How To Protect Your Car From Colours of Holi

rightly said vipul, this is the festival of colours and how hard you try still there would be people,kids, where it would fall some colours on our car intentionally or unintentionally, so what i do every year is cover my car with its cover, take out my bike and have fun, wax my bike before holi and wash it after i come back playing colours, no issues.Try to remmove colours dry first with a clean cloth, then shampoo and cleaning.

I never wax my bike,instead I just wash it afterwards.In case some color stays on the bike,even then I let it be as it gets removed in 4-5 washes.Also it is a sign of the hardcore holi we have played.

but i do, love my vehicles to be clean and have its shine remain as long as i can.Yes i know the feelings you are saying of hardcore festival, but then if those colours remains, keeps stain on your new clothes as well which i dont want it to.Anyways with you happy crazy safe holi dude.

but i do, love my vehicles to be clean and have its shine remain as long as i can.Yes i know the feelings you are saying of hardcore festival, but then if those colours remains, keeps stain on your new clothes as well which i dont want it to.Anyways with you happy crazy safe holi dude.
See buddy,sanity calms,but madness is quite interesting,and hence Holi is our festival of enjoying in our style.I love playing holi in hardcore but still disciplined manner.Disciplines enough that every time I get 2-3 shirts torn apart.And no difference between my face and hairs as both are black this day.And same I like for my bike too,it must match with me.
About car,I am never scared of exteriors.I am always scared that if i use it on Holi then the plush and clean interiors will be spoiled and this really hurts me.

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, I also dont worry much about exteriors.
They can be cleaned.
Actually, A dirty car is better as no one (Child, Teen,etc) will not try to lean (and wipe) on the car!

lxi.

Suspended
Last holi, My car was turn into pink (White Honda City) by my neighbour's Son. He sprinkled pink paint from his terrace to my city's roof! I took him to a side and gave him nice scoldings along with some pakka rang! on his face! :lol!:

Im so glad they dont celebrate holi in kerala. The only paint sprinkle we get to see are the ones done by painters who would paint a car white right next to a black one [frustration]

This is a well initiated thread, something which will interest and help out the worries of many car users and lovers who love to pamper their automobiles like anything.
Cheers!

well,some kids sprinkled colours on our white honda city this holi,and i tried my best to remove them by washing with plain water,shampoo,VANISH(SRIDEVI ad),and even surf solution but all in vain,the spots were so dark that my car looked almost like a coloured dalmatian.then my wife told me to use her nailpolish remover on a small stain,and yes it worked(made it faint~90%).i was scared to use it as i thought it will damage the paint too,but the spots were looking so ugly,i didn't had any choice.we used 2 bottles and it took us 3 hrs for making most of them faint,then i used my deodourant too,the result was same.all of them fainted nearly 90%,and that was acceptable.
there was neither damage to the paint nor any other problem,but we can't say about long term changes as our car crashed after 1 month.so,its all up to you to use these things,cause we have experience of only 1 month we don't know much about the long term.

Specific Protection with Holi on the Way

Hi Friends

With Holi down the corner any specific thing that needs to be done with the car so that the Holi colours so not end up being oermanent on the cars !!!

My car being white am really woried [frustration]

Hmm, yes Holi is just a month away and it is played like mad here in Hyderabad[clap]. I don't have problem as my car is always parked in my factory premises covered with a roof and with a security 24/7.

It is simple to save the car from colors, Just WAX the car bit heavy and completely and do not polish it, just leave it like that and after the festival just wipe out with a soft cloth and give a good wash thats it[:)]

Thread Starter #43

350Z

Core Team
Re: Specific Protection with Holi on the Way

With Holi down the corner any specific thing that needs to be done with the car so that the Holi colours so not end up being oermanent on the cars !!!
Just do a proper waxing, cover up the car and park it in a place where there’s a less movement of people around.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Just now came to see this thread, thanks for the Kind thread Vibhor bro. I also keep my ride inside during holi and try to guard it rather than washing and polishing its a tiring job to wash and polish.

BTW, how about using mobil oil/normal oil layer on the body of our cars.

Top Bottom