How To Manage Tight Schedule?

Thread Starter #1
Guys here is how I spent my last 24 hours:

Last night..

10:30-left for Jaipur..
2:50-Reached Jaipur and took rest for 3 hours.
5:10-Talked to the person I was to meet and got everything done till 7:30.
7:30-Left again for Meerut.
1:40-Reached Meerut and went directly to my college at 2:30.
2:30 to 4:30-Attended two boring lectures and reached home at 5:05.

Took a cup of tea and went for a meeting and kept on banging my head for 1 hour with some people.
6:40-Got free and directly went to our office and looked at the current sales figures of properties.
8:20-Everything complete and purely TAI time.
8:50-One more phone call and again I am out for 20 minutes.
9:15-Sat on dining table. as usual one hand on chapattis and one on TAI.
And now it's 10. I am sleepy and of course a lot disturbed.

I agree that daily I easily get 2-3 hours of free time and I spend it chilling out with friends and giving nightmares to other road users,but still I find myself searching for time if I need to go to a party etc.

Though,it's all about priorities,we always get the time for the things high in priority list.

But still,how to manage everything so that I can easily get an hour or two more free time for myself.There are professional people too who help making a routine but I think with you people available for help,I need not to consult any such person and burn some thousands for just a piece of advise.

Though I know some of you people are having even more hectic schedule than mine but for some days I am really hell disturbed.Especially the days I miss my college(Tue,Thurs,Sat,Sun).
Any suggestions???And yes,I'd like to see some more people like me who are worried on how everything will work if their routine goes on same way.Maybe this thread can work for same purpose...managing priorities!![:)]

Re: How To Deal with a Tight Schedule?

good thread buddy[clap]
i think its very useful for TAIns[:D].
i am not dealing with any tight schedule i just want to know[roll].

Thread Starter #3

^^It looks like all other TAIans are happy with their daily routine.That's really great,at least seeing only one disturbed person!!

@Rajvel:Buddy,don't worry.Tight schedule is just an year or teo away from you.

Tight Schedules?? are you joking. It is my normal Schedule. I leave my home to work at 7.15 AM and when I come back, best is 6 PM and worst is after spending 2-3 days in office. During deadlines I work from 8 AM to 10 PM at night.

And if you ask any one out in the world how to manage time. You will get 1000 different opinions from 1000 different people. Each one have their own time scheduler in their mind.

So the catch here is, when you get time (even few minutes) do what you like most to do.

What I do?

Before 2 years I use to play CS. (This is true for even few minutes I am free)
Play Angry birds and Fruit slice on my wifey's mobile.
Ofcourse logon to TAI and click on New posts. [:D]

Thread Starter #5

@Dharmesh:
So much work in office!![surprise]

Time managemnt is somehing which everyone does his way and hence I ahve managed miune such a way that I can take out an hour easily per day as free time without any significant chang in the schedule.

If this is your NORMAL schedule buddy,then what do you call tight?For me normal schedule is:
2 hours wasted.
2 hours driving around for work.
1 hour with friends.
6-7 hours at work.
1-2 hours meeting people around.
1 hour in party office.

If college is there then cut the office for that day..

Overall,I still have 10-11 hours easily for food,chilling around,sleeping[:D] and dreaming of Ferraris and Lambos..[glasses]

Guys
Now im going with some tight schedule
going to college in the morning and returning in the evening
getting only 30Mins - 1 hour daily for TAI is very hard.
Using mobile App for FB.
It would be easy if TAI mobile App is released.

Re: How To Deal with Tight Schedule?

Well this new job has really made my schedule tight but sometimes i like it this way because than my life remains in a routine.

7:30 Am: Wake up
9:00 Am: Reach Office
6:30 Pm: Reach home
7:30 Pm: Hit the gym
9:30 Pm: Back Home from gym. Take shower
10:00 Pm: Start making food
and by 11:00-11:15 pm food and dinner both are done. [:)]

See some shows/news/movie and sleep by 12:30-1:00 Am. [sleep]

But the good part is that Saturday and Sunday is a holiday so enjoy 2 days[:D]. And what i usually do is shopping/movie/trip.

Last edited:

Well this new job has really made my schedule tight but sometimes i like it this way because than my life remains in a routine.
That's good point there, Many times when I have lot of spare time, I get bored thinking about what I should do to keep my self busy and enjoy. SO Bets thing I do during work hours is enjoy my work. I take many tea breaks, talk to as many people as I can. and topmost I have made coding/programming my passion, so I never get bored doing my work.

But yes I am not workaholic. I have just tuned my mind in a way that I try to enjoy everything I do. [clap][;)]

One common tip that you will get from professional management trainers is: Wake up an hour or two early. That should also make you hit the bed a bit sooner.

Usually the efficiency goes down as the day ends. It's best to sleep early and wake-up early. If you wake-up an hour early, the first few hours of the day could be more efficient than the last few hours of the day. It is believed that the mind works better when fresh (mostly first half of the day), so the idea is to extend the first half of the day. Also, it helps you maintain better health due to better food in-take timing.

Last edited:

Simple funda -
Get your priorities right. If you do so, everything will fall in place.

Thread Starter #12

Simple funda -
Get your priorities right. If you do so, everything will fall in place.
And what if everything goes out of sync?

This is the time when I log off daily and go to sleep and today I am still in our office and enjoying TAI.

Well,as the work increases schedule also becomes tough I guess.

Many times it is just not about the priorities, it is about how much time each priority takes.
Yes, but this happens only because the work is new. If you know what it is like, you can have brief idea. The only issue is with meetings, which may take more than expected. I make a habit of having weekly schedule in my blackberry & keep 1.5 Hrs spare everyday for unseen delays. If everything works out smoothly, this 1.5 Hrs is a bonus.

BTW, for me, my till date tight schedule was when I covered 2 cities in 1 day (flight + car) where I had site visit in one city with brief meeting & conference at another. This was the first time I ordered food on domestic flight.
And it was also the time when I thought how nice it would be to own a helicopter & private plane. Would have saved 2-3 Hrs with ease. [:)]

"Tight schedule" is lame and girlish.

I Wake up at 4.55am

Start my work at 5.30 am.

600hrs I should report to field with work permit

630 hrs tool box meetings, allotting work to individual department.

1200 to 1300 lunch time.

almost 2-300km daily drive offroad to various fields,in Toyota Hilux!

1800hours sign off

Job to be handed to night shift

1830 day permit closed

1900-2000 dinner

2100hr bed.

No sunday no saturday no holidays. Oil Industry

still I keep punching in TAI !!

Thread Starter #15

Guys I used to think that job doers have whole time in the world.Why?
10-5 or 10-6 duty and then MAUJ.

But it looks like I am amongst the ones who have the easiest schedule here,BTW,HOW YOU ALL MANAGE IT?Because the days I work for so long,I am angry,frustrated and of course rude too.[anger]

Top Bottom