, this might be a good way of removing that layer with the colors - just wax it again after!
- NEVER use strong solvents such as Nailpolish remover (Acetone), Deodorant (Cyclomethicone group) or Fuel on your paint. They will quite easily take off clearcoat. The paint damage may not be visible, because there is a lot of clearcoat before reaching the basecoat (where the color is).

Also, that's a brilliant idea @SachinOnTop. I've waxed my car for Holi before, but never thought of just leaving the dry excess wax on as protection!

I heard from someone , that people from South hardly celebrate holi , but here , in the college where I studied we celebrate almost all festivals , and I remember the Holi of 2017 (Our final year ) . Though car was safe in exterior , issue was me and my friend both were in a mess after all the colours on our clothes and body . He told he is gonna take the car anyway and he left in his car , while me , I didn't wanna spoil the seat covers , so left the car there and went to home , freshened myself up and came back next day (which was a saturday ) , to take the ride .
I think what I did was the best , as he told he had a tough time removing the stain from his driver side seat covers , with detergent and 3M interior cleaning foam.

How to protect your car from Holi colours??
Keep driving it and far dare someone touch it when you are inside it!!
Well, jokes aside the best you can do is to park at a closed or indoor/ underground parking if possible.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My car is still bit on safer side reason the color is dark gray i.e almost bordering to Black so the stains aren't very visible. Secondly, our locality this time around has avoided playing holi with water and permanent colors etc. Pichkari(s) aren't used either and only gulal and chandan used. However, in the morning today, our neighbor's grandson (6 yr old) held some balloons and seeing that I stopped my car and waited for his father to tell him not throw it yet the kid threw one which didn't hit the car so as I moved ahead, he threw 2nd one which hit the left front window. That dumb father had nothing to say and had a smile only. I was bit upset but let it go since it was a kid and if his father isn't able to teach him then it is not kid's fault. Every year, this particular kid throws either a balloon or color on my car yet I let it go thinking that "Chalo holi ka shagun ho gaya":wink:

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom