How To Prevent Rats Entering Inside Car?

Thread Starter #1
guys,
today morning i was surprised to see that the small indicator light on the left fender of my alto was not working while all the other indicators and electrical equipment were working fine. opened the bonnet . to my surprise, there were pieces of wire all around near the battery , coolant tank etc. since i park my car outside, i think rats had entered into the bonnet and had chewed off the wires. and the xerox copy of my insurance paper which i always keep in the glove box, was breathing its last.! the paper was literally shattered to pieces!!! guys pls help me regarding this. today i brought rat kill and have tied it inside the bonnet at 2-3 place and also under the dashboard. but i don't think thats going to work. so any suggestion guys??

sadly the only solution is to keep rat poisons.
Avoid eating in the car,tiny chunks of food fall in the car which the rat come looking for.
The bonnet being the only point of access they enter through there.

But how did the rodent go to the glove box??[shock]

Keep tobbaco in the bonnet it keeps the rodents away.(till the smell lasts).

For the next service ask the service engineer to get your petrol tank down and cover the fuel pipe with grease.
A rat bit of my cars fuel line and as soon as i started the car petrol started to flow over the petrol tank.
Cost of changing the fuel line was 1450 bucks + towing the car to the service center 900 rs.
Its not only my car that was affected,my friends A-Star in the adjecent building was also affected.But the puncture in the fuel line was not as big as mine hence his driver drove it to the service center

Thread Starter #5
i tried rat kill. but no use. that stupid rat keeps eating wires. today my rear speaker wires were chewed. that thing enters the cabin form the ac vents i think. and keeping tobacco is a bad idea i think...
i am thinking of tying a cat to my car[lol]

Rats do enter. but how inside the cabin?

Tobacco leaf is the best way to keep them away.
In mine it used to come inside the bonnet alone . I did keep a rat poison near the tire and next day i found it inside the bonnet.

Rat poison works in such a way that after eating the poison it searches for water , if found it will be alive.

Do they bite the fuel lines too? I have not experienced that.

Try these ,
i did in my previous estilo .

Tying tobacco leaf inside the bonnet where ever possible.
spay some chilly powder near the tires and bumpers esp in front.
Also keep some red chillies tied inside the bonnet.

Check your ac system , esp the blower system.

I do regularly start at 10.20pm and keep in idle till 10.30pm. And when i don't take the car out , the idling will be another 10 min extra.
Rats don't come for the engine heat.

Thread Starter #7
so people telling tobacco.. ok . let me try it once. and ilango, what is that chilli powder business? will the mice feel the hot chilly powder in its mouth or something?
but tobacco smells bad i think. i dont want cigar smell in my cars cabin when i keep the windows open!!

Rat poison is a good thing to do and one more thing i heard about but iam not sure about it pouring ammonia keeps animals away due to the smell.

Karthik.
It'll keep the mechanic away as well.[lol!]
Man is a social animal afterall[lol]

Ammonia smells just like urine(You have a cheaper alternative,if you know what i mean [evil]).
So when you open your car windows you'll feel like you are outside a public toilet.

Tobacco smell is not noticeable in the cabin.

Nuts!! This is crazy. How about rat traps in the cabin? I have heard my friends using it to good results.

Cheers,
Vroom

Nuts!! This is crazy. How about rat traps in the cabin? I have heard my friends using it to good results.

Cheers,
Vroom
AFAIK
Rat traps are big and can't be used in cars dude.

Best option is to use tobacco leaves
and avoid eating in the car.

Nope man.. this is definite news cause my friends have used it here in Mumbai. Can find out the efficacy of this process if required.

Cheers,
Vroom

350Z

Core Team
The attack of rats has become quite a common issue now. Please make sure to park the car in a clean location and keep it uncovered for some time. You can also try out other suggestions which are posted above or simply use the rat poison / trap. Please try to get rid of it as soon as possible because it could end up as a serious problem later. But on a lighter note: Gift those rats a new car. :biggrin:

stuart_little_dragster.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
Tobacco leaves don't smell that much. You have change them every 20 days or so.
@350Z The problem won't be solved even if he covers the car considering the rats get into the engine bay from beneath or sit on the axle atleast that is what used to happen in my Omni!

Steal a toy car from a kid and keep it your engine bay.[lol!]

Top Bottom